GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by age: 25-29

4.4

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

This is a must-have for any woman I think. The colours are different depths of dark and medium so do try them on properly but once you get your colour you will never use another bronzer. It provides warmth and depth to the face and it blends very well, softening the makeup underneath. Overall, amazing product to pair with your red lips.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Unlike their old bronzing liquid (called terracotta tinted moisturizer, with the wood cap and glass bottle), I don't understand the hype for this bronzing powder. It must be individual preference, but I have noticed that it wafts around the face easily and wears off (although not in a patchy way, since it applies so sheerly). I have it in 03. The colour is fine. Orange-brown, suits me. The powder is finely milled but I think it does not adhere well. Also, perhaps due to being so light in texture, I just don't think it applies very evenly despite having tried different brushes. You have to build it up but then the unevenness shows. I don't want to name her but a beauty blogger unintentionally displayed this in her rave review... if you Google Guerlain bronzing powder u might come across the image. There is a before and after, and the after is not a soft smooth buffed out tan colour, but an uneven splotch. That is how it often ends up on me. I think that Too Faced bronzers all top Guerlain. This is better for an allover wash of bronze with a big powder brush, perhaps...like a deep setting powder... but that isn't how I always want bronzer to work.

In love with this product. It's the perfect bronzer: not too dark, stays put for several hours, not an obnoxious level of shimmer. I do prefer a completely matte bronzer for daytime (Bobbi Brown), but this is my go-to nighttime bronzer. Only downfall is the packaging. Compact hinge broke after about a month of use, now the clasp digs into the bronzer when it's just simply "stacked" on top and makes a mess in my makeup bag. Hard to transport when broken, but I still make it work because I love the product.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

This bronzer goes on so smoothly and spreads evenly... it's just beautiful. My only complaint and reason I wouldn't buy it again is the high price compared to the other good bronzers like Nars Laguna or Benefit Hoola. However my Laguna shattered and I lost half of it, so that's why I wouldn't repurchase that. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen to this beauty!

I love this bronzer! It gives natural sun kissed look to my face. Lasts all day and texture is so good. Didn't make me break out. It's on the pricey side but definitely worth the money.

I came across this by chance when I was 14 and have used it since! More than ten years now. I just love it. I use number 3 through, so it has less of the red-ness in it.

This is my holy grail bronzer. I've tried Nars Laguna and still prefer this one. I know some people say that this leaves their skin pinker in tone than laguna (my sister had this issue, but she is more thanned naturally than me). However, I have really fair skin and find that this gives me a really believable bronzed look.

I have been using it for aroun 6 or 7 years. In that time I've never had any complaints or desire to change, other than when I was tempted by the Laguna hype, but didn't switch.
I use this over my loose foundation setting powder, and find that it goes on really well on top of that. I then apply a small amount of blush afterwards.

No issues with the packaging, I think it looks really nice, and I never have issues with the powder smashing or crumbling, except when I literally have almost scraped it dry maybe a few crumbles at that point.

The price is high but I'm happy to pay it because as someone who is very fair a good, natural bronzer is super important to me.
I have no hesitation in recommending you try this, and I hope you like it as much as me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Hg right here peeps I love this bronzeri have naturally tanned Asian skin but this gives it a real healthy glow and is great for contouring. It's not sparkly which I love I have no 5 I will deffintly repurchase soon to try a different shade

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

With my caramel complexion I have been searching for years for a bronzer without shimmer. I love that I can use this a bronzer, contour my cheekbones/jaw. or dust lightly for a great color.

I also love the smell. I use a number 7, which is too dark in winter for a allover powder but works well in summer.

I had long envied the celebrity summer looks with shimmery eyes and bronzed skin. Alas my skin has only three shades, white, pink and freckled. A summer tan was never to be mine by natural means. I've also long stayed away from purchasing a bronzer because I was convinced it would look like shiny dirt on my skin. I could not imagine ever finding a bronzer that would look good on me. For reference I wear #02 I'm Guerlains foundations. When at last I discovered that my beloved makeup brand was supposed to the best for bronzers I went for broke.

After reading that Natalia Vodianova wore my foundation colour and that they used #01 in bronzer for her, I bought it sight unseen. I purchased the permanent product line Terracotta Bronzer in moisturizing and long lasting formula.

The compact is quite small for a bronzer, it's very slim an made in artificial tortoiseshell with Terracotta embossed within the laminate. It's the prettiest and classiest compact I've seen for a while. It's also slim lime and small making a perfect handbag throw in. Top marks for packaging. The powder itself is a rich caramel colour that appears completely matte, both within the compact and on the skin. Not a hint of shimmer, and it even lacks the glow of my Guerlain finishing powder. If you want a bronzer with shimmer youmcould try and get your hands on this seasons LE, Radiant Sublime powder or just layer some meteorites over the top.

This powder is my ode to summer this year. So I use it as a contourer on my face, touching it to my cheeks, temples and the sides of my neck. The colour, while appearing scarily reddish brown in the compact is sheer and a very good colour for my skin tone. I have yellow undertones so the 01 colour is great. With a light application I look a little sun kissed, a heavier hand and I'm tanned. My skin developed some pigmentation this year which was a bit unwanted. But a touch of this bronzer helps to blend it in and make it less obvious.

For a great look I used Nars Comstantinople cream blush on the apples of my cheeks to give the tan a bit of warmth. The deep red of this blush mimics my natural blush well and layered over the bronzer brings a healthy glow to my face.

Overall I'm extremely happy with this purchase. It wasn't all just hype Guerlain bronzers are fantastic if you are looking for a very natural result. Well worth the $60 price tag. I'm glad I tried a famed product and even gladder it lived up to it's reputation.