GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my favourite bronzing powder, it looks so natural and I only need to use a tiny amount for it to last all day. I use it daily to contour just my nose, whole face contour on nights out and special occasions such as weddings etc and it looks stunning without being too shimmery/fake.
This is my staple and has lasted me years, even though the compact hinge broke shortly after buying but I can still close it and the powder doesn't leak at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I managed to find this in shade 04 at my local Winners (Canadian TJMaxx) so I only paid $30CAD for it, making it an absolute steal. It's a gorgeous gorgeous bronzer. A little bit too dark (NC20-25) but it blends out so perfectly and ends up looking so natural, it's like magic. It's never streaky, never patchy, and never hard to blend. If it does look a little too much, I can go over it with a large, clean fluffy brush and buff it out gently. Lasts alllll day with that beautiful effect and doesn't oxidize darker.

Is it a pretty bronzer? Yes. Is it worth $60? Not really. That's the bottom line for me. I'm too young to remember what it was like when these were first released but from what I understand it was pretty revolutionary in the beauty world. Makeup has significantly advanced since then and I just don't think you need to spend THIS much money to get a decent bronzer. There are other great options out there for a less cringe worthy price tag i.e Bobbi Brown, Nars, Too Faced.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I'm a bronzer junkie, always on the hunt for something that will warm up my pale, pale face and give me a bronzy glow! Anyways- I originally wanted to get the 4 seasons one(next on my wishlist!) but ended up with the terracota one #3 ( it was the only one available in my local counter )
It CAN lean slightly orange-y, but it works beautifully to warm up your complexion. Blends like a dream so you won't get those weird lines or bronze patches! (Phew) and the compact just feels sooo luxurious!
Will never use this to contour tho, too warm. The way I use this product in my daily routine:
Stilla 10in1 bronzing bb (primer), foundation, benefit bahama mama to contour (or sometimes LA girl pro concealer), guerlain terracota (on top of the contour, tip of my nose, forehead) then the balm hot mama to top it all off! And voila! Beautiful bronzed skin for NC30-35 skin. In my opinion, if you're lighter- it might lean a lil too orange or dark for you.

Is it my FAVORITE bronzer in the whole wide world? It's so hard to choose cause dift bronzers have dift uses and purposes! But for me, the one bronzer that works as a contour and a bronzer to warm up complexion has to be NARS laguna! It's not too taupe, not too ashy, not too dark and not too warm or orange. It can work as both contour and bronzer, so if you want value for your $$$ or new to bronzing- the NARS one is worth checking out!
But this is sooo recomended and will repurchase forever <3

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is expensive but worth it as it has a lot of shade selection to suit every ones skin color.
dlends easy and looks as natural or harsh you make it

I have this in shade 01.

Aaaand it's orange. I can manage to make it work though. It's very pigmented, but the powder is extremely fine. I don't need to blend it, just because of how fine the powder is. I don't use this often, usually only in the summer. When I do, I only put in on my temples, cheekbones, and as jaw contouring. I only use a small amount because my skin is pale and this is very pigmented. If I apply too much, it looks orange.

The amazing part - it's waterproof. I can put this on and have a shower and it's still there. The flipside of that is that like most Guerlain products, it is difficult to remove.

The price works out. I have had this bronzer for four years. It lasts a long time.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

FINALLY, bronzers for all of the dark skinned crowd. I was way late to the Guerlain game and really regret trying all the other bronzers I have. After failing miserably in trying to find a contour powder as an NW40 woman, I decided to splurge on a Guerlain Terracotta bronzer. Standard compact packaging, kind of a tortoiseshell effect. I wear shade 07 on my cheeks and it makes my face look sculpted and sexy without any shimmer or glitter. I only need to run my brush across the product one time per cheek because it is so ridiculously pigmented. I am hoping that this pricey product will have that NARS blush quality where you have one for years because it is so packed with pigment that you only need a little at a time. Normally, I would not drop $50 on a bronzer, but until I find one that flatters my skintone this well, I will probably repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm reviewing #07. This is one of the priciest products I own, but the truth is: If you are dark-skinned (I'm NC42-NC44) and live in Scandinavia, you have to shell out if you want a matte bronzer for contouring, there's no other brand that make bronzers this dark. This powder does have a slight skin-like glow that the eye will read as skin, not as makeup. It's pigmented, easy to blend and does not break me out. The color is great, it -could- be a tiny bit less red (I have almost no red tones in my skin, I am very yellow, so this might not be true to everyone).

WARNING: Heavily scented. Does not bother me.

I found the packaging pretty, but fragile. Mine broke and I had to fix it with tape.
I've hit pan after 16 months of daily to weekly use. I am satisfied and will repurchase.

Amazing bronzer, I've had mine for about 5 years and it's still going strong despite me using it every day!
Little secret- I use the men's version of this bronzer (yes, it exists). It has no shimmer and it looks SO natural. As with most products for men, it's made as subtle as possible on purpose so no one knows you're wearing makeup. But my mother uses the women's version and it's just as good- just has a bit more of a "makeup" feel to it.
I use it to give a bit of colour and deifniton to my cheekbones, but it's very buildable.
Love it, don't know what I'll do when it finishes because it's quite expensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is definitely one of my HG bronzers (the other is Too Faced Chocolate Soliel). I'm very picky when it comes to makeup and I think this bronzer really is worth the money, its probably the most high quality bronzer I've ever tried. Good shades for my skin are 03 and 05 I'm an NC35-NC40. The only really con for me is the packaging, I imagine if you drop it, it'll break. Though pretty its not very sturdy and its very top-heavy on the mirror.
TEXTURE:
Not powdery or chalky at all, very smooth and dense. It has a slightly baby-powder/old lady scent, that was a little off putting to me at first but now I kinda like it, the scent doesn't linger and its not irritating. It's not completely matte, there are very very fine gold shimmers but its not chunky at all or noticeable on the skin. It's got quite the pigmentation for a bronzer so you don't need too much, so it can be easy to over do.
FINISH:
BEAUTIFUL. It's so natural looking on the skin. Its not completely flat or dull at all without any noticeable shimmer. It really blends into the skin beautifully, its almost as if it just melts into the skin seamlessly. The finish is impeccable and unmatched. The shades are all very natural and really mimic a natural tan.
WEAR POWER:
Incredible wear power. The absolute longest lasting bronzer I've tried to date. I find it doesn't get blotchy or streaky on me even after wearing it for 14+ hours and holds up really well against my combo skin. It adheres to the skin really well.