Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Blow Out Lotion and Gloss Finish

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Blow Out Lotion and Gloss Finish

4.1

Aqua (water), Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolylmer, Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Laneth-40, Maleate/Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Trideceth-12, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate

on 10/24/2011 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have to say, I'm very happy with this. I got this on sale at Shoppers for about $5 so it's win-win! I personally like the smell. I got this one because I blow dry every day and only really use a flat iron on my bangs, as my hair is naturally pretty straight. It's nice and lightweight and sprays in an even spritz. But what really made me notice the difference was how it works with my straightener. I lost my beloved Chi straightener in an unfortunate fuse-blow accident and bought a cheap replacement from Winners. It does its job, but I always felt like the plates were pulling at my hair, despite being ceramic! Not so with this stuff. Now it runs through without tugging and the shine is lovely. Definitely buying this again.

on 5/7/2011 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm loving this stuff! Some people dislike the smell, but I rather like it. It's a clean floral scent that disappears fairly quickly. I have baby fine bleach treated hair that gets broom-like at the ends, and this seems to temporarily seal any splits. Due to my candyfloss texture, most shine serums or protective sprays turn me into a greaseball. Not so with this! I only use it as a blowout lotion, though. I find that after blowing my hair out with this stuff, my hair is bouncy and so light reflective that I don't need a shine spray. I will absolutely purchase this again, and will weep inconsolably if they ever stop making it.

on 3/16/2011 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I like the packaging as all got2b products come stylish and unique but it is really hard to bare just using it normally and it dosent really do much plus it wastes fast so no i wouldnt reccomend this to anyone

on 1/16/2011 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm not sure how this "protects" my hair with a few squirts, but it leaves my hair so soft that I use it anyway. I apply several sprays of this to my hair while it is still damp and I've let it air dry for about 10 minutes. Then I blow dry.
...
At first, I don't really notice a difference in texture, but the next morning, I find that my poofy hair has flattened down and looks as if I quickly ran a flat iron through it. The texture of my hair is so soft and smooth after using this product, like a baby's hair. It does not leave a greasy residue, either, which is great. However, if you have limp hair, this will tone down any volume and make it seem even more limp. This is definitely NOT a volumizing product, so beware. This product has a candy-like smell which seems heavy at first but does not seem to linger in my hair. If you don't like sweet scents, then avoid this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This really did the job for me, it made my hair protected and made it feel more healthy and shiny over time. I like the fact that spray gives a nice mist, and even if you use a lot of this it never makes your hair feel greasy. The only con is that I don't care for the smell (to me it smells like cheap perfume) but luckily it doesn't linger. I will purchase again.

on 3/1/2010 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product is pretty good, although not my HG. I got it on sale and it came with a little travel size spray also. I use this after I towel dry my hair and before I blow dry. I blow dry my hair about 3-4x a week, so my hair is pretty dry and damaged from that and the flat iron. I spray a few sprays all over my hair, especially at the ends. This has a very distinctive.. 'rose water' smell, but it's not too bad and it goes away very fast. I don't know exactly how much it protects my hair from the heat, but it does elimiate frizz, and gives my hair a very volumnized, puffy look, like i just put in mousse or soemthing. After using this for a few days, my coworker commented on how shiny my hair looked :), so this must be doing something right! I'm not sure if I would repurchase because I'm still looking for that HG styling product, and I want to try other things. but i've been using this for a few weeks, and so far, it's been great.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this product. I'm not sure if it actually protects my hair from heating tools, but it does give a nice smooth texture finish to my hair. I've noticed I get a puffy almost staticy look to my hair sometimes though :/ The smell isn't too bad, but I prefer using my John Frieda heat protectant spray.

on 2/5/2010 4:44:00 PM

I was looking for a heat protectant for blow drying when I came across this stuff at CVS. I think I paid around $8.00 for it and at the time it came with an extra travel size bottle. I really like the smell of this product and the overall finished look when I am done blow drying. I am hoping it is doing a good job protecting my hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Long, color treated, oily roots, dry ends hair type. I am more than half way finished with my bottle, and my hair seems to be more damaged after using this. I was previously using a silicone serum as my heat protection against blow drying, and to help with flyaways. With consistent use of this product, focusing on my ends, and always using extra, not only on my ends, but through out my hair, my hair does not look like it has been protected at all. I got much better damage protection with the off brand silicone gel from sallys I was using. I have more split ends, and the ends are drier compared to before. Ive been using high end shampoos, deep conditioning and using protein, so I know I have been taking care of my hair in other ways like always (to give this product a fair review) The product itself smells fantastic, the nozzle works awesome, and never gets clogged, the packaging is cute as can be, but this did not deliver. It was on the higher side for a drugstore product, I purchased based on hair board raves, but I would not recommend or re purchase. Some heat protection sprays help with flyaways and smoothing etc, but this one didnt. I dont care if it didnt help with flyaways, but it didnt protect my hair. I am going back to my silicone serum that will smooth, seal, and give better protection. Very cute name, and idea, but it did not protect against heat styling. I do not flat iron, or curl my hair anymore for reference. I use a round brush a few times a month, and use a blow dryer. The first few uses I felt this blocked heat, because my hair would not feel warm after blow drying, but the effect didnt last long. This didnt leave me crunchy or dry, but it just didnt work.

Great product! It really protects my hair from my blow dryer.
Everyone should use a heat protector before they apply a blow dryer, flat/curling iron, and etc. This will help protect your hair up to 425 degrees (that's insane-imagine using your hair dryer/ flat iron that hot w/o it).

Anyways, it was real cheap, the smell is nice, and it has cute packaging (wings on a chain attachment).

Just towel dry your hair, then, spritz your hair 8 - 10 inches away and start your normal hair routine.

Popular Styling Products