Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Blow Out Lotion and Gloss Finish

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Blow Out Lotion and Gloss Finish

3.9

Aqua (water), Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolylmer, Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Laneth-40, Maleate/Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Trideceth-12, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate

on 6/25/2012 5:40:00 AM

Smells great
does a fantastic job of my hair and I like the packaging.
Would buy this again.

on 10/24/2011 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have to say, I'm very happy with this. I got this on sale at Shoppers for about $5 so it's win-win! I personally like the smell. I got this one because I blow dry every day and only really use a flat iron on my bangs, as my hair is naturally pretty straight. It's nice and lightweight and sprays in an even spritz. But what really made me notice the difference was how it works with my straightener. I lost my beloved Chi straightener in an unfortunate fuse-blow accident and bought a cheap replacement from Winners. It does its job, but I always felt like the plates were pulling at my hair, despite being ceramic! Not so with this stuff. Now it runs through without tugging and the shine is lovely. Definitely buying this again.

This is an okay product - leaves hair kinda smooth and soft, and I do feel like it protects my hair against heat decently.
But the smell is God awful. It smells like Barbies and kids' perfumes, and not in that subtle, fresh flowery way some kids' perfumes smell. Literally like toys and just plain disgusting. And the worst part is that it lingers.
The bottle also seems kind of deceiving. It's curvy-shaped so that you won't get as much product as it seems, and it's not nice to hold. The dangly plastic thing it comes with is just tacky and I took it off immediately after I got it.
What's good about the packaging is though that the name is clever and the cap sits well on the bottle. The spritz is not misty enough and too harsh IMO.

So all in all - it performs decently, but packaging (and smell) is terrible. Would not repurchase.

I am really enjoying this product. It says it protects your hair when using heat up to 400 degrees. I'm not sure if that's true but I use it anyways. It smells quite good and leaves my hair soft and manageable. I really like this because I use it pretty much every time before I blow dry my hair. I will probably be repurchasing this again.

on 1/6/2011 1:34:00 PM

I wanted to curl my hair with a flat iron so i sprayed this product all over my hair, but after that it was hard to make bouncy, defined curls, because it make my hair heavy, sticky, but it didnt apply much. maybe it works for making hair sleek and stright with a flat iron, but it is a miss if you like to make curls.

This is a very good heat-protectant for normal hair, because it protects it, adds shine, and it doesn't look oily or anything like that.
I'm going to try the Tresseme one, I think that one is better..

on 9/16/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Maybe I am in the minority, but I love how this smells and I wish the scent lasted. As for how it works as a heat protectant, I can't really say. I mean, how do you really know if something is protecting your hair? I haven't noticed any major changes in my hair from using this, but I trust that it is doing its job. I also like that it doesn't weigh my hair down, unlike Chi Iron Guard.

on 2/5/2010 4:44:00 PM

I was looking for a heat protectant for blow drying when I came across this stuff at CVS. I think I paid around $8.00 for it and at the time it came with an extra travel size bottle. I really like the smell of this product and the overall finished look when I am done blow drying. I am hoping it is doing a good job protecting my hair.

While I wouldn't say I am completely in love with this product, it does have some nice attributes. First of all, I have narrowed down the fragrance to a (decent) knock-off of Dior Poison. It smells almost exactly like Poison, but with that little something that knock-off fragrances have. The somewhat familiar, nostalgic scent really bothered me until I could put my finger on it. Others may disagree, especially those with more sophisticated sniffers...

I digress. I do feel like this product made my hair shinier, but I'm not 100% sure that it really protected it much. I blow dry THEN flat iron, so I think that combo probably cancelled out any real protection benefit. It did help to keep fly-aways at bay for the most part. I used the entire bottle and I'm likely to buy it again if it's on sale.

on 8/11/2009 5:42:00 PM

I really needed some new heat protection, and this bottle caught my eye at CVS. It's rather tall and tapered and looks like a genie might pop out of it :) I used it on Sunday (today's Tuesday), and my hair has been shining and smooth since then, despite our high humidity here in LA. I love that I can use just one product - really a nice leave in - blow dry and I'm done. My ends love this product. Based on one the of the reviews here, I'm going to try it for air-drying next weekend and will update with results. This is a great, budget friendly product.

Popular Styling Products