Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Blow Out Lotion and Gloss Finish

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Blow Out Lotion and Gloss Finish

3.4

Aqua (water), Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolylmer, Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Laneth-40, Maleate/Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Trideceth-12, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was originally looking for the Blow out Lotion and finishing Gloss from the Got2B Guardian Angel collection, but I couldnt find it anywhere.. Then I realized that it's the same thing as curling iron and straightening version as well. There are only one or 2 chemicals that are re-arranged for each version. They are all basically the exact same except for packaging. So, if you cant find the version you want, no worries!

That being said, I ended up finding the staightening iron version, and I love this stuff! I have fine hair that is highly prone to heat damage.. I've used many different heat protections (Chi, Tressamme Heat tamer, VO5, blah, blah, blah...) but this one is the best.

It doesn't weigh my hair down, like the majority of products do. It's cheap, smells wonderful and actually works. That's not to say it completely stops heat damage, but I have noticed a fairly large improvement. I use this stuff every time I blow-dry, curl, or straighten my hair. Works great for all 3. The only thing I don't like is the alcohol in it, but its still a great product.

Ill be buying it again. Good job on this one Got2B.

on 5/7/2011 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm loving this stuff! Some people dislike the smell, but I rather like it. It's a clean floral scent that disappears fairly quickly. I have baby fine bleach treated hair that gets broom-like at the ends, and this seems to temporarily seal any splits. Due to my candyfloss texture, most shine serums or protective sprays turn me into a greaseball. Not so with this! I only use it as a blowout lotion, though. I find that after blowing my hair out with this stuff, my hair is bouncy and so light reflective that I don't need a shine spray. I will absolutely purchase this again, and will weep inconsolably if they ever stop making it.

This is an okay product - leaves hair kinda smooth and soft, and I do feel like it protects my hair against heat decently.
But the smell is God awful. It smells like Barbies and kids' perfumes, and not in that subtle, fresh flowery way some kids' perfumes smell. Literally like toys and just plain disgusting. And the worst part is that it lingers.
The bottle also seems kind of deceiving. It's curvy-shaped so that you won't get as much product as it seems, and it's not nice to hold. The dangly plastic thing it comes with is just tacky and I took it off immediately after I got it.
What's good about the packaging is though that the name is clever and the cap sits well on the bottle. The spritz is not misty enough and too harsh IMO.

So all in all - it performs decently, but packaging (and smell) is terrible. Would not repurchase.

I am really enjoying this product. It says it protects your hair when using heat up to 400 degrees. I'm not sure if that's true but I use it anyways. It smells quite good and leaves my hair soft and manageable. I really like this because I use it pretty much every time before I blow dry my hair. I will probably be repurchasing this again.

on 1/13/2011 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So far this is the only heat spray I've used that actually seems to protect my hair (I've tried John Frieda, Alberto, Giovanni, Bain de Terre, Tresemme, and several serums - the serums and Tresemme did help a bit and made my hair shiny once the initial frizz calmed, but didn't really protect nearly as well). I blowdry my hair, and this volumizes/holds well with very minimal frizz. I've also used it on dry hair to blowdry my bangs straight with a concentrator nozzle and it seemed to work even better on dry hair (this product being the only one that's really protected my hair when already dry even when using the highest blowdrier setting and holding it right against the hair). The only downside is it doesn't really give hair shine (did seem to give a bit when I used it on already dry hair though) and has denatured alcohol in it, but until I find something else that actually protects my fine/thick/dry hair as well as this for both volumizing/straightening I'll stick with this and the Tresemme (no drying alcohols and does give great, non-greasy/weighing shine even if it's not quite as effective).

on 1/6/2011 1:34:00 PM

I wanted to curl my hair with a flat iron so i sprayed this product all over my hair, but after that it was hard to make bouncy, defined curls, because it make my hair heavy, sticky, but it didnt apply much. maybe it works for making hair sleek and stright with a flat iron, but it is a miss if you like to make curls.

This is a very good heat-protectant for normal hair, because it protects it, adds shine, and it doesn't look oily or anything like that.
I'm going to try the Tresseme one, I think that one is better..

on 5/21/2010 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this along with the Smooth Operator hairpray when CVS had them BOGO 1/2 off. I decided to try this out when I ran out of my favorite Redken Anti-Snap. It had a heavy fragrance that dissipated once it was dry. I can't really tell if it did a fantastic job protecting my tresses from heat damage but my hair was certainly just as nice as it usually is after a blowout. I think only consistent use would really tell if this did the job of protecting hair from heat damage. I will probably update this review again after using the product for a few months. -Update: This product did not really live up to my expectations. I used a few times and tossed it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Long, color treated, oily roots, dry ends hair type. I am more than half way finished with my bottle, and my hair seems to be more damaged after using this. I was previously using a silicone serum as my heat protection against blow drying, and to help with flyaways. With consistent use of this product, focusing on my ends, and always using extra, not only on my ends, but through out my hair, my hair does not look like it has been protected at all. I got much better damage protection with the off brand silicone gel from sallys I was using. I have more split ends, and the ends are drier compared to before. Ive been using high end shampoos, deep conditioning and using protein, so I know I have been taking care of my hair in other ways like always (to give this product a fair review) The product itself smells fantastic, the nozzle works awesome, and never gets clogged, the packaging is cute as can be, but this did not deliver. It was on the higher side for a drugstore product, I purchased based on hair board raves, but I would not recommend or re purchase. Some heat protection sprays help with flyaways and smoothing etc, but this one didnt. I dont care if it didnt help with flyaways, but it didnt protect my hair. I am going back to my silicone serum that will smooth, seal, and give better protection. Very cute name, and idea, but it did not protect against heat styling. I do not flat iron, or curl my hair anymore for reference. I use a round brush a few times a month, and use a blow dryer. The first few uses I felt this blocked heat, because my hair would not feel warm after blow drying, but the effect didnt last long. This didnt leave me crunchy or dry, but it just didnt work.

While I wouldn't say I am completely in love with this product, it does have some nice attributes. First of all, I have narrowed down the fragrance to a (decent) knock-off of Dior Poison. It smells almost exactly like Poison, but with that little something that knock-off fragrances have. The somewhat familiar, nostalgic scent really bothered me until I could put my finger on it. Others may disagree, especially those with more sophisticated sniffers...

I digress. I do feel like this product made my hair shinier, but I'm not 100% sure that it really protected it much. I blow dry THEN flat iron, so I think that combo probably cancelled out any real protection benefit. It did help to keep fly-aways at bay for the most part. I used the entire bottle and I'm likely to buy it again if it's on sale.

Popular Styling Products