MAC Lipliner in Test Pattern

No Image

on 5/13/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

So sad that this is discontinued-my all time fav. I've been trying to match this color with no luck. So totday i figured i would test something... I lined my lips with mac's pale yellow pencil and then went over the pale yellow with stripdown-success! Very close to test pattern! I use blankety everyday so this worked perfectly with it. Just wanted to pass along...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It saddens me so that my HG MAC products are all LE or DC'ed.

IMO, this is the perfect nude pink lipliner and I wear it with everything. I've been lucky to snag them off of ebay or get them by swapping on here. I have already gone through about 4 of them in the past year.

on 4/16/2005 3:55:00 AM

Test Pattern is a neutral pink shade with a grey/lavender undertone, pretty much as everyone else described in their reviews. I am a PPP w/dark brow hair and blue eyes and this is the perfect lip liner to give me a nude mouth look. I have medium pink lips so when I try to get a nude look, it never works for me until now. I've always wanted the J-Lo nude lip look and this liner is the first one to give that to me. If you're cool toned and fair, this is a must have, especially paired with C-Thru lipglass. I love that the pencil is long so I can get a lot of uses out of it. The pencil applies easily to the lips, I didn't have to tug. Overall, one of my favorite lip liners to date.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I know this is discontinued but this pencil is perfect! It is super light pink with a slight grey/lavender tone which makes it more neutral. I am super fair and I have really pigmented lips. Because of this light pink lippies turn dark and neutral lippies turn brown or orange. YUCK. With this lip pencil, my lips are toned down so that I can wear light colors and they look great. It can turn some lippie colors greyish but for the most part I love it!

on 2/17/2005 9:14:00 AM

This is an amazing liner to tone down red, overlypigmented lips for a more balanced look or to show off your eyes, especially if they're green. Creamy and pigmented. Highly recommended. :)

on 2/15/2005 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this lipliner for making a pale canvas on my pigmented lips. It's pale enough to make them look naturally light, and is a great base for paler nude lipsticks like Half n Half. The only thing I would change about this lipliner would be to make it a tiny bit more neutral, as it leans to the coolish lavendar side. I'm stocking up on this since it's d/c :P

on 2/7/2005 5:06:00 PM

PPP brunette, green eyes. This mauve/nude is the most flattering shade of lipliner for a natural look. Unfortunatly this is LE and is becoming hard to find.

on 12/21/2004 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Too purply/mauve to be an effective nude. Also, doesn't glide on smoothly.

on 10/14/2004 7:20:00 AM

Made me look like I had no lips. That's not what I was going for. I love MAC's Stone and Stripdown l/l - but the formula of this one seems to be drier than of the others.

This is my perfect YLBB lipliner. It is my HG nude. Great on its own with smoky eyes or as a base for any other lip color made on earth. I am so sad to know that its discontinued & will continue my Holy Mission to find a lookalike. I realize this is not the appropriate setting, but if anyone reading this finds a match, please please please please write me; i really love Test Pattern that much.