Wet 'n' Wild Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black

2.0

on 12/22/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product is pure and absolute TRASH!!

My HG eyeliner is the Wet N Wild Megaliner in Jet Black. I will leave the house with high end everything on my face except eyeliner, and have never felt the need to change. I've been using it for years.

So you can imagine my shock when I went into Wal Greens today and every single bottle of mega liner was sold out!! They were on sale for .79 and I didn't even know it! SMH I was panicking because I didn't know what else to use and I didn't want to spend $5-$10 on other eyeliners that wouldn't work as well and finding something liquid was proving quite difficult. I looked all over for other options and saw this. I thought well, since its Wet N Wild, it might work. Hmph. Was I in for a shock!

It was completely sealed and when I opened it up, you can imagine my surprise when I saw that the marker was already dried the hell up. Literally. NOTHING came out and the tip of brush was already bent so even if it wasn't dried, it still would have been sh*t. I kept wondering how an employee re-sealed the tube back up. No way this was brand new!!!

Luckily, I saw the Jordana Cat Eye Liner at the register and bought it at the same time so I could test another new product out, and wow, glad I did. I would have been pissed if I got home and was out of eyeliner.

on 10/26/2015 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I had bought this and when I opened the packaging, the liner was dry and would only apply as a very light grey. Not only was I disappointed, but frustrated. The package clearly says "Blackest Black" yet the only color that actually appears is light grey. I will never buy this product again.

on 9/17/2015 2:34:00 PM

The first time I've ever bought a liner like this just to try something new (I'm very make up illiterate) and went to go use it and it seemed dried up and no liquid. I've tried gravity (tip down) and still nothing. Bad first impression. The price is perfect but not if it doesn't "work"...won't buy it again. I'll spend the money to get a decent liquid liner. Pretty bummed....

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like this liner. It's not the darkest on the first swipe (but i'm so bad at eyeliner that i need to draw over my line multiple times, anyway) but it definitely makes a clear line and dries fast. My eyelids are a bit oily so halfway through the day there'll be a little buildup on the outer corners of my eyes, but if i wipe that away the line if still almost perfect.
The cap kind of sucks, though. It doesn't click shut or seem very tight so I'm worried that it will dry out before I'm done using it.

This is the first liquid eyeliner I've owned and I really like it.

on 4/27/2013 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Wish i had read reviews before purchasing this, the color as said below is NOT black. it can't even be built up to a black. if you want a cheap felt tip eyeliner try new york color (nyc) they have a nice one. flower beauty also has a decent one. stay away from this, it sucks.

on 4/22/2013 3:36:00 PM

I had to say something negative about a Wet n Wild product, but this is terrible. Color was not black if you could get it to lay down any color at all. I purchased two of these in this black and neither worked. It was a buy one, get one half off. Both went into the trash, and I am usually someone who tries to make it work. You couldn't even write a note with these!

on 2/11/2013 8:07:00 PM

Where shall I start? This liner has zero staying power, even with eyelid primer on. My eyelids aren't even oily and within 2 hours, this was almost gone. And it's so hard to put on, as the felt tip feels like sandpaper and actually scratches my eyelids as I'm trying to put this on. And it's SO hard to make an even line with this, it was like trying to put eye liner while driving on a bumpy road. Total waste of money! And I bought this for $4.49, which is money in the garbage. I'm back to using my Jordana Fabuliner, which is $2.29 and the best liner I've ever used for the money.

on 11/4/2009 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I'm surprised how well this works. I didn't expect much for 2 bucks. I reach for this often, over my more expensive liners. It's really quick and easy to use. It still hasn't dried out yet. This is a very good value for the money. I have the NYX version of this and this is way better, that one dried out after just a few uses.

on 5/24/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this for $1.99 at Kmart and I must say that this is a nice alternative to those who aren't comfortable with traditional liquid liners. It's just like a marker, offering the precision of using a fine-tipped felt pen or marker, though it has a slightly more flimsy tip. I was looking at the L'oreal version of this for a while, but didn't want to spend $7+ on something I wasn't sure about. So glad I found this instead! it has definitely satisfied my curiosity. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is, as the reviewer mentioned below, it isn't as rich as liquid liners and it tends to fade a little during the day. I'm completely comfortable with liquid liners anyway, but this will be nice on my lazier days. =)