Wet 'n' Wild Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black

Price: $

on 12/22/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product is pure and absolute TRASH!!

My HG eyeliner is the Wet N Wild Megaliner in Jet Black. I will leave the house with high end everything on my face except eyeliner, and have never felt the need to change. I've been using it for years.

So you can imagine my shock when I went into Wal Greens today and every single bottle of mega liner was sold out!! They were on sale for .79 and I didn't even know it! SMH I was panicking because I didn't know what else to use and I didn't want to spend $5-$10 on other eyeliners that wouldn't work as well and finding something liquid was proving quite difficult. I looked all over for other options and saw this. I thought well, since its Wet N Wild, it might work. Hmph. Was I in for a shock!

It was completely sealed and when I opened it up, you can imagine my surprise when I saw that the marker was already dried the hell up. Literally. NOTHING came out and the tip of brush was already bent so even if it wasn't dried, it still would have been sh*t. I kept wondering how an employee re-sealed the tube back up. No way this was brand new!!!

Luckily, I saw the Jordana Cat Eye Liner at the register and bought it at the same time so I could test another new product out, and wow, glad I did. I would have been pissed if I got home and was out of eyeliner.

on 11/14/2015 4:06:00 PM

Not blackest black but crappiest crap is the name this thing was dry when I purchased it don't waste your money. Wnw has it down pat with their lipsticks but their eye make up sucks balls I guess ill give in and pay sephora prices and get one that actually draws not scrapes across my eyelids...

on 9/17/2015 2:34:00 PM

The first time I've ever bought a liner like this just to try something new (I'm very make up illiterate) and went to go use it and it seemed dried up and no liquid. I've tried gravity (tip down) and still nothing. Bad first impression. The price is perfect but not if it doesn't "work"...won't buy it again. I'll spend the money to get a decent liquid liner. Pretty bummed....

on 6/19/2015 1:29:00 PM

USD $3.99. I seem to have gotten really lucky with this one as I have not had any problems with this eyeliner. But I haven't used this on top of eyeshadows as I don't wear much color on my eyes now. The color was intense black, and I loved that the felt tip was very pointed and firm. I've used Lancome Artliner for years, and my pet peeves with Artliner is that the tip is a little too fliexible and broad, so it's hard to get a thin line. With this pen, however, I could really control the thickness of the liner and get a nice cat's eye finish at the end. Even midway through a farily humid day, I didn't see any fading or raccoon eyes. Overall, awesome buy, IMO.

on 1/3/2015 6:20:00 PM

This is kind of a joke of a product. First few times you use it, great color, lasting power, precise application. But that really is all you get out of it, a few times. When applied over eyeshadow the marker quickly stops applying and dries out.

This is one product I must say I truly dislike. Typically Wet N Wild products are pretty good considering how inexpensive they are. But with this liner you truly get what you paid for. It's felt tip just like a marker hence the name Defining Marker. Where Wet N Wild fell short was in the product itself. This is by no means a black liner. It is very gray and dry. The marker skids a lot. I where eyeshadow so building the color is impossible. Besides who wants to go over their liner more than once anyway? Touch ups yes but not shading. That tends to make the skin irritated and tender not to mention to much rubbing in the eye area. NO THANK YOU!

on 9/6/2014 1:18:00 AM

This is a rubbish product. Pigmentation is terrible and hard to draw a smooth line. PLEASE DO NOT BUY IT. Terrible and hard to use at all

on 7/30/2014 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Wet n Wild
"Mega Eyes"
Defining Marker(869)

The tip looks like soft felt but it is hard and scratchy.
I tried using this a few times, thinking maybe the liquid needs to reach the tip, with no luck.
Wetting the tip and testing it on my hand, I was able to get some dark grey lines. Trying to apply it below my lower lash-line hurt my skin and ended up looking like a medium-grey blur.
At first I thought there was some secret technique I was not getting, but after reading the other reviews I came to the conclusion that this is an awful product. After a few frustrating attempts I ended up throwing it in the trash.

I bought the one in black and in dark brown because they had a BOGOFREE on Wet n Wild a while ago. Absolutely trashy.

The felt tips on this eyeliner pen is so hard it practically scratches your eyelid. It's like getting one of your kitty's claws and scratching it across your eyes. The black one is not even black. The brown is blah. Application is not even. Smudges and have terrible staying power for lack there of.

Do not buy this one. I will probably give the Jordana Fabuliner a try when it goes on sale, but not this one by Wet n Wild.

on 4/22/2013 3:36:00 PM

I had to say something negative about a Wet n Wild product, but this is terrible. Color was not black if you could get it to lay down any color at all. I purchased two of these in this black and neither worked. It was a buy one, get one half off. Both went into the trash, and I am usually someone who tries to make it work. You couldn't even write a note with these!