Wet 'n' Wild Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black

3.1

on 1/23/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have been in search of a good eyeliner for a while now....I HAVE FOUND IT!
I will say that I like this better than the Kat Von D tattoo liner.....I don't know why this is getting bad reviews....I LOVE IT!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This marker sucks. It sucks so much I'm contemplating using it to draw on paper instead of on my eye. I had another eyeliner (I think the eyeliner *pen*) from Wet and Wild that was good and thought I was buying the same product. Then I opened it.... And there was a rough marker tip instead! No matter how hard I press it hardly any product comes out... It hurt the sensitive skin around my eyes. Save your money and don't buy.

Biggest piece of crap I've ever bought. Don't waste your money.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

i have to say that I really did enjoy this liner pen as long as it lasted. Its a great alternative to those HE or other more expensive marker pens like say Tokidoki etc. I would have to say I love the Elf Waterproof Pens the most since theyre super duper affordable ($1) & seem to have more ink but i would def suggests this to those who maybe didnt like the Elf pens.
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
These can be found wherever your WNW products can be found like in most drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid as well as Walmart stores. (i dunno but my local Targets dont sell WNW) and the price is pretty great on this pen, it will cost you $2.99 which is cheap for a liner marker. The price may vary slightly depending on location as well as discounts/sales
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The WNW Defining marker only comes in one shade which is in Blackest Black which is a downfall (thats another reason i prefer Elf since they have more options) but the Blackest Black is super black when its fresh! i love how dark it is. Its a little shiny at first but dries matte. It dries dark black. Its not a charcoal- its a black. The marker is easy to work with. The tip is long but comes to a fine tip. The tip is a bit flexible so its easy to line the lashline w/. makes it easy to get right into the lashline. I love this marker. It stays on pretty well too! . I dont have oily lids though so im not sure how it would hold up but im sure priming your lids will helps significantly. i love using this everyday. if you are a liner addict like myself- this is great. Its a great alternative to liquid liner. This will give you the look of liquid liner but less harsh. I also find the marker to be easier than cream liner since theyre no dirtying up a brush. It makes lining & making winged liner looks so much easier. This will stay put on me for at least 7-8 hrs before i see any fading. It does set quickly so ive not seen any transferring onto lid area. Its very nice. I wish the formula would last longer but it did last for around 2 months before it starting drying up & not being black. which is great for how cheap it is. I def wish they made a few more colors but the black is a great staple to own & can def be used everyday.
=PACKAGING=
The marker comes in a black marker pen with silver writing/logo. Its simple & small & can slip into any makeup bag/purse for touch ups if needed. The lid snaps close. It keeps the tip from drying up. The tip is fine & actually really easy to use since its a tad flexible. no frayed loose fibers on this one. i def suggests to store this downright (the tip facing down) so that way the ink will constantly be running into tip keeping it from drying up. I will help in the long run from drying out & being a waste. if you shake this marker you can hear the "ink or liner" in it. Shaking it up a bit too will help the formula mix together. Its the basic marker liner. Great tip & these are super convenient. make sure the lid is on right as well as you store it downright.
Overall, if you are sick of using liquid liner & pencil lining isnt dark enough for you & want some easy & affordable, def try this out! its great!! i love it & will repurchase at some point but right now i have a few from elf opened so i will get it the next time wnw is on sale. Its just real easy to throw in my purse to line my eyes when i need to look a bit pulled togther!

on 11/12/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

such a disappointment :( there are a lot of W'n'W products that i looooove (the 648 Taupe eyeliner pencil is my HG for brows, their All Over Shimmer 832D highlighter was the best highlighter i've ever owned in my whole life, i have no idea WHY they would EVER discontinue it when it was such a cult favorite) and so i'm always game for trying new W'n'W products. i decided to try their version of the marker-style liquid eyeliner because i fell madly in love with Styli-Style's Nano Liner 24 in Carbon Black (not to be confused with their regular, longer version which sucks, the Nano Liner is smaller) and i can no longer find it at the grocery store closest to my house, so i looked to W'n'W for a replacement. Unfortunately, no dice. while the shape, length, and tip of the liner is good, the color is VERY weak and un-pigmented. at best it comes out a soft black/medium dark grey, and when i want to do a winged eyeliner look, i want super dark opaque black that stands out and makes a powerful statement. it should LOOK like opaque, shiny, black paint until it dries to an equally dark, matte finish, and instead this actually looks like the line a kindergartener's black marker (and not a fresh one) would make on a piece of paper. anyways, i guess if you're looking for a softer, milder version of a black liquid marker style liner than this might be good for you, but if you want the traditional, opaque, Marilyn Monroe look, this is not the one. i guess i'll keep on looking, or just order my Styli-Style Nano Liner 24 from somewhere online.

on 11/3/2011 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I'm in the process of experimenting with different liquid eyeliners to see what I'm going to stick with. This was a FAIL. I like the idea of having it in pen/marker form but the actual product was just too lightly pigmented. I had to really work it in just to see a half-way decent line. I ended up tossing it after the first use. Not for me.

on 8/29/2011 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This felt tip eyeliner marker is just ok. It's cheap, easy to use, for a on smooth and doesn't run or fade. It's not the darkest, most intense black liner. It's just ok.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is not super pigmented and I did notice it dried out (not completely, but it was noticeable) pretty quickly. That said, I actually like the fact that it doesn't make a crazy dark or thick line. I use a different liquid liner when I want that blackest black dramatic line, but this product works great for me when I want a more natural look. I use it to tightline my upper lash line and it adds some subtle definition and depth to my monolidded eyes. So even though this isn't a world class top quality product, it works great for me and is a great buy for the price.

on 11/8/2010 11:37:00 PM

I loved this product I got so many compliments on it and I would buy it again. It was also very cheap, I bought it at Walmart. People say it drys out quickly, but I think you just have to make sure you have the cap on securely.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because I was looking for a liquid liner with a felt tip that was easy to apply and cheap. Well, it was cheap. This was an okay product. It didn't go on quite as black as I'd like, and I ended up having to shake it to get much color out. Since there wasn't much coming out it was pretty awkward to apply and I ended up having to darken the line with my old liquid liner to make it look darker and more precise. I struggled with it quite a bit.