Wet 'n' Wild Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black

2.4

on 12/22/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product is pure and absolute TRASH!!

My HG eyeliner is the Wet N Wild Megaliner in Jet Black. I will leave the house with high end everything on my face except eyeliner, and have never felt the need to change. I've been using it for years.

So you can imagine my shock when I went into Wal Greens today and every single bottle of mega liner was sold out!! They were on sale for .79 and I didn't even know it! SMH I was panicking because I didn't know what else to use and I didn't want to spend $5-$10 on other eyeliners that wouldn't work as well and finding something liquid was proving quite difficult. I looked all over for other options and saw this. I thought well, since its Wet N Wild, it might work. Hmph. Was I in for a shock!

It was completely sealed and when I opened it up, you can imagine my surprise when I saw that the marker was already dried the hell up. Literally. NOTHING came out and the tip of brush was already bent so even if it wasn't dried, it still would have been sh*t. I kept wondering how an employee re-sealed the tube back up. No way this was brand new!!!

Luckily, I saw the Jordana Cat Eye Liner at the register and bought it at the same time so I could test another new product out, and wow, glad I did. I would have been pissed if I got home and was out of eyeliner.

on 11/14/2015 4:06:00 PM

Not blackest black but crappiest crap is the name this thing was dry when I purchased it don't waste your money. Wnw has it down pat with their lipsticks but their eye make up sucks balls I guess ill give in and pay sephora prices and get one that actually draws not scrapes across my eyelids...

on 10/26/2015 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I had bought this and when I opened the packaging, the liner was dry and would only apply as a very light grey. Not only was I disappointed, but frustrated. The package clearly says "Blackest Black" yet the only color that actually appears is light grey. I will never buy this product again.

on 9/17/2015 2:34:00 PM

The first time I've ever bought a liner like this just to try something new (I'm very make up illiterate) and went to go use it and it seemed dried up and no liquid. I've tried gravity (tip down) and still nothing. Bad first impression. The price is perfect but not if it doesn't "work"...won't buy it again. I'll spend the money to get a decent liquid liner. Pretty bummed....

on 8/14/2015 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So first off, I only bought this because I ran out of my other eyeliner. So I go to Albertsons with my mom as she is looking at groceries I immediately go to the makeup aisle. I start looking at makeup and liquid eyeliners and all that jazz. So all of the liquid eyeliners I see are $7-$15. I finally find one that is $3.99 and think wow that's a pretty great deal! It wasn't. As soon as I got home I ripped open that package with high hopes and I got super excited- only to find that it is dried out and ruined. I tried many different ways to fix this and none worked. I feel like I should take it back but my mom threw the reciept and I threw the packaging. I will try calling the makeup company and see what they can do. I am very disappointed and upset.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just got this, i must have gotten a good one from a good batch coz the tip is saturated with "ink" & it's def not grey. I am just using this to draw my wings on, I don't think it would be suitable to use all around my eyes coz the shadows would absorb in the tip & make the tip dry. I do the same w all of my eyeliners that are pens they are for drawing wings on the outer corners only! I store them all tip down to keep gravity flowing the ink down & I've had 2 KvD pens last over 6+ mos. & still going strong but not so good of results w elf I get less than half a month out of elf IF I'm lucky so i will be updating this review when the pen does dry out & become unusable but I got this from a brand-new store so their eyeliners haven't been sitting in the display for months. Will keep u all updated!!!! X my fingers on this it was $3 something so kinda expensive for wnw!

Edit 01/23/16 this ended up drying up within about ~2 weeks after I got it. So disappointing. I am lowering my rating. Avoid these, if you want a good liquid pen try Starlooks Pro ($19) or KatVonD Tattoo liner in Trooper ($18) I've had 2 Starlooks pens (lost 1 thou ;/ ), they are evthing I wanted the wnw pens to be & I got another Kvd Tattoo liner this month, they last minimum 3 mos. when stored tip facing down & usually a lot longer. I've been into gel eyeliner lately thou so yah this is a big no no NO for me on this eyeliner pen. :(

This is the worst eyeliner i have ever purchased in my life. I am always experimenting with different types of felt-tip eyeliner pens and when I came across this one and decided to try it out. That was the worst makeup decision i have ever made. My eyes water every morning after applying makeup, but it never comes off. 30 minutes after putting on this eyeliner, it started coming off and literally burning the crease between my waterline and lid. It was so bad that all of it came off and took half of my eye shadow with it. And the worst part is that I was stuck in public looking like a clown the whole day. WORST EYELINER EVER DO NOT BUY YOU WILL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:((((((((

This is one product I must say I truly dislike. Typically Wet N Wild products are pretty good considering how inexpensive they are. But with this liner you truly get what you paid for. It's felt tip just like a marker hence the name Defining Marker. Where Wet N Wild fell short was in the product itself. This is by no means a black liner. It is very gray and dry. The marker skids a lot. I where eyeshadow so building the color is impossible. Besides who wants to go over their liner more than once anyway? Touch ups yes but not shading. That tends to make the skin irritated and tender not to mention to much rubbing in the eye area. NO THANK YOU!

on 9/6/2014 1:18:00 AM

This is a rubbish product. Pigmentation is terrible and hard to draw a smooth line. PLEASE DO NOT BUY IT. Terrible and hard to use at all

on 7/30/2014 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Wet n Wild
"Mega Eyes"
Defining Marker(869)

The tip looks like soft felt but it is hard and scratchy.
I tried using this a few times, thinking maybe the liquid needs to reach the tip, with no luck.
Wetting the tip and testing it on my hand, I was able to get some dark grey lines. Trying to apply it below my lower lash-line hurt my skin and ended up looking like a medium-grey blur.
At first I thought there was some secret technique I was not getting, but after reading the other reviews I came to the conclusion that this is an awful product. After a few frustrating attempts I ended up throwing it in the trash.