Wet 'n' Wild Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black

3.0

on 1/23/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have been in search of a good eyeliner for a while now....I HAVE FOUND IT!
I will say that I like this better than the Kat Von D tattoo liner.....I don't know why this is getting bad reviews....I LOVE IT!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just got this, i must have gotten a good one from a good batch coz the tip is saturated with "ink" & it's def not grey. I am just using this to draw my wings on, I don't think it would be suitable to use all around my eyes coz the shadows would absorb in the tip & make the tip dry. I do the same w all of my eyeliners that are pens they are for drawing wings on the outer corners only! I store them all tip down to keep gravity flowing the ink down & I've had 2 KvD pens last over 6+ mos. & still going strong but not so good of results w elf I get less than half a month out of elf IF I'm lucky so i will be updating this review when the pen does dry out & become unusable but I got this from a brand-new store so their eyeliners haven't been sitting in the display for months. Will keep u all updated!!!! X my fingers on this it was $3 something so kinda expensive for wnw!

Edit 01/23/16 this ended up drying up within about ~2 weeks after I got it. So disappointing. I am lowering my rating. Avoid these, if you want a good liquid pen try Starlooks Pro ($19) or KatVonD Tattoo liner in Trooper ($18) I've had 2 Starlooks pens (lost 1 thou ;/ ), they are evthing I wanted the wnw pens to be & I got another Kvd Tattoo liner this month, they last minimum 3 mos. when stored tip facing down & usually a lot longer. I've been into gel eyeliner lately thou so yah this is a big no no NO for me on this eyeliner pen. :(

on 6/19/2015 1:29:00 PM

USD $3.99. I seem to have gotten really lucky with this one as I have not had any problems with this eyeliner. But I haven't used this on top of eyeshadows as I don't wear much color on my eyes now. The color was intense black, and I loved that the felt tip was very pointed and firm. I've used Lancome Artliner for years, and my pet peeves with Artliner is that the tip is a little too fliexible and broad, so it's hard to get a thin line. With this pen, however, I could really control the thickness of the liner and get a nice cat's eye finish at the end. Even midway through a farily humid day, I didn't see any fading or raccoon eyes. Overall, awesome buy, IMO.

on 2/14/2013 8:55:00 PM

I'm not so happy with this one. The black is not really black, more like charcoal (I have to re-draw the line 3 or 4 times for it to become black) and it doesn't seem to last very long, in 3-4 hours it becomes a smudge (and my eyelids are not even oily). So... no.
I'll try Nyx or Jordana next time.

on 2/11/2013 8:07:00 PM

Where shall I start? This liner has zero staying power, even with eyelid primer on. My eyelids aren't even oily and within 2 hours, this was almost gone. And it's so hard to put on, as the felt tip feels like sandpaper and actually scratches my eyelids as I'm trying to put this on. And it's SO hard to make an even line with this, it was like trying to put eye liner while driving on a bumpy road. Total waste of money! And I bought this for $4.49, which is money in the garbage. I'm back to using my Jordana Fabuliner, which is $2.29 and the best liner I've ever used for the money.

on 11/3/2011 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I'm in the process of experimenting with different liquid eyeliners to see what I'm going to stick with. This was a FAIL. I like the idea of having it in pen/marker form but the actual product was just too lightly pigmented. I had to really work it in just to see a half-way decent line. I ended up tossing it after the first use. Not for me.

This was a fail for me. I was looking for something for tightlining my lash line that would require a bit less precision than the liquid I had been using. This worked great for that the first time - and I mean the very first - the tip was only able to deliver product to one eye. The sides still deliver product, and thus can do a thicker-lined cat-eye for you, but I prefer gels for that. This did stay in place well over Primer Potion and removed easily with soap, water, and a bit of Neutrogena eye makeup remover. I can't complain about the price, especially since I got it BOGO free.

Not a bad product, but not the best felt tip I've used either - Prestige beats this hands down.

I owe NYC Liquid Eyeliner an apology for looking elsewhere simply for ease of application; I doubt I will stray again unless forced to. :)

on 11/8/2010 11:37:00 PM

I loved this product I got so many compliments on it and I would buy it again. It was also very cheap, I bought it at Walmart. People say it drys out quickly, but I think you just have to make sure you have the cap on securely.

on 9/7/2010 9:22:00 PM

At first I was very disappointed and about to throw it in the garbage - it didn't apply well to my top lids.

Then I tried it under my bottom lashes, and it worked! It's a bit dry for a liquid liner, but that gave me great control and I was very happy with the effect.

A great eye tool for a great price - Wet n' Wild seems to have stepped up their game (maybe too many glittery products, but that's probably just me) : )