Wet 'n' Wild Mega Eyes Defining Marker - Blackest Black

Price: $

on 12/22/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product is pure and absolute TRASH!!

My HG eyeliner is the Wet N Wild Megaliner in Jet Black. I will leave the house with high end everything on my face except eyeliner, and have never felt the need to change. I've been using it for years.

So you can imagine my shock when I went into Wal Greens today and every single bottle of mega liner was sold out!! They were on sale for .79 and I didn't even know it! SMH I was panicking because I didn't know what else to use and I didn't want to spend $5-$10 on other eyeliners that wouldn't work as well and finding something liquid was proving quite difficult. I looked all over for other options and saw this. I thought well, since its Wet N Wild, it might work. Hmph. Was I in for a shock!

It was completely sealed and when I opened it up, you can imagine my surprise when I saw that the marker was already dried the hell up. Literally. NOTHING came out and the tip of brush was already bent so even if it wasn't dried, it still would have been sh*t. I kept wondering how an employee re-sealed the tube back up. No way this was brand new!!!

Luckily, I saw the Jordana Cat Eye Liner at the register and bought it at the same time so I could test another new product out, and wow, glad I did. I would have been pissed if I got home and was out of eyeliner.

on 4/27/2013 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Wish i had read reviews before purchasing this, the color as said below is NOT black. it can't even be built up to a black. if you want a cheap felt tip eyeliner try new york color (nyc) they have a nice one. flower beauty also has a decent one. stay away from this, it sucks.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is not the easiest marker to use and nor is it the blackest liner.I will stick with my NYC high def marker, which I've had for 6+ months and it never dried out ,the wnw has already started drying up.
Even Esssance's eyeliner pen is way better than this for half the cost.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

i have to say that I really did enjoy this liner pen as long as it lasted. Its a great alternative to those HE or other more expensive marker pens like say Tokidoki etc. I would have to say I love the Elf Waterproof Pens the most since theyre super duper affordable ($1) & seem to have more ink but i would def suggests this to those who maybe didnt like the Elf pens.
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
These can be found wherever your WNW products can be found like in most drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid as well as Walmart stores. (i dunno but my local Targets dont sell WNW) and the price is pretty great on this pen, it will cost you $2.99 which is cheap for a liner marker. The price may vary slightly depending on location as well as discounts/sales
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The WNW Defining marker only comes in one shade which is in Blackest Black which is a downfall (thats another reason i prefer Elf since they have more options) but the Blackest Black is super black when its fresh! i love how dark it is. Its a little shiny at first but dries matte. It dries dark black. Its not a charcoal- its a black. The marker is easy to work with. The tip is long but comes to a fine tip. The tip is a bit flexible so its easy to line the lashline w/. makes it easy to get right into the lashline. I love this marker. It stays on pretty well too! . I dont have oily lids though so im not sure how it would hold up but im sure priming your lids will helps significantly. i love using this everyday. if you are a liner addict like myself- this is great. Its a great alternative to liquid liner. This will give you the look of liquid liner but less harsh. I also find the marker to be easier than cream liner since theyre no dirtying up a brush. It makes lining & making winged liner looks so much easier. This will stay put on me for at least 7-8 hrs before i see any fading. It does set quickly so ive not seen any transferring onto lid area. Its very nice. I wish the formula would last longer but it did last for around 2 months before it starting drying up & not being black. which is great for how cheap it is. I def wish they made a few more colors but the black is a great staple to own & can def be used everyday.
=PACKAGING=
The marker comes in a black marker pen with silver writing/logo. Its simple & small & can slip into any makeup bag/purse for touch ups if needed. The lid snaps close. It keeps the tip from drying up. The tip is fine & actually really easy to use since its a tad flexible. no frayed loose fibers on this one. i def suggests to store this downright (the tip facing down) so that way the ink will constantly be running into tip keeping it from drying up. I will help in the long run from drying out & being a waste. if you shake this marker you can hear the "ink or liner" in it. Shaking it up a bit too will help the formula mix together. Its the basic marker liner. Great tip & these are super convenient. make sure the lid is on right as well as you store it downright.
Overall, if you are sick of using liquid liner & pencil lining isnt dark enough for you & want some easy & affordable, def try this out! its great!! i love it & will repurchase at some point but right now i have a few from elf opened so i will get it the next time wnw is on sale. Its just real easy to throw in my purse to line my eyes when i need to look a bit pulled togther!

on 11/12/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

such a disappointment :( there are a lot of W'n'W products that i looooove (the 648 Taupe eyeliner pencil is my HG for brows, their All Over Shimmer 832D highlighter was the best highlighter i've ever owned in my whole life, i have no idea WHY they would EVER discontinue it when it was such a cult favorite) and so i'm always game for trying new W'n'W products. i decided to try their version of the marker-style liquid eyeliner because i fell madly in love with Styli-Style's Nano Liner 24 in Carbon Black (not to be confused with their regular, longer version which sucks, the Nano Liner is smaller) and i can no longer find it at the grocery store closest to my house, so i looked to W'n'W for a replacement. Unfortunately, no dice. while the shape, length, and tip of the liner is good, the color is VERY weak and un-pigmented. at best it comes out a soft black/medium dark grey, and when i want to do a winged eyeliner look, i want super dark opaque black that stands out and makes a powerful statement. it should LOOK like opaque, shiny, black paint until it dries to an equally dark, matte finish, and instead this actually looks like the line a kindergartener's black marker (and not a fresh one) would make on a piece of paper. anyways, i guess if you're looking for a softer, milder version of a black liquid marker style liner than this might be good for you, but if you want the traditional, opaque, Marilyn Monroe look, this is not the one. i guess i'll keep on looking, or just order my Styli-Style Nano Liner 24 from somewhere online.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is not super pigmented and I did notice it dried out (not completely, but it was noticeable) pretty quickly. That said, I actually like the fact that it doesn't make a crazy dark or thick line. I use a different liquid liner when I want that blackest black dramatic line, but this product works great for me when I want a more natural look. I use it to tightline my upper lash line and it adds some subtle definition and depth to my monolidded eyes. So even though this isn't a world class top quality product, it works great for me and is a great buy for the price.

on 9/18/2009 6:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

PROS:
-great for a beginner to practice because the application is super easy!
-good color
-super cheap
CONS:
-the pen dries out too quickly, so the sides of the tip will have alot of product but then the actual tip won't after a few applications

on 8/28/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was initially attracted to this product because of the price. For 1.99 even if it sucked, it wouldn't be too much of a loss. I was pleasantly surprised by the ease of application of this liner. It seems like it would be very hard to mess this up. My only real gripe about this product is that it fades thru out the day. I solved this by putting a little bit of black matte e/s on top of it and that helps alot . It also helps to make the line a little less harsh. I haven't used this liner enough to say how fast it dries out but so far I am a fan of this liner. I would def suggest anyone afraid of working with liquid liner try this out. its almost dummy -proof!