Sephora Professionnel Platinum Angled Eyeliner Brush #23

Filtered by age: 30-35
Sephora  Professionnel Platinum Angled Eyeliner Brush #23

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm in love with bent handle eyeliner brushes, and this is a great quality brush. I started out with a few of the Sonia Kashuk brushes, and while they're decent and a good price, the bristles do start to splay after repeated washings(I think mine really started to be a problem after about 2-3 months of use). I also wanted to see if I could get a thinner line with a smaller brush head.

The Sephora brush is still reasonably priced - more expensive than what you'll find at the drugstore, but less than super high-end brands. I've owned this brush for over a year now, and all of the bristles are still intact and in place. I've only used it with gel liners, and it picks up and holds product well. With patience and a steady hand, I can get a nice thin line (I suck at eyeliner in general, so I imagine someone with better eyeliner skills would have no problems.)

Bent handle brushes are great for getting a nice wing, good for newbies trying to perfect their technique (the bend in the handle lets you see what you're doing without your hand getting in the way), and if you've got long eyelashes (again, the bend lets you hold your hand up higher, and you can get behind your lash line without the brush getting tangled in your lashes and getting liner everywhere - this was a huge problem for me). The Sephora brush is a nice upgrade from the cheaper versions, and is definitely a worthwhile purchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I've stopped doing my angled up cat eye in favor of just a crisp line that extends out maybe a millimeter or two past my lashline. I use my Revlon Colorstay black-brown liquid felt tip to create the base line since that one is easy-peasy to use (same with the Almay liquid in black) and then go over the line either with my MAC B&G or Blacktrack. I layer b/c I am indecisive and like a brown for a base and if I want I can take it up to a black. For work, nothing beats my Almay in the a.m. for ease and speed of application, plus to take with me w/o worrying about brushes, but I will go over the line to ensure it stays on during my +12 hr rounds. This brush is the closest I've come to resembling the beloved felt tips of aforementioned liquid e/l. Lovely, soft texture, no splaying, crisp line that is easier to make that all the other brushes I've used. I do this at 5 am so anything that helps is wonderful. Very thin precise line and the brush doesn't shift, move or create bald patches.

on 10/4/2010 4:29:00 PM

Love it. I can finally wear gel eyeliner.

on 1/11/2010 12:25:00 AM

just picked this up today and it's amazing!! i use it with my wet n wild creme eyeliner which i adore but because it's so pigmented and soft(?) it takes pretty precise application and a super steady hand in order to avoid wayward black lines, but this brush makes it a breeze to apply. i can even tightline and do my waterline in half the amount of time. awesome brush! do wish it was cheaper though, saw a similar product on coastal scents for only $2-$3 but i didn't want to wait and spent too much money, but i'm pretty satisfied.

on 1/11/2010 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

One of the easiest and all around best eyeliner brushes I have ever used to get a natural looking line with minimal effort. Bought this to use with Stila Smudgepots. Much quicker and more precise than my flatliner brush and I am able to get a much thinner and more natural line for daytime than with a regular angled brush. I don't know how long these have been around but I wish I had one a long time ago.

Popular Makeup Brushes