CLEAN Simply Soap Eau de Parfum (Uploaded by jwyl)

1.9

24%
would repurchase
3.3/5
package quality

price range

Reviews

Jan/17/2015

I love the smell of this & got a lot of compliments when is used it. I bought it from Sephora. After I ran out I bought a bottle from Amazon & it smelt awful. Like a stale soap or something. Maybe the bottle was old but it didn't smell good like the bottle from sephora. Note to self: never buy perfume from Amazon again.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

Jul/28/2011

I got this as a free sample from Sephora. It does NOT smell like soap. It smells like a wet dog mixed with sunscreen. I couldn't wash it off fast enough.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

May/31/2011

Got a tiny bottle as a sample at sephora and I immediately fell in love. I like how it smells on me, smells like I just got out of shower. I learn that if you put too much, it's overpowering and smells like cheap soap though, so put it sparingly.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

May/16/2011

Can I give less than 1 star? Got this at Marshall's for $12.99. Thought it was an awesome deal since I love almost all the scents from "Clean". However, this is by far the foulest smelling, nastiest odor called a "perfume" that I have EVER had the misfortune of smelling. Not sure about the "plastic" scent. I smell toilet cleaner. this is so nasty and so hard to …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (162 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

May/10/2011

The reviewer that said this is like liquid plastic was spot on. I can't believe that a company can advertise this as a "clean," smell...unless you're a newly-packaged plastic toy! Horrible! I have not had much luck with the CLEAN fragrances. I don't mind Ultimate, Warm Cotton or Provence but the rest are just awful and synthetic-smelling. Really surprised there's …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (206 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

Apr/27/2011

I am shocked that this has such low marks! I got a sample vial of this yesterday at Sephora, after wanting to try some of these CLEAN fragrances for some time...and I am loving this! I was leary that the scent of these wouldn't last long, but this is staying on me very well. I just feel like I smell very clean and soapy :) The price of this is high in my opinion. $69 for a bottle that …Read more

About reviewer (699 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

Apr/05/2011

What they said. This is unbelievably bad - I bought it from Marshall's in the sealed box (yay, SCORE!!) but when I got it home, I had been punked.....It's like liquid plastic (cheap shower curtain plastic) in a bottle. Back to the store it went!

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesBlue

fromNita05

Mar/12/2011

I just bought this today, this does have a pond smell. It smells like my fish aquarium when I clean it out. I plan on returning this very soon.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlack

2.0

Mar/09/2011

This perfume is pretty unique. On the plus side: it reminds me of my freshman year in college. On the minus side: the reason it reminds me of my freshman year of college is because it smells like the showers in the women's dorm. It's this weird mix of shampoo, hair gel, wet plastic shower curtains, and mildew. Lots of mildew.

3 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Other

EyesGreen

Feb/01/2011

I really think that the Clean company has a big problem with the quality of their ingredients because it seems the perfumes I buy from them are always rancid/off. This or the concept of clean they have is a synthetic acidic intoxicating fumes that will suit more Killer Croc. To the swap it goes.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair