Lancome Genifique

Lancome Genifique
Genifique

3.1

WATER, BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., DIMETHICONE, HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ADENOSINE, FAEX EXTRACT/YEAST EXTRACT/EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE/AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, LIMONENE, XANTHAN GUM, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, FRAGRANCE

on 7/17/2017 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate is what I tried - got a sample at sephora. Too expensive - but seems to work well.

Still - I won;t be buying the whole bottle. Smells a bit artificial (for all that money you'd think they could leave out the synthetic fragrance.)

on 7/17/2017 10:02:00 AM

I love this serum, l also was hesitant because of price but I saw a different within a week, my foundation looked better but better yet my skin did as well. I took the leap and now I only wear Lancôme products. It is expensive, but like any other skin routine you can build on it.

I was nervous about buying this product due to the price. Of course they tried to get me to buy their whole line of skin care, and I told them I could only afford one item. I asked them to recommend one product since it's all I could afford. So, I tried this serum.

It has been 6 weeks and I really like it. I use it morning and night, then apply my daily/nightly moisturizer over it. I have dry skin, but my fav foundation is matte and it dries me out. Using this serum before my moisturizer and foundation makes a big difference.

I haven't notice my lines looking any better, but my skin tone is much more even. I even go in public sometimes without foundation. Also..I wasn't expecting this..I have a brown sunspot on my face that makes me crazy. Years ago, I spent $500 on this photo facial thing at the dermatologist's office to have it taken care of. They said I would only need one or two treatments. After 3 treatments, it never went away. At all. Well, after 6 weeks of using this serum, that brown spot has noticeably faded. I'm excited to see the results in another month or two. I wouldn't be surprised if it fades away completely.

on 4/24/2017 12:24:00 AM

This serum has changed my skin so much. I have been using this for about 5 months now and just finished my 35ml bottle. I was nervous to spend that much on a serum and was unsure if the hype was real. I was previously using the Estée Lauder ANR which don't get me wrong is an amazing serum but for my skin being oily and for me being in my early 20's it was a bit too rich for me.

This serum is so light weight, it absorbs into your skin right away. It doesn't feel sticky, it feels very light weight, almost like a watery gel consistency. Their isn't really a smell which I think a lot of people would appreciate. It comes in a glass dropper bottle which does help preserve the product but maybe not as well as a sealed pump. Still I find if you use one drop and close it up right after the product stays just fine inside.

when I incorporated this serum into my routine within a few nights I felt my skin looked smoother and just over all brighter. I had a glow that I haven't had before. I'm very fair with golden undertones and slight pigmentation issues on my cheeks and mouth area. Within a month I noticed a substantial reduction in my redness as well as the lighter areas of my face looking like I was literally glowing. I don't think this serum did much to improve the texture of my skin, that wasn't a main concern of mine and I actually found using an AHA exfoliant to do the job with that anyways.

I am so pleased with this product, it has changed my skin so much. I used to feel slightly self conscious going out without any makeup on just because of my awkward redness on my skin, now I can go out during the day and my skin looks so much more even.

The price is high that's for sure but I found if you use it once a day (morning if you want an instant glow, night if you want to fit it into your bedtime routine to repair) you can make a 35ml bottle (about $100) last almost half a year. I'm currently starting my next bottle which is a 50ml and I'm playing around with starting to use it day and night. During the day I find my makeup glides on so much nicer, I use an spf 50 everyday on top. This serum can be used at any age and it can comfortly fit into any routine (always goes on first and other serums can go over top). I will definitely be using this for a long time. :)

on 3/22/2017 7:29:00 PM

As a serum, this stuff sucks... BUT its a great primer! While this did absolutely nothing to improve the texture or clarity of my skin, I feel like this stuff definitley improves the longevity of my foundation! Once I run out I will not be repurchasing. There are plenty of cheaper alternative out there that will do the same thing for me, but for much less.

on 3/1/2017 2:58:00 AM

I wanted to improve the texture of my skin so I asked someone at the store what was the best product to help with this matter. They took me over to Lancome and recommended Lancome Advanced Genifique. They spoke so highly of it and they had a gift set if you spent over $60.

I didn't want to purchase this product due to how ridiculously expensive it was. However, I figured if it could improve the texture of my skin it would be worth it. I've had this product for a long time and have used it religiously twice a day and there has been no improvement whatsoever to my skin.

Would I purchase this product again. Never. Seen reviews for this esle where saying it's the Holy Grail, don't buy into that. Next time I purchase anything I will look at the active ingredients.

on 12/31/2016 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Overpriced face gel stuff

on 10/23/2016 11:38:00 PM

I was lured into buying this product because the sa told me how my skin will change just in 8 days after incorporating this product into my skin care routine. Well here I am, 45 days later. I have not seen any major difference in my skin nor it helps fighting first sign of aging. The product claimed to penetrate deep into your skin and work on a DNA level to change the appearance of your skin. The product also claimed in just 8 days that you will see the difference. Thankfully I bought the 30ml bottle instead of the 50ml. But for me it still a waste of money considering the price tag that comes with it.

I religiously used this product day and night after cleanser and toner before serum. This product can be a stand alone serum or it can be used as a pre-serum (or a booster). It is on a liquid form and the packaging is a glass bottle with a dropper. It is a bit difficult to know the recommended amount of product that you have to apply. But I always apply 2 drops. I will warm up the product on the palms of my hands before gently pressing it into my skin. After 45 days, I don't see the difference. I feel my skin to be silky smooth in the morning but then it can also because of the moisturizer or the la mer renewal oil.

Disappointed with the product especially considering this is their most advertised product.

on 10/5/2016 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a somewhat average serum. After a while, I did notice it gave me a subtle glow, but nothing that was that impressive. It feels nice. I just did not see a huge difference after using a 30 mL bottle. It feels good and everything, but I'm not sure I would repurchase.

on 10/5/2016 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

As a lot of other reviewers here, I didn't notice much difference on my skin while using this. I used this as a day- and night- moisturizer for a couple of weeks, I got a sample somewhere. I was surprised by the consistency, which is lotion-like, but didn't make your skin drier.

But apart from the fact that Lancome isn't cruelty free, it is expensive, too, so I'm not interested in purchasing the full size.

Pro:
- subtle fragrance
- gets absorbed fast
- no greasy feeling
- new techniques

Con:
- no effect
- not cruelty free
- can be a little dry on some skins I suppose