Lancome Genifique

Lancome Genifique
Genifique

3.0

WATER, BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., DIMETHICONE, HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ADENOSINE, FAEX EXTRACT/YEAST EXTRACT/EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE/AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, LIMONENE, XANTHAN GUM, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, FRAGRANCE

on 3/22/2017 7:29:00 PM

As a serum, this stuff sucks... BUT its a great primer! While this did absolutely nothing to improve the texture or clarity of my skin, I feel like this stuff definitley improves the longevity of my foundation! Once I run out I will not be repurchasing. There are plenty of cheaper alternative out there that will do the same thing for me, but for much less.

on 3/1/2017 2:58:00 AM

I wanted to improve the texture of my skin so I asked someone at the store what was the best product to help with this matter. They took me over to Lancome and recommended Lancome Advanced Genifique. They spoke so highly of it and they had a gift set if you spent over $60.

I didn't want to purchase this product due to how ridiculously expensive it was. However, I figured if it could improve the texture of my skin it would be worth it. I've had this product for a long time and have used it religiously twice a day and there has been no improvement whatsoever to my skin.

Would I purchase this product again. Never. Seen reviews for this esle where saying it's the Holy Grail, don't buy into that. Next time I purchase anything I will look at the active ingredients.

on 12/31/2016 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Overpriced face gel stuff

on 10/23/2016 11:38:00 PM

I was lured into buying this product because the sa told me how my skin will change just in 8 days after incorporating this product into my skin care routine. Well here I am, 45 days later. I have not seen any major difference in my skin nor it helps fighting first sign of aging. The product claimed to penetrate deep into your skin and work on a DNA level to change the appearance of your skin. The product also claimed in just 8 days that you will see the difference. Thankfully I bought the 30ml bottle instead of the 50ml. But for me it still a waste of money considering the price tag that comes with it.

I religiously used this product day and night after cleanser and toner before serum. This product can be a stand alone serum or it can be used as a pre-serum (or a booster). It is on a liquid form and the packaging is a glass bottle with a dropper. It is a bit difficult to know the recommended amount of product that you have to apply. But I always apply 2 drops. I will warm up the product on the palms of my hands before gently pressing it into my skin. After 45 days, I don't see the difference. I feel my skin to be silky smooth in the morning but then it can also because of the moisturizer or the la mer renewal oil.

Disappointed with the product especially considering this is their most advertised product.

on 10/5/2016 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a somewhat average serum. After a while, I did notice it gave me a subtle glow, but nothing that was that impressive. It feels nice. I just did not see a huge difference after using a 30 mL bottle. It feels good and everything, but I'm not sure I would repurchase.

on 10/5/2016 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

As a lot of other reviewers here, I didn't notice much difference on my skin while using this. I used this as a day- and night- moisturizer for a couple of weeks, I got a sample somewhere. I was surprised by the consistency, which is lotion-like, but didn't make your skin drier.

But apart from the fact that Lancome isn't cruelty free, it is expensive, too, so I'm not interested in purchasing the full size.

Pro:
- subtle fragrance
- gets absorbed fast
- no greasy feeling
- new techniques

Con:
- no effect
- not cruelty free
- can be a little dry on some skins I suppose

So I was given this to try and it made my face super oily and broke me out:( I never break out anymore, so I was not happy. I decided to use it on my arms instead. They are the most sun damaged part of my body. It works quite well there! So I think it does something if it works for your skin type, but you should be very careful if you are at all prone to break outs!

on 7/15/2016 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combo skin, acne prone. I have gone through 4 of these now, but I won't re purchase anymore. When I tried this line, I did the entire line of Genifique to give it the benefit of the doubt.

It's a decent product. It absorbs well, and is light in texture. My skin feels smooth. I haven't broken out from it, and it doesn't irritate my skin.

I haven't noticed any particular improvement from using the product though.

I have since switched to Instanatural Age Defying Serum ($23 a bottle; 20% vit c, retinoic acid and salicylic acid) and I find that this has given my skin a glow.

It's a shame. I still have 3 bottles of this stuff at home I will give away. It's not a bad product. But it doesn't do much either other than make my skin soft.

on 6/23/2016 4:17:00 AM

I didn't notice any difference in my skin after using this product. It's very expensive for what you get. It made my skin smooth upon first application but for a long term effect I did not see any significant results. Unfortunately, I will have to pass on this product.

on 6/14/2016 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had a sample size of this product to try for couple weeks, I used it as part of my night time routine. Overall I've seen no difference in the appearance of my skin, it didn't break me out, but didn't do anything else either.