Lancome Genifique

Lancome Genifique

3.1

WATER, BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., DIMETHICONE, HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ADENOSINE, FAEX EXTRACT/YEAST EXTRACT/EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE/AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, LIMONENE, XANTHAN GUM, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, FRAGRANCE

on 7/15/2016 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combo skin, acne prone. I have gone through 4 of these now, but I won't re purchase anymore. When I tried this line, I did the entire line of Genifique to give it the benefit of the doubt.

It's a decent product. It absorbs well, and is light in texture. My skin feels smooth. I haven't broken out from it, and it doesn't irritate my skin.

I haven't noticed any particular improvement from using the product though.

I have since switched to Instanatural Age Defying Serum ($23 a bottle; 20% vit c, retinoic acid and salicylic acid) and I find that this has given my skin a glow.

It's a shame. I still have 3 bottles of this stuff at home I will give away. It's not a bad product. But it doesn't do much either other than make my skin soft.

on 6/23/2016 4:17:00 AM

I didn't notice any difference in my skin after using this product. It's very expensive for what you get. It made my skin smooth upon first application but for a long term effect I did not see any significant results. Unfortunately, I will have to pass on this product.

To Read all 310 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/14/2016 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had a sample size of this product to try for couple weeks, I used it as part of my night time routine. Overall I've seen no difference in the appearance of my skin, it didn't break me out, but didn't do anything else either.

I've been using this serum for a few months now and seen an improvement in the smoothness of my skin. I suggest using only once a day. I mix a drop with my foundation for day time use or apply a small amount at night for a fresh face in the morning. I have noticed a softness and glow to my skin so far.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I never write reviews but I have pretty "strong skin" in the sense that normally things don't break me out. Top of my head only Benefit Porefessional and Smashbox Primers have broken me out. But this stuff (got a sample from Sephora) did in 2 nights. Be careful and maybe ask for a sample before paying full price! Not sure what ingredient did I will be tossing the rest.

on 4/17/2016 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I received a nice size bottle as a free sample. I absolutely love it. You don't need np much...just a couple of drops and I only used it once a day...not twice. The bottle is now empty and my skin is radiant and the biggest thing I've noticed is that my forehead wrinkles are gone. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I'm not sure that I'll be able to afford to buy a bottle.

on 3/25/2016 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Horrible product for me, I used it twice and the first time I noticed it made my skin break out. This second time it ruined my face with eruptions and I would never repurchase it again

on 3/22/2016 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This makes no difference on my oily/combo/break out prone skin. I've been using it on 1 side of my face 2x/day for over 2 weeks, and the only obvious difference is that it makes my skin a bit icky/sticky. I've tried it several times before also - same thing. I have several samples - they're plastic - great for travel, and the little dropper is a perfect dispenser. My skin loves several different Lancome night creams, and I love many Lancome products, but not this one!

EDIT 4/10: This still has made zero difference in my skin.

on 3/14/2016 12:28:00 PM

It's insane that I haven't written a review for this yet - considering I've made it through like 3x the 100ml bottle (3.4oz I think?) AND I have like 3 more bottles of that size backed up!

I've tried many serums in the past including Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair and SK-II's Stem Power/RNA Power serums - but after trying Lancôme's Genefique, I gave all those up immediately without even a half second thought. That's just how miraculous Genefique is to me.

Prior to using Genefique, I had really oily skin with random breakouts and irritation that I can never figure out from what. Even with ANR and Stem Power serum, I never really saw that amazing of a difference - and those were pretty expensive too. Plus I find ANR to be not very moisturizing (it never leave my skin feeling supple, just sinks in super fast and then disappears?) and Stem Power felt very silicony (I'm not sure if silicon is actually a part of the ingredients I purchased this in Japan and the ingred list was all in JPN, but it leaves a smooth layer on my face that feels awfully like silicon/face primer). Results from using either of those two is that I wake up with skin that I felt no different to if I didn't use them - my skin has always been pretty decent but just random small breakouts and once in a while I'd get a cystic acne due to allergic reactions from whatever (sometimes depending on what I ate). In other words, I was spending $$$ and saw zero results.

I can't remember how I started Genefique, perhaps it was a deluxe sample, but I just remember that Genefique gave much better and more obvious results than any other serums I've tried in the past. I use this along with Skinceutical's Hydrating B5 Gel, and I noticed a dramatic difference in the texture of my skin in the morning. Additionally, my skin felt more glowy, plump, and just overall more healthy. I was also experiencing reduced breakouts, and less of unevenness or redness to my skin. Even when I got cystic acne (due to food allergies I have) or the few times I did break out, they were not as obvious, not as painful, and went away much faster (I do use products like Renee Rouleaux's Anti Cyst Treatment on the blemish as well). Note that I've used Hydrating B5 Gel with SK-II and ANR at the same time as well, and did not feel the same level of niceness to my skin vs when I pair the B5 gel with Genefique (ditto for the Anti Cyst Treatment), so I'm pretty sure that the difference I see is related to Genefique and not something else.

On me, this is a light gel-like substance (although very light and more liquidy than real gel gel) that applies very smoothly and sinks in quickly. However it does not leave my skin feeling dry after it sinks in but it doesn't leave it feeling sticky or oily either. I apply this immediately after toner, and follow up with the Skinceutical B5 Gel, and then an Emulsion (light moisturizer) to seal it all. Living in CA, I don't really need heavy duty cream moisturizer so I stop at the light moisturizer/emulsion. With this combo, my skin feels clean, light and supple, not overly oily but not dry, and I wake up with even skin in the morning.

I typically purchase the largest size possible (100ml/3.4oz), and it comes in this large glass jar that is half opaque to protect the integrity of the content from sun/light exposure. The bottom half, however, is less opaque which allows you to see just how much is left in the bottle once you get to the bottom (so store this out of direct light!). It has a pretty nifty dropper applicator - when you twist to close the bottom, it automatically "squeezes" the dropper, when you open the bottom and pull the dropper out, it has the max possible amount in the dropper without you having to do it yourself. It's also an excellent way to determine how much product is left in the bottle, as once you use it to a lower level, the amount in the dropper will also drop. I also find that the dropper works really well when it gets low - since it does the squeezing when you twist it in so it'll naturally squeeze at the lowest point in the bottle. Any small amount remaining, I usually just upend the bottle and shake it out.

I have been purchasing my backups from SFO duty free on my way out of the country - it is tax free and also additionally discounted so it works out to be $140/3.4oz bottle. However even if I wasn't buying these at a discount, I would still be purchasing this as Lancôme often have excellent gift with purchases and sales, which greatly mitigates how much I feel I'm paying for. Additionally you can also wait for the Friends and Family sale from Sephora and Lancôme website to get 20% off.

For price comparison, Lancôme prices it at $78/oz, EL prices ANR at $62/oz, and SK-II doesn't sell their RNA Power Serum in 1oz but the calculation off the 1.7oz gives $115/oz! HOWEVER if you purchase the largest 3.4oz Lancôme Genefique bottle, it actually works out to be $51.47/oz while Estee Lauder works out to be $54.12/oz (calculated from the 1.7oz bottle, I don't think they offer any larger except for special occasion?) - which actually makes Genefique cheaper than any of these options (especially with EL's ANR a direct competitor). So in terms of price, Genefique is actually incredibly competitive if not more so.

I highly recommend Lancôme's Genefique for anyone who's out shopping for a serum, and even people who already have one they kinda like, I recommend giving this a try just to see if it's for you. Skin is different person to person, but I think this have a high chance of performing well for a lot of people. If nothing else, purchase from Nordstrom or Sephora for easy return/refund if it doesn't work out. If it does, that's great because Lancôme always have such excellent gwp's that you can purchase this with!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm so mad at myself. I accidentally broke a full sized bottle of this. It just slipped right off my counter and broke, and there I stood trying not to cry, looking at all this expensive serum splattered across my floor and the lower part of my wall.

But perhaps it was a blessing in disguise, because what little bit I had used of it left me with dry skin. Well, at least drier skin than usual. I couldn't figure out why my skin was misbehaving, but duh, this has alcohol in it. That's a huge no-no for people with dry skin; we must avoid alcohol denat. like the plague.

My next foray into serums (after I recover from this trauma), will be plain ol' Vitamin C serum. Let's see how that goes.