Lancôme Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Serum

Lancôme Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Serum
Advanced Genifique Youth Activating SerumAdvanced Genifique Youth Activating SerumAdvanced Genifique Youth Activating Serum

3.1

WATER, BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., DIMETHICONE, HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ADENOSINE, FAEX EXTRACT/YEAST EXTRACT/EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE/AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, LIMONENE, XANTHAN GUM, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, FRAGRANCE

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A nicely textured runny gel that absorbs quickly and works well under all my moisturisers, makeup and sunscreen. Has a faint musty, yeasty, "unfresh" perfumey scent that really annoyed me. Does not break me out. Does not irritate my very sensitive skin. But perhaps not for the neck. I had planned to apply to my face, backs of hands and neck but my neck did NOT take this well. It ended up looking super loose, wrinkled up crepey, dry feeling and 20 years older every time I tried to use it in the neck area for more than a day at a time. After that I switched to using it on my face and backs of hands only.

I used this for consistently for 10 weeks, applying morning and night, and got ZERO results. NO fading of age spots, no fading of redness, no fine wrinkle reduction. NO "tonicity", resilience or firmness they claim. In fact it did the OPPOSITE, I got loose crepey skin on both my neck and also my hands which I have not experienced before or since). The only positive is it made my skin slightly more moisturised (but smell musty).

I used 4 samples of 0.25 oz, or 7 ml which is the same as buying a regular 1 oz (30 ml). All were recent fresh batch codes and well within expiry. The samples come in plastic bottles but the retail ones come in glass.

After this failed Lancome serum I tried:
1. Instanatural Age Defying Serum ($23 a bottle; 20% vit c, retinoic acid and salicylic acid) and it burnt my sensitive skin, so I discontinued.
2. Caudalie Vinoperfect Concentrated Brightening Essence, Overnight Cream and Serum - smelt lovely but no results.
3. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum, Clean Truth Cleanser, C Rush Brightening Gel Creme Moisturiser for day and Sheer Transformation Perfecting Moisturiser - no results.
4. Luxe Beauty Luxe Serum Skin Lightener & Brightener. YES amazing results! I trialled this serum with just a basic moisturiser, which made it cheaper than the regimes of the other brands I tried. Also I trialled it in summer, the toughest time of the year to get results on very fair skin as the sun damages shows up very quickly with each summer my skin ends up looking worse. After one month noticeable fading of age spots and brighter skin on the back of both hands and face. After 10 weeks, results are increased. My skin is less red, more even toned, and lots of age spots completely gone or 50% faded. All the small age spots on my left hand have gone, only two medium age spots remain but faded. All the age spots gone on right hand small and medium, except for the scaly raised ones which have faded 50%. On my face redness has gone, clarity improved. The age spots above my lip gone, the LARGE dark age spot under my eye 90% gone. Just 2 stubborn large age spots on my jaw remain with only 30 % fading but I have hope! No obvious effect on wrinkles. Mid 40's with normal skin that is prone to cosmetically-caused acne (sensitivity reactions to badly formulated products).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Had this in a sample and it was amazing. At first it sat on my shelf for ages whilst I used up the other products in the kit (not sure how I feel about HydraZen).
Because I have no idea what’s actually in these haute labels (Lancôme, Chanel, Dior etc), I can never fully trust if things work or not. I had this for ages and didn’t use it for the above reasons. But when I did, wow. It really made a difference. I knew I needed a proper adult serum after this and regrettably went to Aesop (don’t recommend the Parsley Seed, maybe others are still good though). instead of buying more of this Genifique. I wish they would describe more of the active ingredients otherwise I can’t trust these brands hence why I went to Aesop and not Lancôme.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I will not be purchasing any further of Lancome product. I'm really very upset and dissatisfied.
As a platinum member, I have come a long way patronizing Lancome
And my skin is growing from worse to worst.

Especially after I had used the vissionaire crescendo.

The genifique serum I have used over 4 bottles yet I have more than enough
Fine line on my fore head.

My skin is so terrible and I am very very disappointed.

I have called the consumer care, I have gone to the stores,

Yet To no avail.

I'm just not happy. I don't mind attaching a photo, it cost me more than a 600 usd
For a set of regimen (cleanser/toner/serum/scrub/day:night moisturizer/sunscreen/eye/mask)
Yet my face is so horrible and itchy, burning discomfort.

I'm really unhappy and frustrated.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

Oh, I really wanted to love this product. I have oily skin, some patches of dryness at times, and some pink areas due to acne scarring. Due to the reviews, I thought this would be a miracle for me.

I loved the way it felt on my face --- cool and it made my skin so soft/smooth.
I found it easy to apply, with a great self-loading dropper from a classy glass bottle that helps keep it a great temperature.

I don't have especially sensitive skin, and I am able to use abrasive cleansers with no problem. I was attempting to do a true test by cleansing with a gentle soap to see how Advanced Genefique would perform. My face was a little pink at first -- and a little sensitivity -- with getting used to it, but I applied it 2x a day after cleansing. I only applied minimal makeup in the morning over the serum - just enough to even my skintone. The pinkness due to the sensitivity went away, but after 4 days, I was getting big pink zits around my face and on my forehead and whiteheads on the corners of my nose! I'm now on day 6. I'm not finding any difference with my pores shrinking, but I do have these bumps that feel like they're just under the surface of my skin that are worse than before I started the treatment. I will continue for another week, hoping that I'll see some improvements in my skin.

on 9/23/2018 5:51:00 PM

I got a little sample a long time ago and never bothered to try it. One day, when the label on the bottle no longer showed, I dabbed a bit on the biggest wrinkle on my forehead. I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES!!!
The “deep valley” filled up like magic! I took it to work and tried it on a friend whose forehead was worse than mine; again, MAGIC! After that I started to go counter to counter at the mall until I found the “potion”!
Lol, if I could buy buckets, and fill my bathtub with it, I could sell tickets to the Fountain of Youth!
This is not an exaggeration, the formula is a miracle!!!
A friend asked what was in it...frankly, I don’t care to know. Simply said, IT WORKS!

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I have to admit to not being a current serum user. In fact, for someone of my generation, a serum is a whole New Thing and I had to google how to use it properly. Turns out I have been missing an entire step in my routine: Cleanse, SERUM!, Moisturise. Whoops. Happy to give it a try, I had 3 successive days of use, evenings only. It wouldn't be fair to try and judge effectiveness over such a short period so I can only comment on the pleasantness (or otherwise) of the product itself. I see it has had rave reviews so perhaps I am alone in finding it rather runny. I also experienced some stickiness which meant when I did try it one morning I had to wait some time for it to sink in before I could tackle application of any makeup. I gather it is usual to apply moisturiser as well, after the serum, and I certainly needed to do this to feel comfortable. The first night I used only the serum and awoke somewhat desiccated, but I am a dry and mature old stick. For me, the pleasures of using a luxury brand wouldn't have me rushing to make a purchase as I didn't feel I was on the cusp of experiencing a dramatic result. I also choose to buy only cruelty-free products so unfortunately that does rule out Lancome, who currently don't have the bunny logo.

on 8/20/2018 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got this product out of a sample lot when I purchase Lancôme La Vie Est Belle perfume. I was skeptical at first because I had such bad experience with Lancome Visionnaire, but I'm on my way to my 50's and I was thinking I need rejuvenating products for my skin. Let me tell you...I love it!! It's a little pricey, but it leaves my skin luminous in the morning. I have been using it for over three weeks now. the little sample lasted close to almost three weeks, so a little goes a long way. My skin plumped up, and usually, I would break out whenever I try new products. But Genifique actually remove all the small bumps on my upper lip and the marks left by old whiteheads are slowly healing. Try it!!!

I have been using this serum for 3 weeks now, and I'm not blown away with the result. It doesn't break me out, it absorbs quickly. I only use this at night, after cleansing my skin. A good product, for sure, but there is too mucj hype around it.

on 10/24/2017 9:51:00 PM

When I apply this my skin texture feels good, so to me it's more like a makeup primer. Once I wash it off, I'm left with my usual skin. It did not improve the texture, lines, nor spots, even after weeks of use.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this serum and have repurchased. It eradicated the chronic texture on my cheeks. Additionally, it improved the radiance of my skin and slightly smoothed my forehead wrinkles. The packaging is fantastic-the glass bottle is quite substantial and elegant and it dispenses the exact amount of product that you need. I wish I could give it 4.5 stars. It doesn't deserve full 5 stars because it hasn't minimized the pigmentation of my two sun spots. When I run out, I plan to try another serum that can better tackle this, but I'm not sure I can be without this! Tip-if you see this as a 100 point perk, nab it! Even if you don't like the serum, the mini bottle is refillable and ideal for travel.