Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturiser

Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturiser
Replenishing Rich MoisturiserReplenishing Rich Moisturiser

3.1

Aqua, Glycerin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Stearyl Alcohol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Methylparaben, 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, Bisabolol, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Serine, Sorbitol, Urea, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, BHT, Allantoin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In the interest of full disclosure, I just washed my face with this line's cleansing oil (and foaming face wash afterward) in order to freshly review how I use Simple's Cleansing Oil as part of an effective double cleanse (review on the oil's page) and I mentioned there that I might need a dab of moisturizer afterward because me.

So this is me coming over to this page (hello, moisturizer!) to let everyone know that this product is just fine, too: It doesn't really smell like anything. A dollop the size of a heavy pea was enough to cover my entire face and neck. It spreads easily, absorbs well, and doesn't feel heavy or greasy. I'm not itchy or red, so it's all good.

See? This is a perfectly fine choice for anyone looking to save a little money. When I'm out of Sensibio, this is what I use because we have it in the bathroom. My hyper-dramatic, overly-reactive combination skin doesn't mind this lotion in a pinch and it gets a four paw rating from this kitten.

(PS: I had extra leftover from my face so I spread it on my arms. Well, the elephant I stole my elbows from isn't going to get them back now because they feel really, really soft!)

on 8/2/2018 7:03:00 PM

This is a good, honest moisturiser. It does not make my very sensitive skin break out, and does not make my skin oily. It absorbs within minutes to leave a nice matte finish, and feels comfortable. My one bugbear is that it is not a rich moisturiser, but only a light one, so could not be used like a heavy night cream.

on 4/30/2018 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Rich Moisturizer is sort of a misnomer for this product. Lightweight would be a better descriptor. That doesn't mean I don't like this product. It's just not what I was expecting. I used it for a few days. The results: it absorbed immediately and didn't leave a moist finish. The dry skin on my forehead was still crying out for moisture. I appreciated that it is fragrance-free. Right now I'm using Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion-Sensitive. It's a little bit heavier and more emollient that the Simple moisturizer. Come Summertime, however, I plan to switch to the Simple Rich Moisturizer, because I'll probably be more oily then. Overall, This lotion would be a good fir for normal-to-oily skin year round and normal-to-slightly-dry skin during the summer months. A 4.2 oz. bottle cost approximately $10.00 dollars.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This doesn’t feel like a rich emollient type moisturiser, it sinks in fast and doesn’t leave a film. However, this means it isn’t greasy and is ideal for mornings under sunscreen. It contains an uncertain amount of lactic acid that may soften the skin, but I do not have any rough dry patches so cannot say for sure. I will repurchase as it’s not greasy, it doesn’t sting or cause redness and I can use it on my neck which is the ultimate test. (My neck is the first place a dermatitis will occur when I use something that contains fragrance or other irritating ingredients.)

on 12/20/2017 12:20:00 AM

This is a good moisturizer but it’s by no means rich. I got it hoping it would have a touch more “oomph” than the lighter formulas I’d been buying for summer, but it really isn’t much better for smoothing over rough, flaky spots. I slather on waaaaay more than I should need to and the moisture often doesn’t even last through the night.

It’s not a bad product, and I plan on using it up, but the advertising is misleading and after months of use, I haven’t seen any positive long-term effects on my skin.

on 12/14/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Immediately stung my face upon application. Left face feeling dry and tight like I had applied nothing. Has a very silicone-y feel to it. Overall, this would not be moisturizing for even normal skin, let alone dry skin!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product, though touted to cater to sensitive skin caused me some serious problems!

The morning after I used it, I woke up with two swollen eyes, a swollen face and red, blotchy patches all over. Some of the patches were oozing. My face was stinging and burning hot to the touch.

Now, 2 days later my face is all red/blotchy, the swelling has gone down but my face is all scaly and flaky. I don't know how long it will take to heal, but it isn't pretty!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a very good and inexpensive drugstore product. I have purchased multiple bottles and use it after SPF in the morning and after my serum at night. Good for hydration, not sure about long term skin improvements. I am looking for something that will hydrate like this does but also perfect my skin. Also, one bottle lasts me about 6 months.

I have PCOS, so I've always been on strong acne medication. (Currently on EpiDuo Forte.) Back when I was using Differin, the skin on my chin, tip of my nose, and smile lines was ALWAYS dry and flaky, even though I didn't use my acne medication there and moisturized it twice a day. I was using Ponds cream (with the light blue lid) because I read it's one of the most hydrating drugstore moisturizers on the market. Finally, I was fed up, went looking for something new, and found this. I still moisturize that area with this twice a day, then I use it every other night all over to give my skin a break from EpiDuo Forte. It's AMAZING. Sinks right in, and my skin no longer peels and flakes. I just pray that effect will last through the long Chicago winter. But for now: HG status!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this moisturizer! My skin is pretty oily especially at the T-zone, and I've tried Cetaphil's moisturizer before, but it always burns around my nose and cheeks. This moisturizer is so gentle that it works. It also dries and blends really well, so my skin doesn't feel sticky or oily with it on within a minute.

Price is excellent. Great value for money