Simple Light Moisturiser

Simple Light Moisturiser

3.4

Aqua, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Mica, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Serine, Sorbitol, Urea, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Allantoin

I had a sample of this cream. not for me. it stung going on and I looked like I had a sun burn from it.
I tired it twice just to be sure, and it did upset my skin. (its sensitive)

on 4/10/2017 12:39:00 PM

Well, to start of. I am okay with this product, its neither fantastic and neither bad. It moisturize my skin pretty well but definitely NOT recommended for oily skin as it gives my skin a little oily but I had dry skin so its okay. Recommend if you need a Moisturizer that will do nothing fantastic and bad.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this! I have really sensitive skin and can't use most moisturisers because they sting my face really badly but this doesn't at all. I have a pretty recent scar and a lot of things react with it badly but this doesn't at all. Really great moisturiser and doesn't leave my face feeling greasy or anything

on 2/23/2017 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Like a lot of the other 1 star reviews, this moisturiser broke me out in a horrible reaction.

I wouldn't say I have sensitive skin (I've never had a reaction to any regular skincare products) but I bought this on a whim when my skin was feeling a little drier than usual.

From the first use, my face was a bit red & bumpy, but stupidly I carried on using it a couple more times (I think I assumed it must have been something else causing the redness as Simple is marketed as being so gentle). However after a couple more uses, my skin was becoming more red, bumpy, itchy and sore, and on the third use it actually burned to apply it - at which point I obviously washed it straight off!

A GP friend advised me that oddly enough, sometimes the ingredients put into sensitive skin products can actually be more harmful to (some) people than the colours/ fragrances in regular products. She also warned me that my face might get worse and start to peel before it got better (which it did). On the plus side, the new layer of skin after the sore bits peeled away was beautifully smooth, so every cloud!

I know lots of people swear by Simple so this review isn't to tell anyone not to buy it. Just to say be aware, and obviously if you notice any hint of a reaction, then just stop using it.

I'm sure you've all got more common sense than me, but it turns out it is possible to get a reaction from sensitive-skincare products! I've since gone back to using my old trusted, coloured, fragranced, products with no problems ;)

I've normal to combo skin and been using this moisturiser for years. I like the lightweight formula and how it hydrates my skin without making me look like a greaseball.

on 11/16/2016 7:11:00 AM

This quickly became my favourite day time moisturiser and I also carry a travel sized bottle of this with me in my handbag. It feels light and absorbs into the skin nicely. I like using this underneath my foundation if I'm going for a matte look. It has little to no fragrance and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

I don't use this as a night moisturiser however, but it's price and reputation make this the perfect hydration for the day.

I'm onto my second large bottle and second travel size.

on 10/13/2016 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really really love this. It feels so good on my skin, absorbs quickly and leaves me feeling hydrated. Also noticed I don't have to use a primer for my makeup when I wear this so that's a plus.

on 8/30/2016 7:23:00 AM

Okay this is the moisturiser that I discovered was a dupe in texture and performance to Kat Von D's makeup primer. As in, when I applied the primer and then the next day *this* under my foundation, for weeks and weeks, there was no difference. So there's a heads up to you all to save you some time and money on that one.

I think this is a great light weight moisturiser and yes it totally works well under foundation. I wouldn't use this as a night moisturiser however, I personally don't find it rich enough for night use. It's great for sensitive skin and didn't cause any break outs or irritation.

Also the price is so cheap. Yay!

Would buy again for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Honestly, this was the first moisturiser I used, and to this day still do. I have dry skin so I personally moved to the rich moisturiser, but this is just as good - especially for those who have oily skin but still want their skin feeling soft and hydrated. Definitely recommend - plus it's not too expensive, and the packaging is a decent size that lasts me months!

A wonderful product in the lineup of the Simple skin care providers.
This moisturizer is lightweight yet it thoroughly moisturizes your face,doesn't feel greasy and makes your skin feel good.
This is the way skin care should be: Simple. No hyped up claims because let's face it: The anti aging skin care market and the skin care market in general mass retail are full of advertising claims that rarely,if ever deliver. If you go back to basics with uncomplicated regimens, you will see results.