Simple Light Moisturiser

Simple Light Moisturiser

3.4

Aqua, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Mica, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Serine, Sorbitol, Urea, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Allantoin

on 2/27/2018 4:22:00 AM

First of i want to share some back story why i decided to try this moisturizer. Because i have oily sensitive skin with some hormonal spots i decided to try the avene cleanance mat emulsion, the lady at the pharmacy told me it was a gift from God send for sensitive oily skin with mild acne/spots/pimples. I used this product for 1,5 week and had to stop using it because everytime i apply the emulsion my face became red and started to burn like hell. Now left with some extremely sensitised skin i was looking for a moisturizer without 10000 promises on the packaging and took the Simple light version back home. Most of my colleagues (i work at a drugstore) swear by the light and rich version depending on their skintype. After using it for about 7 weeks i can say that i love this product, it is what is says it is “hydrating light moisturizer” and nothing more. It soothed my skin from te start and didnt feel greasy at all, after a day at work my forehead is a little “dewy” but the rest of my face looks amazing, no dry flakes, no oil slick, no tightness and best of all it didnt caused breakouts. I recomend this product 100% Ps: what works for my skin may not work for yours, every person and skin is different :)

on 2/22/2018 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got it as said it was kind to skin as got very dry skin on arms - broke out in lumps under the skin. Thought that maybe it was something else so left it a couple of months and tried again - same affect, not got sensitive skin but it doesn't like simple

on 6/18/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Broke me out really badly, heavily scented, did not sink into my very dry skin at all. It left a greasy film on top of my skin and gave me acne.

I had a sample of this cream. not for me. it stung going on and I looked like I had a sun burn from it.
I tired it twice just to be sure, and it did upset my skin. (its sensitive)

on 4/10/2017 12:39:00 PM

Well, to start of. I am okay with this product, its neither fantastic and neither bad. It moisturize my skin pretty well but definitely NOT recommended for oily skin as it gives my skin a little oily but I had dry skin so its okay. Recommend if you need a Moisturizer that will do nothing fantastic and bad.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this! I have really sensitive skin and can't use most moisturisers because they sting my face really badly but this doesn't at all. I have a pretty recent scar and a lot of things react with it badly but this doesn't at all. Really great moisturiser and doesn't leave my face feeling greasy or anything

on 2/23/2017 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Like a lot of the other 1 star reviews, this moisturiser broke me out in a horrible reaction.

I wouldn't say I have sensitive skin (I've never had a reaction to any regular skincare products) but I bought this on a whim when my skin was feeling a little drier than usual.

From the first use, my face was a bit red & bumpy, but stupidly I carried on using it a couple more times (I think I assumed it must have been something else causing the redness as Simple is marketed as being so gentle). However after a couple more uses, my skin was becoming more red, bumpy, itchy and sore, and on the third use it actually burned to apply it - at which point I obviously washed it straight off!

A GP friend advised me that oddly enough, sometimes the ingredients put into sensitive skin products can actually be more harmful to (some) people than the colours/ fragrances in regular products. She also warned me that my face might get worse and start to peel before it got better (which it did). On the plus side, the new layer of skin after the sore bits peeled away was beautifully smooth, so every cloud!

I know lots of people swear by Simple so this review isn't to tell anyone not to buy it. Just to say be aware, and obviously if you notice any hint of a reaction, then just stop using it.

I'm sure you've all got more common sense than me, but it turns out it is possible to get a reaction from sensitive-skincare products! I've since gone back to using my old trusted, coloured, fragranced, products with no problems ;)

I've normal to combo skin and been using this moisturiser for years. I like the lightweight formula and how it hydrates my skin without making me look like a greaseball.

on 11/16/2016 7:11:00 AM

This quickly became my favourite day time moisturiser and I also carry a travel sized bottle of this with me in my handbag. It feels light and absorbs into the skin nicely. I like using this underneath my foundation if I'm going for a matte look. It has little to no fragrance and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

I don't use this as a night moisturiser however, but it's price and reputation make this the perfect hydration for the day.

I'm onto my second large bottle and second travel size.

on 10/13/2016 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really really love this. It feels so good on my skin, absorbs quickly and leaves me feeling hydrated. Also noticed I don't have to use a primer for my makeup when I wear this so that's a plus.