Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.9

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

I am reading all of the negative reviews for Hope In A Jar. I love the stuff. I am 52 and have normal skin. This feels great on my skin. I use it every day. It works great before my makeup is put on. My skin is soft as a baby's. I say-give it a try and see if it works for you~ looks like it is a love or hate relationship. I choose love!

on 11/8/2016 8:14:00 AM

You guys, I can't even describe how horrible this stuff smells. The closest thing that comes to mind is day-old, dirty dishwater with cheap lemon-scented dish soap. I tried for a few weeks to just use the product and get past the smell but ultimately I had to return. I don't feel like the product was doing much for my skin anyway. I'd recommend you check out the Renewed Hope in a Jar - that one smells much better and has a better consistency.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got this in a travel size as a gift and was so stoked to try it. I kept it around for a while as I used up other moisturizers, but it was tightly closed with a protective seal on the top. So when I opened it up finally I was surprised to find that it smelled rotten (plastic-y mixed with awful granny perfume) and also that the texture felt weird, like it was separated (it goes on with a watery feeling and then quickly turns balmy and thick). However - after reading reviews I realized THIS IS HOW TJE PRODUCT IS! Sad that my first impression of the product is that it was rotten!

I find that this moisturizer is enough to tame the dry skin I get in the winter, but not cause my oily skin to get worse. I only use it at night, unless I need it as a spot treatment for dry skin in the morning. I like the packaging and price point is good. I think I've been through 4-6 jars in the past few years.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is naturally very dry. I LOVE this stuff. It has a mild pleasant scent (scents don't bother me) and I find it so moisturizing. I can't get enough, I literally apply it to my face morning and night, religiously. Kind of pricey, but I find it to be worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Received the purity made simple cleanser, daily exfoliating wash and hope in a jar as a pre-Christmas gift.

Hope in a jar leaves a sticky residue on my face, and it takes forever to dissipate. As far as moisturizing goes, my skin felt hydrated at first, but eventually felt taut. Another con to this moisturizer, is after I used this for several days, an ingredient in it caused my eyes to slightly sting and water. I experienced the same reaction with purity made simple cleanser. I can't use this anywhere near my eyes. First time I've had a moisturizer irritate my eyes.

This moisturizer isn't a good match for my skin.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought an entire collection in this brand hoping that between the price and hype I would LOVE it. I hated it...left my skin feeling gross....old lady smell....didn't do what it claimed.

So much raving about this product for NOTHING. This is a basic moisturizer that doesn not give anything to your skin. Not worth it at all. Smell is nice and the texture is also. I'm very loyal to products so when I like something I wont change it but after I finished the jar I didn't even consider to buy it again. There are so many other products out there that beat this hands down.

on 12/9/2014 1:58:00 AM

I've used this product along with other items from the Philosophy skin care line religiously for at least two years.

I have sensitive skin which is prone to breakouts when the seasons change - where I am from we have four drastically different seasons.

I, unlike other users here, actually love the smell and I love how it feels on my face, how it absorbs and how the cream itself glistens in the jar when I open it and stick my fingers in. Initially I saw a huge improvement in my skin and it had been a constant love of mine until about a month ago.

Lately my fine lines are getting more prominent and I am having dry skin and acne issues around my mouth and chin which won't dissipate. Also my cheeks are red and blotchy.

I've switched to a retinal and green tea rich cream which I just started today. My skin needs a change I think but I would definitely return to this brand in the future if I fail to find something I like better after trying a few different things.

on 10/12/2014 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my HG of moisturizers. I have really picky skin, and I love this product. It sinks into my skin really fast, so I don't have to wait forever for it to dry. I wear it under my makeup and have great results.

*warning* do not keep this product in a warm or climate changing area. It will totally screw it up. Just an FYI