Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.9

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 8/11/2018 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Not for sensitive skin, it's quite irritating, unremarkable ingredients, bad packaging.

on 10/2/2017 10:49:00 PM

I usually use First Aid Beauty's moisturizer but decided to give this a try. I have combo oily skin and this product is not hydrating enough for certain areas of my face (around nose and mouth) which tend to get dry and flakey. On other areas of my face this stuff absorbs quickly and feels light and slightly hydrating. I would stay clear of this product if you have dry or combo skin as it will not help your dry patches. If you have very oily skin this may work for you.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why all of the negative reviews? This stuff is expensive but very worth it to me. I have very sensitive, oily skin that breaks out real easily and I needed something that would moisturize my skin without leaving it bumpy or greasy. This is it!!!!! I use it 4 times a week morning and night. On the off days I use my medicated Rodan+Fields treatments. The consistency of this is a very light, whip cream texture that seamlessly melts into the skin.

Got this as a sample. Smells very chemical and awful and has a watery texture. Would never buy it

on 3/25/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample of this which lasted for a couple days with nightly use. I did not particularly like it and will not repurchase. The smell is waaayy too strong and not in a good way. The packaging (I received it in a foil but I know it comes in a jar) is less than ideal. And the price is not right. The ingredients are so-so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love the smell! melts into skin like butter! I've tried the renewed Hope in a Jar, but I like this better!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells just like melted plastic

on 11/24/2015 6:45:00 PM

I purchased this hoping it'll be more moisturizing than my clinique dramatically different gel. It worked well. It goes on as a paste feeling then turning into a watery form before being quickly absorbed into my skin. For winter season in Canada, I found that it wasn't moisturizing enough. My skin was still feeling a bit tight after using this.

It has a faint smell. It didn't break me out after using 2 jars of this product.
I'd purchase it again for summer/fall season.

on 11/16/2015 2:44:00 PM

I got a deluxe sample of this during the VIB 20% off sale. The gel cream texture feels nice on the skin when applied. HOWEVER, later it balls up all around my nose area and clogs my pores. Not only that, it doesn't even moisturize my skin! It made my skin feel even more dry!! I can see blackheads coming out...like they are trying to escape from the moisturizer lol. So gross, i know. >_<"

This is going into the trash.

reference: I have hyper-senstive, acne prone skin.

on 10/2/2015 10:40:00 PM

I have combination skin and this is perfect for my skin. I apply it religiously day and night after washing my face. It's my HG MOISTURIZER