Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.6

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 8/11/2018 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Not for sensitive skin, it's quite irritating, unremarkable ingredients, bad packaging.

on 12/14/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The only hope for hope in a jar (and all varieties of it) is that they change it to hope in a opaque tube in order to preserve the small amount of antioxidants it has. Why so many companies continue to use jars is beyond me; exposing the contents to air--ie OXYGEN--renders ANTIoxidants useless.

Additionally, it contains several potential irritants, including lavender oil, limonene, linalool, geraniol, and parabens. At this price, you're paying a ridiculous amount for nothing except some extra moisture and essentially zero anti-aging or skin-repairing benefits. Plus even with freshly washed hands, you're at risk of contaminating the entire jar. Jar products are excellent mediums to grow bacteria, and it doesn't take much.

With so many affordable options on the market, this one should stay on the shelf. Check out the Olay line, which has whopping doses of skin-repairing niacinamide, and you can get the full line for the same price as one useless no hope in jar.

on 12/9/2015 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This broke me out terribly. I woke up with tiny bumps and super red skin all over my face. I normally don't react to products and don't break out hardly at all, so this was a surprise. I thought about what new products I had tried out and this product was definitely the culprit.

I had a little deluxe sample of this from Sephora, I didn't even use that much but after one application, I knew I'd never buy/use this again. I am wondering what ingredient did this, so that I can stay away from it in the future.

on 10/2/2015 10:40:00 PM

I have combination skin and this is perfect for my skin. I apply it religiously day and night after washing my face. It's my HG MOISTURIZER

on 5/9/2015 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Had a large sample from Sephora. I could've used it for several nights. The sample was included in my last order. I'm VIB Rouge so I order often. As soon as I applied this, I had to wash it off. The smell was awful. Not perfumey or chemical like, just bad. I couldn't wash it off fast enough. Maybe it was the sample but will not buy after that experience.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really think their products are way over priced.
This was no exception.
I think this would be better suited for dry skin in need of a thick cream.
I have oily skin and this was very heavy on my skin. I broke out like crazy with deep cystic blemishes that took forever to heal :(
Also it was too heavy and made my undereye area very puffy.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

There is nothing special about this moisturizer. I only used it at night since it is too heavy and thick for daytime use. The pros about this moisturizer is It didn't make me break out and I like the mild scent; However the cons about this product are: 1.too expensive for a mediocre moisturizer 2. Makes my eyes water if it gets anywhere near them 3. Unsanitary twist top jar and 4. Philosophy is not a cruelty free brand. I wouldn't repurchase this and I feel like people only buy this product because of the brand name.

on 9/14/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't get past the smell. The texture isn't pleasant either as it is very thin and filmy. Yuck!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this as a beauty tube item and it surprised me. It's a light, whipped cream that seems to have a lot of water mixed into it. When you apply it, it melts onto the face and feels almost wet. Then it absorbs. As such, it doesn't seem to work well on a moist face. I don't detect much of a fragrance.

It works well for a summer moisturizer--I apply it all over face and down neck and chest area. For winter, I wouldn't rely on it. But I do like it and I reach for it continually in the summer.

on 6/28/2014 1:25:00 AM

I really has high hopes for this product. A lot of people liked this and it worked for them but this was just "Meh."

Texture: Creamy, thick-ish (but not like a body butter) texture.

Scent: It's kind of like a off/weird lavender smell. It's not my cup of tea but it wasn't bothersome either. I could see someone with a sensitivity to fragrance not reacting well to this product. The smell goes away after it dries and settles.

Finish: Dewy. A bit on the sticker/oilier side than I prefer.

Effects: No noticeable improvement. At first it seemed to leave my skin balanced (in combination with purity cleanser) but soon after this left my skin feeling greasier than normal.

When I was using this face cream, I had the worse flare up of acne than I have had in years. Now whether this was hormonal or caused by this lotion, couldn't tell ya. But definitely not worth it trying to find out.

I ended up giving away a whole unused jar to a friend who was interested in trying it. (I had two deluxe samples of the cream that I went through)