Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by hair type : Other
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.5

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 7/6/2015 9:49:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

the smell is not unbearable at all. the first time i used it, i found the smell rather unpleasant. but after that, it doesnt bother me anymore. it is a moisturing cream that has exfoliatiing properties. i dont use it during the day. During night, i use it and my skin texture looks better. the consistency is great and has a liquid feel. Be careful not to apply too near your eyes because it stings.i feel that it did what it says. however i wont repurchase it because i would prefer to have a moisturizer and exfoliator separately used.

on 5/22/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

If I could give this zero stars, I would. I'm glad that it isn't just me that doensn't like this moisturizer as it doesn't have a good rating on here eithier. But I always hear about how good it's supposed to be. First off the smell is absolutely disgusting, it makes me literally gag. And this is not a perfumey smell, this smells like rotten food. I don't understand how anyone can stand the smell no matter how good it performs. But to top it off, I hate the moisturzer itself, I felt like I was wearing a mask when I wore this moisturizer cause it just sits on your face. Don't waste your money on this, glad I had just a sample and didn't actually go to buy it.

on 11/27/2013 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like the product but wish it came packaged in a tube or pump bottle. This fluffy textured cream smells like lavender which I don't love but I can get past that. The product itself is lovely, does not clog my pores and seems to make my skin glow from within. I really did enjoy this product but the unsanitary packaging prevents me from repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this cream has a weird texture, it almost seems to blend in with a "watery" finish.. kindof hard to explain but yea, was extremely blah for how expensive it was. Didn't moisturize enough for me, smells like wet dog, packaging sucks--- dropped it and the lid shattered off

on 4/30/2013 2:04:00 AM

This moisturizer receives negative reviews because of the fragrance and the consistency. I happen to not mind the smell and the consistency of the lotion. I have used this moisturizer on and off for a few years now and keep coming back to it. I like to use this when my skin is extremely dry to the point where it actually is cracked and hurts (yes, this really does happen during the winter). I do not use this as much during the summer because it is such a heavy moisturizer but it does feel very nice on sunburns. I think hope in a jar is worth a try and from what i've heard it works for most and disappoints a few.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this stuff! I have fairly clear skin but tend to break out with all different sorts of products.This is one of the few moisturizers that I've tried that doesn't break me out. Everything from the most recommended gentle moisturizers to very high end products leave me with clogged pores and a red rash looking breakout. Hope in a Jar doesn't break me out at all and leaves me with soft skin and a beautiful glow. My skin used to be oily on my cheeks and super dry around my nose and mouth but I find that this really helps to even out the consistency of my skin. Everyone is different and this product just happens to do miracles for me! The packaging could be improved but I don't find it awful as I put on my moisturizer right after I wash my hands and no one else puts thier fingers in the jar so not too big of a deal for me in terms of being unsanitary. The scent also does not bother me although I suppose a completely fragrance free scent would be ideal. Price is on the higher end but worth it to me for the simple fact that this moisturizers is one of the very few that does not break me out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I really wanted to love this face cream after reading the reviews (and since it's one of Oprah's fave products). Unfortunately it really wasn't for me. I hated the smell, and found it did not absorb into my skin, rather sitting on top like a filmy layer. I gave it a few tries and had the same results. Too bad.

on 1/9/2013 5:56:00 PM

I love, love love this. I have searched high and low for the right moisturizer and this is now my HG. I usually HATE lotion and the way it makes me feel. This is not greasy or heavy.

Edit 8/2015

I don't know what I was thinking. This ended up being too heavy for me.

This to me is an average moisturizer and I get better hydration from oil of Olay seriously!! This also has an odor that reeks of wet dog. I've also heard people tell it smells like horse pee idk what that smells like but I've been told that. Everyone's skin is different so of course we are all going to react differently to skin care products!!

on 12/23/2012 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

why oh why. I seen the reviews on sephora and just thought, wow this must be a great moisturizer! wrong. hated it, hated the smell, and the feel. It has a lemony-chemical like smell to it. It leaves my skin feeling greasy, i wish i would have tried a sample out first before buying the full sized product. Was so happy when i finished it, I did not want to waste it. couple of months later, i got a sample of it for gratis, and it brung up old memories. I hate the damn thing, and the smell. not to mention if i tear up it starts to sting my eye! uhh.. yeah that's weird. I'll stick to my Sephora Instant moisturizer thank you very much!