Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.6

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 8/11/2018 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Not for sensitive skin, it's quite irritating, unremarkable ingredients, bad packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells just like melted plastic

on 6/3/2015 2:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have got a sensitive skin and according to the sales lady this cream was suitable for the sensitive skin.
I'm glad that I asked for a sample because it doesn't work at all for my skin.
The smell is lovely, the texture is nice, it sinks nice into my skin.
But after two days using the product my skin started itching like crazy and I developed big red spots. Really great if you have to be representative for your job.
So no hope in a jar for me.

on 10/26/2014 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't get past the herbal citrus cleaner smell on this. I got a sample size of this with my Sephora points. It made my eyes burn, even though I didn't put it near my eyes. Only used this at night, left skin very moisturized. But there are a ton of better moisturizers out there.

on 10/12/2014 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my HG of moisturizers. I have really picky skin, and I love this product. It sinks into my skin really fast, so I don't have to wait forever for it to dry. I wear it under my makeup and have great results.

*warning* do not keep this product in a warm or climate changing area. It will totally screw it up. Just an FYI

on 7/21/2014 10:39:00 PM

I got a travel size from Sephora and I am so glad I didn't spend big bucks on this. I have fair sensitive skin and thought this would be ok to use. NO! At application I felt tingly/stinging on my face, not super uncommon. Within an hour my whole face was itchy. I cleaned my face and figured that would do it. 24 hours later I am still applying calamine lotion. My face broke out to what it similar to poison ivy. It is itchy, bumpy, red, and swollen! I hope I don't scar. This was a no makeup day, so I know the breakout was from HIAJ. I have read from a lot of reviews online that the ingredient Lavender Oil may be the culprit. Beware and do a test patch!

on 5/22/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

If I could give this zero stars, I would. I'm glad that it isn't just me that doensn't like this moisturizer as it doesn't have a good rating on here eithier. But I always hear about how good it's supposed to be. First off the smell is absolutely disgusting, it makes me literally gag. And this is not a perfumey smell, this smells like rotten food. I don't understand how anyone can stand the smell no matter how good it performs. But to top it off, I hate the moisturzer itself, I felt like I was wearing a mask when I wore this moisturizer cause it just sits on your face. Don't waste your money on this, glad I had just a sample and didn't actually go to buy it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received a travel-size jar as part of a gift and I don't think I would've purchased this on my own. It does moisturize and soften skin but it's nothing special, certainly not for the price of the full-sized jar. It doesn't do anything different than any other moisturizer. The smell is off-putting (I think it smells like a dog) but it eventually goes away.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not going to beat around the bush on this one - I really don't understand AT ALL how this moisturiser has developed such a cult status in the beauty world when it basically smells like something crawled into the pot, curled up and died! It's a truly awful smell and is entirely the reason why I will never use this moisturiser again. EVER!

It's difficult to describe just how unpleasant this smells, but for the purposes of this review I'll give it my best shot. To me this smells like a mixture of baby sick and rancid milk with a dash of lavendar essential oil, all mixed into a little jar which has then had the top firmly screwed on so the smell could mature. Like cheese. And the worst thing? Once it's on your skin it lingers. All day. I made the (huge) mistake of using this one morning and spent the rest of the day at work catching whiffs of it every time I moved, making me worried that my colleagues could also smell it and would wonder what was wrong with me!

Smell aside though, I saw no visible differences to my skin whilst using this. And given it's an award winning moisturiser I would have expected to see something. It's pricey too, coming in at 10GBP for a tiny 15ml before rocketing up to a whopping 34GBP for a 60ml jar. Luckily I got a trial size version as a freebie with some Philosophy shower gel, so didn't feel too bad when I stopped using it.

Ladies, PLEASE don't waste your money on this. Seriously, it's not worth it and your nostrils will thank you for it. There are other moisturisers out there that do just as a good a job, if not better and at a fraction of the price.

on 3/22/2013 9:47:00 AM

I got this as part of the Christmas skin care set which I found at less than half price in TK Maxx. I love the Philosophy brand, always wear the perfumes and have tried a few products before. I mainly bought the kit for the cleanser and exfoliating wash that I know I like, and because I wanted to try the eye cream that also came with it. To be honest I was expecting to give the Hope in a Jar cream away as I had tried it and hated it years and years ago.

Anyway, I tried it again and was amazed. Don't know if they have changed this or if it is differences in my skin. But I loved it! I remember that before it didn't skin into my skin very well, but now it just vanishes and leaves my skin feeling so soft and glowy. I have rosacea and it is so much better since using this. I'm so glad that I tried it again!