Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.6

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why all of the negative reviews? This stuff is expensive but very worth it to me. I have very sensitive, oily skin that breaks out real easily and I needed something that would moisturize my skin without leaving it bumpy or greasy. This is it!!!!! I use it 4 times a week morning and night. On the off days I use my medicated Rodan+Fields treatments. The consistency of this is a very light, whip cream texture that seamlessly melts into the skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really think their products are way over priced.
This was no exception.
I think this would be better suited for dry skin in need of a thick cream.
I have oily skin and this was very heavy on my skin. I broke out like crazy with deep cystic blemishes that took forever to heal :(
Also it was too heavy and made my undereye area very puffy.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I had to get use to the smell at first, and it felt kinda heavy and really creamy compared to Mary Kay what I was using, but after this sets the smell goes away and the cream feels light. I love this stuff for the time being!

on 10/16/2013 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

No hope for me. Nothing really works on all skin types, in my experience and this made me break out. I have fine lines, but I'm afraid it's going to have to be a, "laser." This was especially bad for acne in my T zone and right cheek. I tried it at different times of the month, on a box, with a fox, you get the idea. I personally, don't believe in purging. I've been trying to purge since my teens and there is no purging here. Just bigger and smaller zits.

I am a cosmetic formulator, although I'm into an art business now. I do formulate for me. I don't do creams. This was my last hope, no pun intended, and it's just not gonna happen for me and cream. Even Hope in a Jar. I really wanted to love it.

I gave it to my sister who raves. So, it's not all bad.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

No hope here. Bought a travel size container at Sephora. I didn't mind the Lavender scent but some might. After using it for several weeks I found no difference on skin texture. No clarity, brightness, smoothness, nothing. Ill only use it at night as my face is oily and my makeup will melt off if I use it as a day cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love philosophy products and like everyone else have heard wonderful AMAZING reviews on this... So I bought a value size a couple years back and it lasted forever, BUT it took me forever to use it up because it smelled like I was rubbing plastic on my face :(... I have über strong sense of smell so I just thought it was me. i ended up giving my mom the barely touched jar which she seemed to enjoy... well I ended up giving in to another jar and omg the smell... I couldn't even deal with it this time. I thought maybe my first jar was off or a bad tub but no I'm right on because this second jar is reeking of the same stench... I have the full jar in our medicine cabinet and my husband asked for some moisturizer so I told him to get into it and he was complaining the rest of the day of how he smelled like plastic... Lol kind of funny...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The one i had is the oil-free version, an asia exclusive. I got it for 59 SGD at Sephora. When i got this product, it was new and just debut in Singapore.

Firstly, this product does ABSOLUTELY nothing for my skin. It felt like my skin could not absorb the product as i felt like i had a thin film of the moisturizer still lying on the surface of my skin.

I also noticed a funky smell to it which i did not mind since i was hoping for this product to work.

Packaging sucks, super unhygienic to dig your fingers into the jar for the product.

Overall, i do not recommend this product to anyone. The regular one or the oil free one. Any other cheaper drugstore brand would have done a better job than this. $59 down the drain i guess.. =/

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Finally i found a skincare to continue until its discontinued. the moisturizer is so light and little goes a long way. it doesnt clog pores at all. i use microdelivery exfoliating wash then followed by this. it's so simple & keep my skin great...this moisturizer is so nourishing. but i took off 1 lippie... it's so stinky! the smell is like burn rubber!

on 2/10/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this moisturizer. I tried it years ago and thought it broke me out but I've discovered that I was probably using too much. Apply it with a light hand. Anyway. The reason I tried it again was because of my sister. She only uses Philosophy products and looks 15 years younger than she is. Her skin is beautiful. I started my Philosophy routine about 2 months ago and I'm loving the results. I know people complain about the smell but I say don't change a thing about it. It works.
As far as cost it is quite economical as it will last forever. a 4 oz. jar will last me close to a year. Remember with all Philosophy products. Less is more.
I say give it a try. If it doesn't work for you - you can always return it.
The Philosophy website has a 60 day return policy and often has specials and sales.

on 10/31/2010 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a deluxe sample of this and I gave it to my mom who then gave it to the garbage can. I used it for 1 day and I just couldn't get over the smell of this moisturizer. It smells terrible +funky!!! However, I must admit that I really liked the packaging + the fluffy consistency of the product, just wish it smelled at least decent enough to wear on my face!!! ps. my mum agrees (she used it for 2 days...)