Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.7

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love the smell! melts into skin like butter! I've tried the renewed Hope in a Jar, but I like this better!

on 5/9/2015 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Had a large sample from Sephora. I could've used it for several nights. The sample was included in my last order. I'm VIB Rouge so I order often. As soon as I applied this, I had to wash it off. The smell was awful. Not perfumey or chemical like, just bad. I couldn't wash it off fast enough. Maybe it was the sample but will not buy after that experience.

on 9/14/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't get past the smell. The texture isn't pleasant either as it is very thin and filmy. Yuck!

on 11/27/2013 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like the product but wish it came packaged in a tube or pump bottle. This fluffy textured cream smells like lavender which I don't love but I can get past that. The product itself is lovely, does not clog my pores and seems to make my skin glow from within. I really did enjoy this product but the unsanitary packaging prevents me from repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Got this in a kit (otherwise I would have returned it) having oily skin leaves my skin moisturized without feeling greasy or heavy but the smell of this cream is terrible, the smell decreases as you wear it on your face but never completely goes away...skip it unless you can deal with stinky-ness. I was determined to use it at night before I go to sleep (to use it up) but I can't...ewww

on 9/8/2013 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

great product! i noticed a difference after just a few days of using it once a day. it made my skin look plumper, more even, and rosier. i've only been using it for a few weeks, and am excited to see what's in store with longer use. the only thing that sucks is the ridiculous jar format. we all know the reasons why. :)

on 2/25/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got a sample of this and I was really excited to try it since I've heard so much about it. I also didn't want to purchase it because it is quite expensive. The smell was a shock. I thought maybe I got a bad batch until I read the reviews. It is nothing special. Not particularly moisturizing, just average. But the smell for me was unbearable and a definite deal breaker. Will not purchase

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product after reading all the amazing reviews online. And i really thought i was going to like it, but the smell is just way too strong. My boyfriend would not want to even get close to me because it has a very unique smell. I stopped using it and started using a different one. I hope that i can go back and use it a couple of times before i decide to throw it away.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I actually really like this moisturizer. I don't mind the smell one bit. It leaves my face very soft without feeling greasy and has not caused any breakouts. It's expensive though, and a jar seems a bit unsanitary, but hey, nothing is perfect.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

ick... what a yucky smelling moisturizer. I also don't like that it's in a jar, never have liked any moisturizer in a jar. Other than the smell, it's a pretty good moisturizer though. Little goes a long way, my face didn't become oily. But it's expensive and icky smelling.