Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.7

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it is a no no no for me. i applied this at night time. when i woke up in the morning i feel my face so soggy moist. even after i wash my face and do make up like normal (i dont apply hope in a jar in the morning).. a few hours in the office throughout the day my face feels so soggy moist. eewwww. my make up ruin.. it is a very disgusting feel. i tried again another time and the same thing happen. i just cant apply it to my face anymore. it is a no no no product for me. and the smell... ewwww too

Hope in a jar may not smell to good but I like how it moisterizes my skin. Its not that refreshing as others but it does moisterise.

on 2/7/2015 9:43:00 AM

I have an acne prone skin and I decided to try this product after the salesperson convinced me that this is a good moisturizer though it doesn't work for acne. The texture is soft and lightweight. I live in a humid country and this doesn't make my face feels greasy and sticky. I apply this moisturizer after Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating face serum in the morning, and after Shiseido Future Solution LX at night. I think this product won't be hydrating enough for me without those Kate and Shiseido serum because the Kate Somerville acne facial wash I'm using right now is pretty drying. However if you are not using drying acne products whatsoever, this actually is a pretty good moisturizer though I'm sure it won't be moisturizing enough for winter.

on 12/9/2014 1:58:00 AM

I've used this product along with other items from the Philosophy skin care line religiously for at least two years.

I have sensitive skin which is prone to breakouts when the seasons change - where I am from we have four drastically different seasons.

I, unlike other users here, actually love the smell and I love how it feels on my face, how it absorbs and how the cream itself glistens in the jar when I open it and stick my fingers in. Initially I saw a huge improvement in my skin and it had been a constant love of mine until about a month ago.

Lately my fine lines are getting more prominent and I am having dry skin and acne issues around my mouth and chin which won't dissipate. Also my cheeks are red and blotchy.

I've switched to a retinal and green tea rich cream which I just started today. My skin needs a change I think but I would definitely return to this brand in the future if I fail to find something I like better after trying a few different things.

I have acne prone skin that tends to scar easily. I've also noticed as I've gotten older, I am drier as well, so I need a moisturizer that won't clog my pores and make me break out. HIAJ does the trick for me. I have been using it for years and it does not cause breakouts or clogged pores. It is lightweight with a souffle like texture. The smell is off putting at first, but it fades and it doesn't bother me too much. if it gets too close to the eyes, it will sting, and since it does have a mild exfoliating ingredient, it may also sting slightly if sensitice skin is an issue, so beware. I use in conjunction with Purity Made Simple and Retin A Micro and my skin is the clearest it will ever be.

on 10/15/2014 10:46:00 AM

So, I have to be completely honest, (which is what this website is all about, right!?), I have a love/hate relationship with this products. I am going to say that YES, this products sinks into the skin at night and when you wake up, your face feels like a babies butt. Literally. My face is so smooth and has been a perfect canvas for makeup lately and I really contribute it to this product. HOWEVER, yes the smell is not good! But what's more, and I didn't really see anybody else really talk about this, is that the product seems to separate! My mom gave me 2 jars for Christmas one year and I had to throw one of them out without even finishing the product because it separated and it just didn't "work" anymore. Did this happen to anyone else? It separates cream from like a yellow oil. Ughh, not appealing. But like I said, my face has been pretty smooth.

on 9/2/2014 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am a person who is continually trying to find a good moisturizer. I am acne prone and I have oily skin. My skin has been terrible to me this winter. It's a combo of oily, dry, and break out prone. But This moisturizer, wow, so far so good! Weirdly enough, it hasn't broken me out. Yet Iv read others broke out on this. My skin can get scaly in some areas and this was moisturizing enough to clear these areas after three days! Only down side is It does have a very strong citrus smell, almost like orange oil. It absorbed so well though. I have only a sample size of this and am going to purchase the full size.

on 7/23/2014 12:38:00 AM

There is a slight smell but it doesn't linger I'm over 60 yrs old acne prone STILL ugh fair and sensitive This product is HG for me Never has broken me out like heavier creams and my face is soft and moisturized I use PC BHA 2% and her 8%AHA to keep my skin clear alternating night and day use Twice daily HIAJ morning and night I have noticed a huge improvement in my skin and now only use a light dusting of Bare Minerals sheer veil You just have to see what works for you I've spent huge $$$ over the years and this works for me Don't give up! There's something out there that works for you Keep trying the sample sizes until you hit the right ones for you for me HIAJ is great and I love it

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Just fyi I have acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin. First off, it smells terrible. My nose is sensitive to scents and putting something that smells like it was rancid was a big turn-off for me. Secondly, as soon as I put it on I could feel my skin practically screaming get it off. It was causing my face to break out. Clearly I am allergic to something in the ingredients.
I'm glad I only had a sample.

on 3/19/2014 9:39:00 PM

I have fairly normal skin nowadays. Not sensitive, dry, oily, etc. As far as acne, I get tiny blackheads and occasionally a breakout of whiteheads. But this stuff, dear lord. I had zits that turned red and itched! It looked like I had mosquito bites all over my face after I'd been using this product morning and night for two days. Never again. Maybe I'll use the rest as a hand lotion.