Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.9

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 10/2/2017 10:49:00 PM

I usually use First Aid Beauty's moisturizer but decided to give this a try. I have combo oily skin and this product is not hydrating enough for certain areas of my face (around nose and mouth) which tend to get dry and flakey. On other areas of my face this stuff absorbs quickly and feels light and slightly hydrating. I would stay clear of this product if you have dry or combo skin as it will not help your dry patches. If you have very oily skin this may work for you.

I am reading all of the negative reviews for Hope In A Jar. I love the stuff. I am 52 and have normal skin. This feels great on my skin. I use it every day. It works great before my makeup is put on. My skin is soft as a baby's. I say-give it a try and see if it works for you~ looks like it is a love or hate relationship. I choose love!

on 11/8/2016 8:14:00 AM

You guys, I can't even describe how horrible this stuff smells. The closest thing that comes to mind is day-old, dirty dishwater with cheap lemon-scented dish soap. I tried for a few weeks to just use the product and get past the smell but ultimately I had to return. I don't feel like the product was doing much for my skin anyway. I'd recommend you check out the Renewed Hope in a Jar - that one smells much better and has a better consistency.

on 3/25/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample of this which lasted for a couple days with nightly use. I did not particularly like it and will not repurchase. The smell is waaayy too strong and not in a good way. The packaging (I received it in a foil but I know it comes in a jar) is less than ideal. And the price is not right. The ingredients are so-so.

on 11/24/2015 6:45:00 PM

I purchased this hoping it'll be more moisturizing than my clinique dramatically different gel. It worked well. It goes on as a paste feeling then turning into a watery form before being quickly absorbed into my skin. For winter season in Canada, I found that it wasn't moisturizing enough. My skin was still feeling a bit tight after using this.

It has a faint smell. It didn't break me out after using 2 jars of this product.
I'd purchase it again for summer/fall season.

on 11/16/2015 2:44:00 PM

I got a deluxe sample of this during the VIB 20% off sale. The gel cream texture feels nice on the skin when applied. HOWEVER, later it balls up all around my nose area and clogs my pores. Not only that, it doesn't even moisturize my skin! It made my skin feel even more dry!! I can see blackheads coming out...like they are trying to escape from the moisturizer lol. So gross, i know. >_<"

This is going into the trash.

reference: I have hyper-senstive, acne prone skin.

on 10/2/2015 10:40:00 PM

I have combination skin and this is perfect for my skin. I apply it religiously day and night after washing my face. It's my HG MOISTURIZER

I find that this moisturizer is enough to tame the dry skin I get in the winter, but not cause my oily skin to get worse. I only use it at night, unless I need it as a spot treatment for dry skin in the morning. I like the packaging and price point is good. I think I've been through 4-6 jars in the past few years.

on 7/6/2015 9:49:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

the smell is not unbearable at all. the first time i used it, i found the smell rather unpleasant. but after that, it doesnt bother me anymore. it is a moisturing cream that has exfoliatiing properties. i dont use it during the day. During night, i use it and my skin texture looks better. the consistency is great and has a liquid feel. Be careful not to apply too near your eyes because it stings.i feel that it did what it says. however i wont repurchase it because i would prefer to have a moisturizer and exfoliator separately used.

on 5/7/2015 10:57:00 PM

SUPER LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!

Pro
1 light weight
2 fast and easy to absorb
3 LOVE THE SCENT

Con
Priceyyyyy