Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.6

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 2/10/2003 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to like this product, but I now prefer the Paula's Choice 1% BHA Lotion. Hope in a Jar separated into a thick cream and oily liquid after about eight months, but I guess that would not be a problem if you use it up before then. :) It is not a bad product, but the PC option is cheaper and MUCH better.

on 1/6/2004 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff smelled like pee! I cant believe I actually went thru the whole sample package- I used it day and night for 3 days and I'm still trying to get my face to forgive me. I have combi/oily skin but suddenly my cheeks and mouth area are parched and my undereyes are dry and flakey and they look WRINKLY- and that is *never* ok. Sure, no breakouts, but at the cost of ugly skin? I'm praying to the Estee Lauder Perfectionist god to make it all go away- it took only 6 uses to ruin years of work; hopefully it wont take that long to repair it.

on 2/12/2004 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A sample of this was my first venture into this line, and I don't want to continue. A shame too, since this is probably the best cream that I have ever put on my face. I have never seen such instant results with anything before, my face was instantly brighter. But the horrible smell was enough to turn me away from it for good. This smells like rotting perm solution, and it stays around until you wash it off. So absolutely vile, it literally made me feel sick. I just could not take it, no matter what the results were. I'm glad I didn't purchase it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LLL, Combo-Sensitive-Mild Rosacea>>>I must admit that I am my own "lab-rat" and test many different products due to my neverending quest for the perfect skincare. However, the only reason why I decided to give Hope in a Jar a try was due to Emmy winning Makeup Artist, Kevin Bennett's recommendation on his website or maybe just curiosity? lol! Nevertheless, I am glad I gave it a chance. I found this moisturizer to be medium-thick in texture and very easy to spread. I was also impressed with how quickly to moisturizer sets leaving your skin with a silky-smooth finish that's not greasy. Due to the silicones in this product, you are left with a finish that is perfect for makeup as your skin feels "primed." I do not feel as though this is a miracle in a jar but it is one of the better moisturizers I have tried and I have tried many silicone based moisturizers..I haven't had any breakouts or rebound oiliness with this product. What sets this apart from other silicone moisturizers is that I do not feel as though the silicone is drying out my skin and my skin feels almost "cushy" for lack of a better word. Due to the fact that many people have trouble with silicones, I would suggest trying to score a sample first before buying a full size. Hopefully, you will be as lucky as I was and want a full size. In a nutshell, thumbs up for this moisturizer/primer!

on 9/13/2004 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have never used Philosphy before, and after watching "A day of beauty" on QVC(or was it HSN..) I had to try it. Yes, when you first open the jar, you expect the moisturizing cream to be a cream, not some fluffy half deflated mousse. But after using it for about 3 months now, I have to admit, my skin has improved. Not that I had horrible skin to begin with, it just needed a "boost". I used all the expensive creams from Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden and found out it actually made my skin worse! So all that money wasted--I decided to try out Philosophy. I have to say, I am really impressed. I will continue to use it until my skin tells me not to.

on 7/14/2005 6:40:00 PM

My face is so smooth and clear from using this.
It's light, not greasy and I just happen to love the scent.
Using this along with purity made simple cleanser
has cleared up my spots and rosacea.

on 11/25/2005 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wanted to like this. I really did. But it just doesn't "do" anything. It's an average, everyday moisturizer that just sits there and is blah. It doesn't moisturize my normal skin enough (nor does the dry skin one which I sampled). So I'm going to have to give a big thumbs down on this one.

on 1/28/2006 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first tried this moisturizer when it first came onto the market. I wasn't terribly impressed and didn't repurchase until a few months ago. I thought perhaps the formulation had changed because of the rave reviews beauty editors, Oprah, etc. kept bestowing on Hope in a Jar. I must say, I don't understand what all the hype is about. The stuff smells bad, is too greasy, and doesn't keep my combination skin moisturized throughout the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The smell of this product makes me want to hurl!!!! I don't even know why they continue to sell this stuff, because it is one of the worst smelling products ever!!!!!

It worked great in giving my face a renewed glow due to the lactic acid that's in it and it provided just enough hydration to my face without it being too much. But, the smell of this product is what made me end up throwing this stuff in the trash! Philosophy needs to do something about this product's strong odor. As, the smell of this stuff is a big reason why alot of people try this product and then end up simply returning it or throwing it away.

I have purchased this product a number of times after getting sucked into the hype, when it would come on QVC, as I would buy kits that contained this moisturizer in it, and the smell of this moisturizer has always remained the same. It smells like something that has gotten rotten mixed in with this God awful lavender smell. I cannot for the life of me understand how some people will comment that they don't really notice a smell with this product, or that it smells pleasant to them. Because as soon as you tap off the jar's lid, you are hit smack dab with horrendous smell that doesn't fade away at all.

Please save your money and go with a cream that really woks for your specific skin type and skin needs and that most of all has a truly tolerable scent to it. Please don't waste your hard earned money on this stuff.

on 5/5/2006 11:00:00 AM

Good lord, what the hell is this evil, nasty CRAP-IN-A-JAR?!? It smells EXACTLY like raw sewage, rotten eggs, sour milk, wet dog, VOMIT *and* rancid meat all rolled into one. If that weren't bad enough, it broke me out terribly and aggrivated my rosacea-thank god it was just a smaple!!!
PS: GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!