Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 7/12/2002 10:05:00 AM

I must say that I love this cream with the vitamin c powder mixed in. Together, they work very well on my skin and even out my skin tone. Alone, however, I am not crazy about the cream as much.

on 8/29/2002 11:55:00 AM

Okay, so I didn't buy this product. I received a litle package as a sample at the Philosophy counter. After all the stuff I've read in the mags, I decided to try it. As soon as I opened the packet, the horrible smell got to me. after I put it on my face, the smell almost choked me to death! I had to wash my face for a few times and wait overnight before the smell fades. Yuck!

on 10/22/2002 9:06:00 AM

I really like this moisturizer. It does "drop into your skin like a glass of water" (their description) I find it light, but moisturizing and I love the texture. I've repurchased this for at least four years running!

on 10/28/2002 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately this product caused me to break out in little bumps. It has an odd smell that is unappealing.

on 1/12/2003 10:32:00 AM

Definitely not the worst, but pretty close. The smell knocked me off my feet and I broke out terribly. I just can't use this product. I really wanted to like it because I've heard soooo many great things about it, but it sadly is not for me.

on 1/16/2003 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loved the texture and the way it felt on my skin, but sadly, gives me zits.

I agree with a lot of earlier comments. It has a creamy but light texture and it feels nice on the skin, but it has this AWFUL plastic smell. This product is not so special to make me put up with the smell, so I won't be buying this again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I didn't care for this moisturizer. I found that it 'sat' on top of my combo skine to long and didn't sink in well enough.

on 2/10/2003 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to like this product, but I now prefer the Paula's Choice 1% BHA Lotion. Hope in a Jar separated into a thick cream and oily liquid after about eight months, but I guess that would not be a problem if you use it up before then. :) It is not a bad product, but the PC option is cheaper and MUCH better.

on 3/9/2003 9:46:00 PM

A very nice moisturizer! I wake up w/ soft, smooth, and glowy skin. Another winner from Philosophy. Will buy this one again