Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin and was hoping this would work. Wrong. Payed £39 for something thats super thin, stings my eyes and both drys my skin out, exacerbates my eczema, and gives me spots all at the same time !! What an overhyped disappointment - my £2 Epaderm is better.

on 12/14/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The only hope for hope in a jar (and all varieties of it) is that they change it to hope in a opaque tube in order to preserve the small amount of antioxidants it has. Why so many companies continue to use jars is beyond me; exposing the contents to air--ie OXYGEN--renders ANTIoxidants useless.

Additionally, it contains several potential irritants, including lavender oil, limonene, linalool, geraniol, and parabens. At this price, you're paying a ridiculous amount for nothing except some extra moisture and essentially zero anti-aging or skin-repairing benefits. Plus even with freshly washed hands, you're at risk of contaminating the entire jar. Jar products are excellent mediums to grow bacteria, and it doesn't take much.

With so many affordable options on the market, this one should stay on the shelf. Check out the Olay line, which has whopping doses of skin-repairing niacinamide, and you can get the full line for the same price as one useless no hope in jar.

on 11/8/2016 8:14:00 AM

You guys, I can't even describe how horrible this stuff smells. The closest thing that comes to mind is day-old, dirty dishwater with cheap lemon-scented dish soap. I tried for a few weeks to just use the product and get past the smell but ultimately I had to return. I don't feel like the product was doing much for my skin anyway. I'd recommend you check out the Renewed Hope in a Jar - that one smells much better and has a better consistency.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why all of the negative reviews? This stuff is expensive but very worth it to me. I have very sensitive, oily skin that breaks out real easily and I needed something that would moisturize my skin without leaving it bumpy or greasy. This is it!!!!! I use it 4 times a week morning and night. On the off days I use my medicated Rodan+Fields treatments. The consistency of this is a very light, whip cream texture that seamlessly melts into the skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it is a no no no for me. i applied this at night time. when i woke up in the morning i feel my face so soggy moist. even after i wash my face and do make up like normal (i dont apply hope in a jar in the morning).. a few hours in the office throughout the day my face feels so soggy moist. eewwww. my make up ruin.. it is a very disgusting feel. i tried again another time and the same thing happen. i just cant apply it to my face anymore. it is a no no no product for me. and the smell... ewwww too

on 3/28/2016 7:45:00 PM

Disappointment in a jar.

Got this as a sample. Smells very chemical and awful and has a watery texture. Would never buy it

on 3/25/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample of this which lasted for a couple days with nightly use. I did not particularly like it and will not repurchase. The smell is waaayy too strong and not in a good way. The packaging (I received it in a foil but I know it comes in a jar) is less than ideal. And the price is not right. The ingredients are so-so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love the smell! melts into skin like butter! I've tried the renewed Hope in a Jar, but I like this better!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells just like melted plastic