Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it is a no no no for me. i applied this at night time. when i woke up in the morning i feel my face so soggy moist. even after i wash my face and do make up like normal (i dont apply hope in a jar in the morning).. a few hours in the office throughout the day my face feels so soggy moist. eewwww. my make up ruin.. it is a very disgusting feel. i tried again another time and the same thing happen. i just cant apply it to my face anymore. it is a no no no product for me. and the smell... ewwww too

on 3/28/2016 7:45:00 PM

Disappointment in a jar.

To Read all 1711 Reviews, Login or Join

Got this as a sample. Smells very chemical and awful and has a watery texture. Would never buy it

on 3/25/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample of this which lasted for a couple days with nightly use. I did not particularly like it and will not repurchase. The smell is waaayy too strong and not in a good way. The packaging (I received it in a foil but I know it comes in a jar) is less than ideal. And the price is not right. The ingredients are so-so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love the smell! melts into skin like butter! I've tried the renewed Hope in a Jar, but I like this better!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells just like melted plastic

on 12/9/2015 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This broke me out terribly. I woke up with tiny bumps and super red skin all over my face. I normally don't react to products and don't break out hardly at all, so this was a surprise. I thought about what new products I had tried out and this product was definitely the culprit.

I had a little deluxe sample of this from Sephora, I didn't even use that much but after one application, I knew I'd never buy/use this again. I am wondering what ingredient did this, so that I can stay away from it in the future.

Hi, it look good but did'nt use so can you tell me is it good for all skin type.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got this in a travel size as a gift and was so stoked to try it. I kept it around for a while as I used up other moisturizers, but it was tightly closed with a protective seal on the top. So when I opened it up finally I was surprised to find that it smelled rotten (plastic-y mixed with awful granny perfume) and also that the texture felt weird, like it was separated (it goes on with a watery feeling and then quickly turns balmy and thick). However - after reading reviews I realized THIS IS HOW TJE PRODUCT IS! Sad that my first impression of the product is that it was rotten!

on 11/24/2015 6:45:00 PM

I purchased this hoping it'll be more moisturizing than my clinique dramatically different gel. It worked well. It goes on as a paste feeling then turning into a watery form before being quickly absorbed into my skin. For winter season in Canada, I found that it wasn't moisturizing enough. My skin was still feeling a bit tight after using this.

It has a faint smell. It didn't break me out after using 2 jars of this product.
I'd purchase it again for summer/fall season.