La Prairie Cellular Treatment Gold Illusion Line Filler [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
La Prairie Cellular Treatment Gold Illusion Line Filler [DISCONTINUED]
LP Cellular Treatment Gold Illusion Line FillerLP Cellular Treatment Gold Illusion Line FillerLP Cellular Treatment Gold Illusion Line Filler

INGREDIENTS Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyysilicone-11, Mica, Glycoproteins*, Panax Ginseng Root Extract*, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract*, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelcollagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ursolic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisabolol, Hydrolyzed Fibroin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Cetyl Dimethicone, Water(Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Lecithin, Alcohol, Fragrance(Parfum), Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Gold (CI 77480). (i71)

on 2/3/2016 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product is wonderful I have been using for years and guess what just been told it's no longer available I am gutted
The replacement is not near as good as this illusion and the replacement is three times its price
This is a fantastic product at a very good price

As far as primers are concerned, I'm naturally suspicious. If you need too much correction, then you're taking away from your natural beauty and not enhancing it. That said, I've tried a few, and this, hands down, is the ultimate in primers. For comparison purposes, I've previously tried lesser brands such as Smashbox, Clarins and L'Oreal, but have been disappointed. They all soften the skin, but that's where my experience has ended: lacking. However, with this primer/corrector, what you see is a heavily flecked, deeply shimmering gold product in the jar, yet it has a light texture, and blends to a completely subtle finish. The scent is light, and oddly dries down to something chemical-like. Still, it's not overly bothersome. This, in combination with my EL Futurist foundation in Porcelain is the ultimate in non-dressed, perfectly flawless skin for photographing for publicity and special events. Or, as an alternative, a stunning base for a layer of Givenchy's pressed powder. Does it truly fill in lines?. Response: Is the Moon green?. Rather, it plumps and blurs them. A fantastic skin conditioner and treat, worn alone, too. Just a few drops, and you're as good as you're going to get-comfortable and pampered within your own skin. Luscious. If I had a Lonely Planet version of a Skin Guide, this would be its headlining product. No question on that. Yes, it's expensive, but an investment, and a cult favorite, kinda like daytime equivalent to "Midnight Secret".

on 12/15/2009 9:52:00 AM

I love this product. I tried it at a La Prairie event and it was great -- gave my skin a smooth texture, reduced the appearance of small scars and even moisturized a bit (I get flaky around my chin). I bought it and it's been great ever since.

Here was an unexpected test: one night I went to the pizza shop and caught myself in the mirror and I thought "ew!" my skin appeared mottled and just not nice. So, the next time I was going to the same pizza shop, I applied my Gold Illusion Line Filler and, lo, I looked fine in their mirror -- natural, but smooth and even. All this from just a dab of Gold Illusion. Yes, it does reduce light nose-cheek area redness. (LP counter lady showed me that applying their powder on top of Gold Illusion further decreases redness.)

The price is not bad compared to other LP products, and it does give nice results immediately. I told the counter lady if it had SPF in it, it would be the perfect product.

(Next year I might even buy their very pricey gold serum thingie. I love LP products, but have to take it easy for the sake of my pocketbook. )

on 9/15/2009 11:35:00 AM

If you're over 40, just go buy this. This is the perfect primer if you're a little dry and loosing color in your skin. Don't let the gold appearance fool you. Used correctly (sparingly) no glitter or garish gold appers - only evenly toned skin ready for makeup (or not). I've had no breakouts, oiliness, etc. from this. Just a smooth velvety base that I absolutely adore.

This looks like a heavily gold-flecked product in the container, but I find the final sparkle finish to be non-obtrusive. Worked well on my sensitive skin, which has, in the past, without fail, always reacted to primers from other brands. Skin feels smooth and silky after application. I wear with or without liquid foundation. Or, underneath pressed powder, it's a dream-especially for special events w/flash photography. There's something about the scent that bothers me a little, though. It starts off as pleasant, but then devolves into something a little less appealing. But, I'll forgive it that, for it gives me such a flawless and effortless finish. Love it!.

I just picked up this item at Saks this weekend.
I LOVE it.
My skin is dry and reddish , discolored. My fave SA told me that i may not like the glitter, but I assured her that I had read some reviews about how wonderful it is.
I have worn this under both liquid and powder foundation(LaMer)
My skin looks GREAT with this. I love the look of powder foundation, but usually can't wear it, just settles in every pore, that isn't even large.
And the Lamer is more moisturizing that any other powder foundatin.
But this just makes it even better.
I was able to buy it w/the F&F discount so that saved me a few dollars.
This primer is not heavy feeling the glitter doesn't show thru my foundation, and a little does go along way.
I could see this being worn alone, in the summer if it a casual day and I feel that I don't need any additional foundation.
I will want to see how long it lasts before I decide to buy it again.But so many primers don't work, and I have spent allot of wasted money on these high end primers.
I have used some of the LaPrairie foundations and wasn't thrilled about them. But I think they hit a home run w/this primer.

on 3/15/2009 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Cellular Treatment Gold Illusion Liner Filler is a brand new line filler/ primer from LaPraire. This is another WOW product for a primer junkie like me. This is a new (better IMHO) incarnation of LaPraire's Rose Illusion Line Filler. This one is designed for dry or dull skin as it is not oil free like Rose Illusion (so it doesn't flake or leave any residue). This one is gold-infused and it's designed to fill in fine lines and wrinkles while also hydrating, illuminating, restoring firmness, elasticity and even providing free-radical protection. It provides a lovely, slightly cushiony (line filler) texture and a VERY luminous look under foundation, but it can also be worn alone. For my personal taste, it's just a bit TOO shiny gold sans makeup. But, then again, the gold tint does quite effectively tone down redness so using it alone could work depending on the look you want. It's gentle and feels great on the skin and is non-irritating to my sensitivities and rosacea. It's expensive at $150, but a very little dab (smoothed over moisturizer) goes a long, long way. I use a tiny spatula to access the product as it comes in a jar (this prevents contaminating it with bacteria from my fingers) and I think it's a bit too thick for a pump dispenser (which I'd prefer). I expect it will last for many, many months, but I will rebuy.

Benefits per the website:
- Perfects and illuminates.
- Creates instant skin perfection for smooth makeup application.
- Helps smooth out wrinkles with Marine Collagen Filling Spheres.
- Conditions the skin.
- Creates a silky texture with easily absorbed velvety silicones.
- Helps hydrate and soften with hyaluronic acid and bisabolol.
- La Prairie's exclusive cellular complex of glycoproteins, horsetail extract and ginseng helps moisturize, energize and nourish.