4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I have a question - do you take this nail repair off at any point - or just keep layering as needed?? Silly question - but doesn't seem to be any instructions to go with it???

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Medium

HairGrey

EyesBlue

4 years ago

So I bought the PerfectFix nail repair, but I think it's called NailNurse now. This product is amazing. I had a split in my middle fingernail that went all the way from tip to cuticle. I couldn't grow it out and you could see a visible crack straight down my nail. Whenever my nail white grew out, it would split huge at the crack and chip away and I would have to cut it down so I didn't end up tearing it into the nailved on something. ONE use of Perfect Fix, and my nail started to heal. The white started to grow out and this time, I didn't have to cut it off, the Perfect Fix kept it sealed. Its now been about three weeks and the crack is gone completely. I still use it on all my nails because the protection it gives as a basecoat is awesome. It will leave a fibre texture on your nail because of the nylon fibres in it, but a quick topcoat of either clear or colored lacquer will fix that quick. I seriously hope that Nail Nurse is the same product, just with a different name so I don't have to live without it. Peace.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

8 years ago

It works! Relatively cheap, too. The cap on the bottle is a little crappy, though.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

from

11 years ago

If you have fragile nails, you'll love this. My nails are really soft and thin, so they break, crack, and split very easily. I hate it. I can't keep my nails long at any length past 3mm. I drink my share of milk, and although it strengthens them a little, they still break within a few days (a week, if I'm lucky). The only way I can keep the length is if I get them done at the salon, which can get pretty expensive over time. But the stubbiness just doesn't cut it for me; it's not attractive, not to me anyway. I remember reading a poll on girls and nails and whether guys cared or not, and I believe the majority of them said they didn't. News flash, boys, they aren't done to impress you. At least mine aren't, though I do like to wiggle my fingers in front of the boyfriend and very gayly say, "You liiiike? Aren't they prettty?" Anyway, since I'm usually on the computer for half the day that I'm awake, tapping away with long nails really harms and dulls them. At the moment, I have five nails cracking at the edges, about to be ripped off once it comes in contact with any kind of fabric or hair, whatever it may be. At this point, every thing is a danger to my nails! This witchcraft brand is known is do some pretty amazing things for your nails. I gave it one coat, and it sealed those babies in! It gives you a nice look too, very natural. And if you like a little shine and color, you can use it as a base! It's freakin' awesome! This particular item goes for $5.99 and I believe you can get it almost anywhere.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlack

11 years ago

I am not sure if they are discontinuing this product or simply repackaging the whole line, the company that makes this is called Daree and is based out of Mississauga, Canada. I bought this on clearance at Shoppers Drug Mart but I have see it's sister products like the nail strengthener,etc in new bottles. But I have bought about 3 backups of the nail repair just in case! Nail repair is a whitish basecoat with tiny little nylon fibres in it. They say you can wear it on it's own but the fibres do show up on the nail so I wouldn't recommend it. I have nails that are prone to peeling and I find that when a piece of my nail flakes off this stuff does an excellent job at evening the surface of the nail and stregthening it so that you don't have to keep cutting your nails down every time you get a peel/chip. Also the whitish base works really well underneath sheer, creamy polishes but you do have to apply about 2-3 coats of any colour for it to look even. I like to wait for the Nail Repair to dry a little before apply polish, because of the fibres it does make that coat a lot thicker than a regular basecoat. I then apply 2-3 coats of colour (usually 3 because I like a really even look) and then a good quick dry topcoat (Poshe) that can penetrate all the layers of the polish. This part is really important because some quick dries really only make the surface of the nail dry and then you get dents or sheet marks later. My nails are about short-medium in length right now (I have long nailbeds) and I probably have at least 4 nails that have chipped, peeling layers but you wouldn't be able to tell with my manicure because of Nail Repair! Also, they are really strong while manicured and I can go about my usually routine without the pain of soft, weak nails that keep splitting. The lasting power of my manicures is still ok with a good topcoat and as long as the nailbeds are cleaned before applying. I really hope this isn't discontinued because it's a really unique product from a drugstore brand.

About reviewer (124 reviews)

Age25-29