Ed Hardy Love and Luck

Ed Hardy Love and Luck

3.8

on 12/29/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Love & Luck -- it's far and away my favorite of all the Ed Hardy women's perfumes, which are mostly red fruit-punchy scents. This is the exception. Love & Luck smells like a soft musky vanilla floral, to my nose -- even though it doesn't actually have any vanilla in the note lists below. Not too sweet (fortunately) -- it's light, fresh, and slightly crisp. The drydown on my skin is warm and delicious.

Launched in 2008. Notes, per Fragrantica:

Top notes: bergamot, blood orange and vodka
Middle notes: black currant, pink pepper, nectarine, jasmine and plum
Base notes: musk, cedar, sandalwood and patchouli

Notes per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Bergamot, Blood orange, Red rice wine accord
Heart Notes - Jasmine, Nectarine, Plum, Pink pepper, Black currant
Base Notes - Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cedarwood

Feminine and more subdued & natural-smelling than the other pink/red fruity Ed Hardys -- this one is more skin-like. The scent matches the beige color of the background on the bottle. Has a soft, warm, subtle, sensuous quality -- yet it's fresh & crisp also.

It wears close to skin, and it has a fresh vanilla-musk vibe to me, with nuances of other notes added. I really like it. Being on the neutral, "your-skin-but-better" side, it would be easy to wear as a daytime signature, in any weather, but I like it best in warm weather. There are plenty of bottles for sale right now at my local Marshall's.

on 7/23/2013 6:31:00 PM

This is my HG fragrance. Its a smell that I think wouldn't work well on a lot of people, but it smells nice on my skin. It was about $30 for the bottle which is cheap imo because I got the largest size. I also have a few mini bottles. I can wear this year round. It smells kind of floral. I'm horrible at describing scents but its definitely floral. It lingers all day which is also great. I really like this perfume, although I'm not too thrilled about it being Ed Hardy...

Everyone on the reviews I've been reading has a different take on this perfume. This lady I work with wears this perfume & I loved the way it smelled on her. I didn't even realize it was the same perfume that I've had for about 3 years sitting on my dresser, until she told me she wears this. This perfume smells totally different on me, than on her. I still liked it on me, but it's just a different smell. The lasting power could be improved. I also have Ed Hardy's love kills slowly perfume, & I'm so in love with that one. It smells amazing on me. So, if you didn't like this perfume for whatever reason, try love kills slowly...I think it's better & it gives that "wow" factor, which this one did not. Overall, this isn't the most amazing, noticeable perfume. But, it still smells good & is very casual. I don't think I would buy this again though.

on 8/11/2011 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I don't care what the brand is. When it comes to fragrances, if it smells good, that is ALL THAT MATTERS.
This stuff smells heavenly, that's all. The word that comes to mind (for the olfactory-to-literary type) is Sensual.

It's a very strong scent (lol pungent... with real panther bits).

Right. So, ultimately, there's no sense in reading a review to find the right perfume.

You have to try it (and no, sampling it in store is not enough, you have to walk around for a day or two with it on and see how you feel). Perfumes do NOT smell the same on everyone, and the way they make you feel is such a major element to whether it's right for you. Most days, I feel this perfume "suits" me (and some days I don't!). So, you know... when everything's said and done, reading perfume reviews is kind of useless.

Oh the bottle's pretty too; I like the geisha design and the cream/gold color scheme. It's also kind of heavy (which is a negative bc why a heavy bottle, but also a positive... I feel like heavier items these days can sometimes connote higher quality).

*Also -- someone below me compared the smell of this to "Unforgivable" (Sean John). I wouldn't say they smell alike but they do weirdly remind me of eachother.

on 7/19/2011 10:59:00 AM

I loooove this perfume! It's smells absolutely amazing on me and lasts ALL day and even til the next day. I asked for it on Christmas and got the gift set, then I went out and bought another bottle when i was halfway through the first one so I would never be without it. I could wear it everyday and on special occassions. I honestly feel like it's my signature scent than everyone can link to me. It smells soooo clean and fresh but still has notes of exotic flowers that linger on your skin and clothes so nicely, definitely not strong but i dont know why it lasts so long on me :) I would repurchase again and again until I find another one I like....which I haven't for almost 3 years!!!

on 3/20/2011 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I like this scent. I reminds me of Pac Sun's Tilt. But like that one, this just doesn't last.

on 12/31/2010 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I am obsessed with Ed Hardy. I'm an Ed Hardy freak, to put it simply, haha. I just looooove their stuff! I've been wanting to try their perfume for a while, because if I liked it, it would be a bonus to have the awesome bottle sitting on my dresser.:) Well, it seems that you can get the women's Ed Hardy perfume gift sets at Ulta, but you can only actually spray the men's Ed Hardy perfume. I went to Sephora recently, and saw that you could spray this one on. I've read good reviews before for it here on MUA, so sprayed some on. Well, to me, it was nothing special. I didn't really enjoy it, but didn't hate it either. On me, it was just a middle-of-the-road, unoriginal scent that wasn't really my style. Maybe it would smell better on other people, but it didn't work for me. Oh well! Since perfumes smell different on everyone, you could definitely get a better experience from this than I did. So, I'm not trying to discourage you from buying it, but I'm not highly recommending it either. Sooo...*scratches head*...have a happy new year!:)

on 10/17/2010 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

2 Words: Toilet Water

on 4/11/2010 9:34:00 PM

This has to be one of my favorite fragrances! EVER! I know what ure thinking, Ed Hardy? But LOVE & LUCK is just so amazingly delicious that I just ADORE it! Its nothing like the been done a million times pink strawberry fruity scent that is the original Ed Hardy perfume. Its 100x better and I hope that they never discontinue it!! Its citrusy and fizzy. The pink pepper gives it such a great kick. It sparkles! The blood orange & bergamot in the top notes, SO delicious! Its just a delicious, yummy, fresh and intoxicating fragrance! I absolutely LOVE it!! Its nothing like all those been there done that fruity florals out there. Its just different from what you'd expect a young fragrance to be. I think it will please people of any ages. I could wear it, my mom could wear it, and my grandmother could wear it. Its just FUN in a bottle. Do give it a try! You wont be disappointed! : )

on 4/9/2010 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this scent a lot for spring/summer but my only issue is the staying power. I'm lucky if it last 2hrs on me=( I won't be gettn a bottle due to that.