Ed Hardy Love and Luck

Ed Hardy Love and Luck

3.7

on 8/11/2011 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I don't care what the brand is. When it comes to fragrances, if it smells good, that is ALL THAT MATTERS.
This stuff smells heavenly, that's all. The word that comes to mind (for the olfactory-to-literary type) is Sensual.

It's a very strong scent (lol pungent... with real panther bits).

Right. So, ultimately, there's no sense in reading a review to find the right perfume.

You have to try it (and no, sampling it in store is not enough, you have to walk around for a day or two with it on and see how you feel). Perfumes do NOT smell the same on everyone, and the way they make you feel is such a major element to whether it's right for you. Most days, I feel this perfume "suits" me (and some days I don't!). So, you know... when everything's said and done, reading perfume reviews is kind of useless.

Oh the bottle's pretty too; I like the geisha design and the cream/gold color scheme. It's also kind of heavy (which is a negative bc why a heavy bottle, but also a positive... I feel like heavier items these days can sometimes connote higher quality).

*Also -- someone below me compared the smell of this to "Unforgivable" (Sean John). I wouldn't say they smell alike but they do weirdly remind me of eachother.

on 2/27/2012 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Like a few other reviewers, this is something that I might pretend to "forget" what I am wearing if someone asked. I think it's the Jersey Shore/DB-bonanza that the tattoo community associates with the ED Hardy brand. But, at the same time, if I like something, I'm gonna wear it, gosh darn it. I get SO MANY compliments on this. Fruits and most florals smell TERRIBLE on me, but this has enough spice to make it work with my chemistry. It just smells sunny and clean, nothing like the other ED Farty scents. It's also becoming harder to find, but you can get some great deals online.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I didn't buy this exact product or the product at all. My brothers girlfriend however picked up love & luck for men by accident not knowing it was a mens cologne. It comes in a similar bottle but blue. The scent smells a little spicy and we had no clue it was a mens cologne till I was near a man who happened to be wearing it. I must say that this scent could by a unisex fragrance. I think it smells sexy and is more of a female fragrance than a males. I don't know if it is the same for all male ed hardy products but the oils in this cologne are way better than that of the ed hardys female products. This cologne lasted on me for the whole day and then some the next day. It smells amazing i recommend it for girls!

on 4/11/2010 9:34:00 PM

This has to be one of my favorite fragrances! EVER! I know what ure thinking, Ed Hardy? But LOVE & LUCK is just so amazingly delicious that I just ADORE it! Its nothing like the been done a million times pink strawberry fruity scent that is the original Ed Hardy perfume. Its 100x better and I hope that they never discontinue it!! Its citrusy and fizzy. The pink pepper gives it such a great kick. It sparkles! The blood orange & bergamot in the top notes, SO delicious! Its just a delicious, yummy, fresh and intoxicating fragrance! I absolutely LOVE it!! Its nothing like all those been there done that fruity florals out there. Its just different from what you'd expect a young fragrance to be. I think it will please people of any ages. I could wear it, my mom could wear it, and my grandmother could wear it. Its just FUN in a bottle. Do give it a try! You wont be disappointed! : )

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If anyone asks me what I'm wearing I would never admit that I'm wearing Ed Hardy because of the image associated with the brand, but this fragrance is beautiful. On my skin it opens up fresh and fruity and dries down with an almost soapy scent. The scent is subtle but long lasting and clean smelling. The bottle IMO is hideously ugly, but that won't deter me from keeping this in constant rotation in my collection.

on 9/15/2010 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I find this perfume very interesting. It isn't feminine and it isn't beautiful either, but I still like this scent. I believe this scent is someone who might be a feminist, or even a tomboy if you will. I think it's for a girl who is expressive, free and like to live life on the edge. This perfume is definitely not for the girly-girls or the high maintenance.

How could I explain the scent...It's some what salty smelling like the smell of sand from the beach...It is not fruity and it is not sweet. When you first spray the perfume, it may smell like bug spray, but once you give it alittle time to let it sink into your skin, it smells much more wonderful and definitely has character. It's a natural kind of smell. It doesn't even smell like perfume. Smells like clean skin or hair after a shower without smelling soapy.

I don't think this perfume is a confidence booster like some other perfumes, but I really think this perfume can really stand out if a person with confidence to begin with, wore this. If you are a free-spirited, confident and natural kind of girl/women, you should give this perfume a try and see if you like it but! remember to let it sink into your skin before you decide if you like it or not.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

After YEARS of searching for this perfume everytime I'm in the perfume section of a store, I finally found it at a nearby flea market.
I paid $35 for the 1.7 oz bottle and it was worth every penny. I can't stop smelling my self, literally. This scent takes me back to when I was 16 and didn't have a care in the world.

A lot of reviews say that his perfume smells like citrus and vanilla but I get strong notes of cinnamon and I'm not sure why! My husband says it smells like oranges and flowers to him so I don't know what that's about. I'm just hoping the flea market near me will still have it in stock when I run out!

Everyone on the reviews I've been reading has a different take on this perfume. This lady I work with wears this perfume & I loved the way it smelled on her. I didn't even realize it was the same perfume that I've had for about 3 years sitting on my dresser, until she told me she wears this. This perfume smells totally different on me, than on her. I still liked it on me, but it's just a different smell. The lasting power could be improved. I also have Ed Hardy's love kills slowly perfume, & I'm so in love with that one. It smells amazing on me. So, if you didn't like this perfume for whatever reason, try love kills slowly...I think it's better & it gives that "wow" factor, which this one did not. Overall, this isn't the most amazing, noticeable perfume. But, it still smells good & is very casual. I don't think I would buy this again though.

On me, this smells like cream with cinnamon added. It is absolutely lovely...on me. On my DD...oh dear Lord its a train wreck, it smells almost dirty, and not in a good way. I let a few other women try it and I have noticed that those over 40 it smelled divine, but under 30 it really reeked. Go figure...but my DH loves it on me, so yes, I will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hm. I'm sort of on the fence with this perfume. First of all, I don't hate it, loathe it, consider it vile. No. It's not bad. Quite nice, in its own odd way.

Many other reviewers mentioned coconut, and I concur. However, the overriding sensation is that I just bathed in a huge tub of pia colada (which I am sure is SOMEONE's fantasy, just not mine). There should be a little paper umbrella sticking out of my head right now. So it smells ... nice, but honestly, I don't want to walk around smelling like a tropical drink.

I'm curious as to why this type of fragrance was chosen for this particular label. The tattoo-inspired packaging is tough yet artistic, and inside it's Girls Gone Wild! Unless the suggestion is that said girl went wild with pia coladas and being extremely smashed got a tattoo.

Not bad, but a bit too foodie for my taste.

Popular Fragrances