Ed Hardy Love and Luck

Ed Hardy Love and Luck

4.2

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

After YEARS of searching for this perfume everytime I'm in the perfume section of a store, I finally found it at a nearby flea market.
I paid $35 for the 1.7 oz bottle and it was worth every penny. I can't stop smelling my self, literally. This scent takes me back to when I was 16 and didn't have a care in the world.

A lot of reviews say that his perfume smells like citrus and vanilla but I get strong notes of cinnamon and I'm not sure why! My husband says it smells like oranges and flowers to him so I don't know what that's about. I'm just hoping the flea market near me will still have it in stock when I run out!

on 7/23/2013 6:31:00 PM

This is my HG fragrance. Its a smell that I think wouldn't work well on a lot of people, but it smells nice on my skin. It was about $30 for the bottle which is cheap imo because I got the largest size. I also have a few mini bottles. I can wear this year round. It smells kind of floral. I'm horrible at describing scents but its definitely floral. It lingers all day which is also great. I really like this perfume, although I'm not too thrilled about it being Ed Hardy...

Everyone on the reviews I've been reading has a different take on this perfume. This lady I work with wears this perfume & I loved the way it smelled on her. I didn't even realize it was the same perfume that I've had for about 3 years sitting on my dresser, until she told me she wears this. This perfume smells totally different on me, than on her. I still liked it on me, but it's just a different smell. The lasting power could be improved. I also have Ed Hardy's love kills slowly perfume, & I'm so in love with that one. It smells amazing on me. So, if you didn't like this perfume for whatever reason, try love kills slowly...I think it's better & it gives that "wow" factor, which this one did not. Overall, this isn't the most amazing, noticeable perfume. But, it still smells good & is very casual. I don't think I would buy this again though.

on 8/11/2011 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I don't care what the brand is. When it comes to fragrances, if it smells good, that is ALL THAT MATTERS.
This stuff smells heavenly, that's all. The word that comes to mind (for the olfactory-to-literary type) is Sensual.

It's a very strong scent (lol pungent... with real panther bits).

Right. So, ultimately, there's no sense in reading a review to find the right perfume.

You have to try it (and no, sampling it in store is not enough, you have to walk around for a day or two with it on and see how you feel). Perfumes do NOT smell the same on everyone, and the way they make you feel is such a major element to whether it's right for you. Most days, I feel this perfume "suits" me (and some days I don't!). So, you know... when everything's said and done, reading perfume reviews is kind of useless.

Oh the bottle's pretty too; I like the geisha design and the cream/gold color scheme. It's also kind of heavy (which is a negative bc why a heavy bottle, but also a positive... I feel like heavier items these days can sometimes connote higher quality).

*Also -- someone below me compared the smell of this to "Unforgivable" (Sean John). I wouldn't say they smell alike but they do weirdly remind me of eachother.

on 7/19/2011 10:59:00 AM

I loooove this perfume! It's smells absolutely amazing on me and lasts ALL day and even til the next day. I asked for it on Christmas and got the gift set, then I went out and bought another bottle when i was halfway through the first one so I would never be without it. I could wear it everyday and on special occassions. I honestly feel like it's my signature scent than everyone can link to me. It smells soooo clean and fresh but still has notes of exotic flowers that linger on your skin and clothes so nicely, definitely not strong but i dont know why it lasts so long on me :) I would repurchase again and again until I find another one I like....which I haven't for almost 3 years!!!

on 9/15/2010 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I find this perfume very interesting. It isn't feminine and it isn't beautiful either, but I still like this scent. I believe this scent is someone who might be a feminist, or even a tomboy if you will. I think it's for a girl who is expressive, free and like to live life on the edge. This perfume is definitely not for the girly-girls or the high maintenance.

How could I explain the scent...It's some what salty smelling like the smell of sand from the beach...It is not fruity and it is not sweet. When you first spray the perfume, it may smell like bug spray, but once you give it alittle time to let it sink into your skin, it smells much more wonderful and definitely has character. It's a natural kind of smell. It doesn't even smell like perfume. Smells like clean skin or hair after a shower without smelling soapy.

I don't think this perfume is a confidence booster like some other perfumes, but I really think this perfume can really stand out if a person with confidence to begin with, wore this. If you are a free-spirited, confident and natural kind of girl/women, you should give this perfume a try and see if you like it but! remember to let it sink into your skin before you decide if you like it or not.

on 4/11/2010 9:34:00 PM

This has to be one of my favorite fragrances! EVER! I know what ure thinking, Ed Hardy? But LOVE & LUCK is just so amazingly delicious that I just ADORE it! Its nothing like the been done a million times pink strawberry fruity scent that is the original Ed Hardy perfume. Its 100x better and I hope that they never discontinue it!! Its citrusy and fizzy. The pink pepper gives it such a great kick. It sparkles! The blood orange & bergamot in the top notes, SO delicious! Its just a delicious, yummy, fresh and intoxicating fragrance! I absolutely LOVE it!! Its nothing like all those been there done that fruity florals out there. Its just different from what you'd expect a young fragrance to be. I think it will please people of any ages. I could wear it, my mom could wear it, and my grandmother could wear it. Its just FUN in a bottle. Do give it a try! You wont be disappointed! : )

on 3/31/2010 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This perfume reminds me of a slightly lighter, cleaner version of Victoria's Secret "Love Spell" mixed with a hint of Ivory soap. It's different but not displeasing. This one seems hard to completely pin down though, since everyone seems to get a bit of a different scent when they smell it. It's not going to last all day but that's ok, it lasts as long as your average perfume. It's a nice light scent for summer. I'll probably buy it again, but the bottle is huge so the odds of me running out anytime soon are pretty slim.

I absolutely LOVE this perfume. I am sorta addicted to the smell I think- so fresh and summery, reminds me of the beach and tanning and coconuts. This is my standby fragrance, something I could wear every single day. The problem is, like other reviewers said, it does not last long at ALL! It is very light even when you first spray it on and then it fades in about an hour so you can barely even smell it. I actually am okay with this. I am very sensitive to strong smells so I can't wear a lot of perfumes or they give me a headache. I can wear this one all the time, it is so soft and light that I never get a headache and it doesn't bother me all day. I wouldn't suggest getting this if you want to be able to smell your perfume all day, though, but it works for me. A little on the spendy side but totally worth it for how it makes me feel. Love love love! I will always have a bottle of this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love the fragrance itself - it is perfect for spring (something fresh, cool, sweet and bright to lift us out of the winter sleep) and even summer. On me, it smells exactly like Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment. A nice lemony, sugary dessert.

The biggest flaw, I find, is that it does not last as long as I'd like. It fades after only a little while. This makes me sad because I really want it to last on me.

I've had the same bottle since 2009 and I'm just at the bottom of the product now. However, I do not wear it every day, maybe a couple times a week, more often in the spring and summer.

I normally wouldn't repurchase (I bought it in Canada) because where my home is, it was $60. However my husband is in the military in the states (where I was born) and on base I can buy it for $20.

Popular Fragrances