TheBalm DownBoy

TheBalm DownBoy
theBalm Down Boy

4.6

Mica (CI 77019), Boron Nitrate, Polyethylene, PTFE, Isoeicosane, Silica, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77492)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a sweet mid toned pink with a cool undertone. I love theBalm blushes, the quality is always there. They are finely milled and have great staying power. I wore this blush a lot during this last spring. It goes well with any look, especially if you like to wear cool toned colors. The color was a little brighter than it looks online, so I have to use a lighter hand with it or I will look feverish. This blush probably isn't the best for those have a lot of redness going on. Otherwise, a really great quality blush that I can recommend to almost anyone.

on 6/15/2017 1:46:00 PM

Very pigmented, looks pretty and natural. A little goes a long way. Lasts quite well. Cute packaging as always with theBalm products.

on 5/18/2017 12:58:00 AM

I am a huge fan of TheBalm, I have at least 15 products, and have never been disappointed in anything I have purchased, and this blush is no exception. Down boy is a great universal shade I think anyone can wear, it's not too warm or cool, its not too shimmery, or too matte, and its the perfect mauvy/pink..it has great wear time, and for $22 you get a ton of product from a company that's cruelty free, the products are talc free and paraben free..win win.

on 10/16/2016 11:25:00 AM

Amazing product. Very pigmented, stays on for an entire day, looks natural. Have been using it almost daily for maybe 9 months and it doesn´t even look like I´ve used any of it so I believe it will last a very long time. Got it as a gift but would definately buy it again when it runs out.

No cons!

on 10/1/2016 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My go to blush for everyday. It's such a nice matte pink. I purchased for half off, I'm not sure I would pay full price however.

on 8/19/2016 2:11:00 PM

MY FAVORITE BLUSH EVER. Beautiful color! Perfect for the no-makeup makeup look. Has excellent lasting power, and is very pigmented. A little goes along way though.

on 6/27/2016 8:20:00 PM

I have been searching for a good matte pink blush and I found it. Down Boy is amazing. It's a simple matte pink but when applied it's amazing. I am very fair skinned and it's hard for me to wear blush without looking like a creepy baby doll with bright rosey cheeks. I have loved NARS desire forever but it's expensive and you have to be very light handed. This blush was $8 on hautelook.com. The color is pigmented but it blends out beautifully. This would look good on anyone. I am so happy I bought this blush. I wish I would have bought the other shades offered because I am in love with this formula. It's a winner for me.

on 4/26/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this blush off of r/makeupexchange. It's probably about 3-4 years old, but it looks practically new, and I don't mind because powder makeup basically lasts forever unless you kept it in unsanitary environment.

That said, I am ABSOLUTELY in LOVE with this blush.

My skin color: neutral undertone, yellow overtone (asian), muted olive. Around NC15, but more to the neutral side.

Blush color: GORGEOUS soft, baby pink. Leaning more to the cool side. Gives me the most cutest flush. I love that it's not just a straight up purely one color (compared to my indie blushes), it looks like a mix of this and that, which makes for a more complex, light pinkish color. I always thought I can't pull off pink blushes, but I think this and colors like theBalm Lace (blue-based pinks) looks so fresh and great on nearly everyone. It's a GREAT everyday blush for me.

Texture: BUTTAHhhhhhhh. Super finely milled, buttery, soft. Like all the other TheBalm powders.

Packaging: I'm a total egg sucker for thebalm packaging!! I love the vintage vibe. It comes in a cute little cardboard thing, with a magnet inside. It's a flip-open and I personally would feel that it's safe enough for travel for me.

Staying Power: Out of this world. In space. Okay, not really, but really, really long lasting. It's there until I take off my makeup at night. I have dry skin though, so keep that in mind. I usually have problems with lighter shades staying on my cheeks, but this one has no problemo.

Cost: $21/9.9 g Yes, there are a ton of blush in there. Most powder blushes come in like, 4.5-6 grams, so they're giving you a whole lot more. But nonetheless, I'm a huge cheapo so I personally wouldn't pay full price for these babies, no matter how awesome they are/ I just don't like to spend more than $20 on a single product is all.. I advise that you get it half-off on hautelook sale or on thebalm.com, or get a lightly used/new one on makeupexchange reddit at your own risk.

Bonus: no fragrance here! Sensitive skinned ladies and gents, rejoice!

I'm a blush girl and this is probably my favorite blush out of all the blushes I own! I would definitely replace it if I lose it somehow or use it up.

Edit 9/3/2016: This has become my FAVORITE blush out of everything i own and have tried. So natural and soft and feminine looking. I didn't think my yellow olive skin would go nicely with such a blue based color but it's amazing!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this blush along with bahama mama bronzer/contour and I love both. I'm very impressed with the balm products. This blush is amazing and looks so great on my fair skin. Its a matte pink shade that doesn't go on to barbie or clown like. I only need to use a tiny amount and a little goes a long way. Very pigmented and long lasting! Never had a problem with it fading. Also it has no shimmer. I'm over blushes with shimmer/sheen atm. Packaging is the normal cute retro style. Cardboard that gets dirty easy and u don't recommend putting this in your purse everyday. In my opinion I love the packaging but I can see how it would bother some. Anyways I'm hooked and will definitely use this blush all up. I would repurchase definitely, but I know there's a few blushes I would like to try next so it may be awhile but I can see myself coming back to this.

It is a pretty cool toned Barbie pink, and it is matte. You can use it with every makeup and it looks natural. It is very very pigmented. And lasts all day.

Popular Blush Products