TheBalm DownBoy

TheBalm DownBoy
theBalm Down Boy

4.6

Mica (CI 77019), Boron Nitrate, Polyethylene, PTFE, Isoeicosane, Silica, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77492)

on 3/7/2018 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

New holy grail!!! Loved it! It fit my neutral tone fair vanilla skin perfectly! It’s so soft and beautiful I seriously had fallen for the shade. Though it gives a matte finish it’s in NO WAY flat, it’ll give you a sexy cute flushed look and such a healthy glow... day to night!! Btw fave packaging out of all the blushes, sexy/funny/elegant style.... just like what the blush gives you!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a sweet mid toned pink with a cool undertone. I love theBalm blushes, the quality is always there. They are finely milled and have great staying power. I wore this blush a lot during this last spring. It goes well with any look, especially if you like to wear cool toned colors. The color was a little brighter than it looks online, so I have to use a lighter hand with it or I will look feverish. This blush probably isn't the best for those have a lot of redness going on. Otherwise, a really great quality blush that I can recommend to almost anyone.

on 6/15/2017 1:46:00 PM

Very pigmented, looks pretty and natural. A little goes a long way. Lasts quite well. Cute packaging as always with theBalm products.

on 5/18/2017 12:58:00 AM

I am a huge fan of TheBalm, I have at least 15 products, and have never been disappointed in anything I have purchased, and this blush is no exception. Down boy is a great universal shade I think anyone can wear, it's not too warm or cool, its not too shimmery, or too matte, and its the perfect mauvy/pink..it has great wear time, and for $22 you get a ton of product from a company that's cruelty free, the products are talc free and paraben free..win win.

on 10/16/2016 11:25:00 AM

Amazing product. Very pigmented, stays on for an entire day, looks natural. Have been using it almost daily for maybe 9 months and it doesn´t even look like I´ve used any of it so I believe it will last a very long time. Got it as a gift but would definately buy it again when it runs out.

No cons!

on 10/1/2016 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My go to blush for everyday. It's such a nice matte pink. I purchased for half off, I'm not sure I would pay full price however.

on 8/19/2016 2:11:00 PM

MY FAVORITE BLUSH EVER. Beautiful color! Perfect for the no-makeup makeup look. Has excellent lasting power, and is very pigmented. A little goes along way though.

on 6/27/2016 8:20:00 PM

I have been searching for a good matte pink blush and I found it. Down Boy is amazing. It's a simple matte pink but when applied it's amazing. I am very fair skinned and it's hard for me to wear blush without looking like a creepy baby doll with bright rosey cheeks. I have loved NARS desire forever but it's expensive and you have to be very light handed. This blush was $8 on hautelook.com. The color is pigmented but it blends out beautifully. This would look good on anyone. I am so happy I bought this blush. I wish I would have bought the other shades offered because I am in love with this formula. It's a winner for me.

on 4/26/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this blush off of r/makeupexchange. It's probably about 3-4 years old, but it looks practically new, and I don't mind because powder makeup basically lasts forever unless you kept it in unsanitary environment.

That said, I am ABSOLUTELY in LOVE with this blush.

My skin color: neutral undertone, yellow overtone (asian), muted olive. Around NC15, but more to the neutral side.

Blush color: GORGEOUS soft, baby pink. Leaning more to the cool side. Gives me the most cutest flush. I love that it's not just a straight up purely one color (compared to my indie blushes), it looks like a mix of this and that, which makes for a more complex, light pinkish color. I always thought I can't pull off pink blushes, but I think this and colors like theBalm Lace (blue-based pinks) looks so fresh and great on nearly everyone. It's a GREAT everyday blush for me.

Texture: BUTTAHhhhhhhh. Super finely milled, buttery, soft. Like all the other TheBalm powders.

Packaging: I'm a total egg sucker for thebalm packaging!! I love the vintage vibe. It comes in a cute little cardboard thing, with a magnet inside. It's a flip-open and I personally would feel that it's safe enough for travel for me.

Staying Power: Out of this world. In space. Okay, not really, but really, really long lasting. It's there until I take off my makeup at night. I have dry skin though, so keep that in mind. I usually have problems with lighter shades staying on my cheeks, but this one has no problemo.

Cost: $21/9.9 g Yes, there are a ton of blush in there. Most powder blushes come in like, 4.5-6 grams, so they're giving you a whole lot more. But nonetheless, I'm a huge cheapo so I personally wouldn't pay full price for these babies, no matter how awesome they are/ I just don't like to spend more than $20 on a single product is all.. I advise that you get it half-off on hautelook sale or on thebalm.com, or get a lightly used/new one on makeupexchange reddit at your own risk.

Bonus: no fragrance here! Sensitive skinned ladies and gents, rejoice!

I'm a blush girl and this is probably my favorite blush out of all the blushes I own! I would definitely replace it if I lose it somehow or use it up.

Edit 9/3/2016: This has become my FAVORITE blush out of everything i own and have tried. So natural and soft and feminine looking. I didn't think my yellow olive skin would go nicely with such a blue based color but it's amazing!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got this blush along with bahama mama bronzer/contour and I love both. I'm very impressed with the balm products. This blush is amazing and looks so great on my fair skin. Its a matte pink shade that doesn't go on to barbie or clown like. I only need to use a tiny amount and a little goes a long way. Very pigmented and long lasting! Never had a problem with it fading. Also it has no shimmer. I'm over blushes with shimmer/sheen atm. Packaging is the normal cute retro style. Cardboard that gets dirty easy and u don't recommend putting this in your purse everyday. In my opinion I love the packaging but I can see how it would bother some. Anyways I'm hooked and will definitely use this blush all up. I would repurchase definitely, but I know there's a few blushes I would like to try next so it may be awhile but I can see myself coming back to this.