TheBalm DownBoy

TheBalm DownBoy
theBalm Down Boy

4.6

Mica (CI 77019), Boron Nitrate, Polyethylene, PTFE, Isoeicosane, Silica, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77492)

on 10/16/2016 11:25:00 AM

Amazing product. Very pigmented, stays on for an entire day, looks natural. Have been using it almost daily for maybe 9 months and it doesn´t even look like I´ve used any of it so I believe it will last a very long time. Got it as a gift but would definately buy it again when it runs out.

No cons!

on 10/1/2016 11:09:00 PM

My go to blush for everyday. It's such a nice matte pink. I purchased for half off, I'm not sure I would pay full price however.

on 8/19/2016 2:11:00 PM

MY FAVORITE BLUSH EVER. Beautiful color! Perfect for the no-makeup makeup look. Has excellent lasting power, and is very pigmented. A little goes along way though.

on 6/27/2016 8:20:00 PM

I have been searching for a good matte pink blush and I found it. Down Boy is amazing. It's a simple matte pink but when applied it's amazing. I am very fair skinned and it's hard for me to wear blush without looking like a creepy baby doll with bright rosey cheeks. I have loved NARS desire forever but it's expensive and you have to be very light handed. This blush was $8 on hautelook.com. The color is pigmented but it blends out beautifully. This would look good on anyone. I am so happy I bought this blush. I wish I would have bought the other shades offered because I am in love with this formula. It's a winner for me.

on 4/26/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this blush off of r/makeupexchange. It's probably about 3-4 years old, but it looks practically new, and I don't mind because powder makeup basically lasts forever unless you kept it in unsanitary environment.

That said, I am ABSOLUTELY in LOVE with this blush.

My skin color: neutral undertone, yellow overtone (asian), muted olive. Around NC15, but more to the neutral side.

Blush color: GORGEOUS soft, baby pink. Leaning more to the cool side. Gives me the most cutest flush. I love that it's not just a straight up purely one color (compared to my indie blushes), it looks like a mix of this and that, which makes for a more complex, light pinkish color. I always thought I can't pull off pink blushes, but I think this and colors like theBalm Lace (blue-based pinks) looks so fresh and great on nearly everyone. It's a GREAT everyday blush for me.

Texture: BUTTAHhhhhhhh. Super finely milled, buttery, soft. Like all the other TheBalm powders.

Packaging: I'm a total egg sucker for thebalm packaging!! I love the vintage vibe. It comes in a cute little cardboard thing, with a magnet inside. It's a flip-open and I personally would feel that it's safe enough for travel for me.

Staying Power: Out of this world. In space. Okay, not really, but really, really long lasting. It's there until I take off my makeup at night. I have dry skin though, so keep that in mind. I usually have problems with lighter shades staying on my cheeks, but this one has no problemo.

Cost: $21/9.9 g Yes, there are a ton of blush in there. Most powder blushes come in like, 4.5-6 grams, so they're giving you a whole lot more. But nonetheless, I'm a huge cheapo so I personally wouldn't pay full price for these babies, no matter how awesome they are/ I just don't like to spend more than $20 on a single product is all.. I advise that you get it half-off on hautelook sale or on thebalm.com, or get a lightly used/new one on makeupexchange reddit at your own risk.

Bonus: no fragrance here! Sensitive skinned ladies and gents, rejoice!

I'm a blush girl and this is probably my favorite blush out of all the blushes I own! I would definitely replace it if I lose it somehow or use it up.

Edit 9/3/2016: This has become my FAVORITE blush out of everything i own and have tried. So natural and soft and feminine looking. I didn't think my yellow olive skin would go nicely with such a blue based color but it's amazing!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this blush along with bahama mama bronzer/contour and I love both. I'm very impressed with the balm products. This blush is amazing and looks so great on my fair skin. Its a matte pink shade that doesn't go on to barbie or clown like. I only need to use a tiny amount and a little goes a long way. Very pigmented and long lasting! Never had a problem with it fading. Also it has no shimmer. I'm over blushes with shimmer/sheen atm. Packaging is the normal cute retro style. Cardboard that gets dirty easy and u don't recommend putting this in your purse everyday. In my opinion I love the packaging but I can see how it would bother some. Anyways I'm hooked and will definitely use this blush all up. I would repurchase definitely, but I know there's a few blushes I would like to try next so it may be awhile but I can see myself coming back to this.

It is a pretty cool toned Barbie pink, and it is matte. You can use it with every makeup and it looks natural. It is very very pigmented. And lasts all day.

on 3/10/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love this blush. It is beautiful on pale skin. Now that I live in Southern California I do not reach for this as much (I have given into peer pressure and now go for a more glowy/ bronzy cheek color). But regardless, whenever I want to accentuate my fair skin and go for a youthful, fresh blush color this is the one I pick. Unlike most pale blushes, it is pigmented, making it easy to work with. My old favorite light pink blush, Benefit Danelion, I would have to layer on multiple times before I got the effect I wanted. Also the longevity of this blush (and all from the balm I have tried) is very good, it lasts on my face the longest of all the blushes in my collection.

on 8/25/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely a great blush. VERY pigmented so be careful. Perfect for all seasons, for summer and spring I do more bronzing all over and a little or this blush, and for winter I do more contouring and a bit more blush to make my cheeks look a bit flushed. This is a very pinky rose color that is that perfect blushing shade. Even if you apply a little more it's okay because it's like a your cheeks but better kind of blush. The only downside is that I have other blushes that I find blend better. Not that this doesn't blend well. I just prefer others. For those that want something that will make them look like they have been in the sun a bit, go for a redder toned blush. This blush is for those that want to look like they are blushing. The only reason I say I would not repurchase is because I don't think I will ever run out of it. So pigmented! Also thebalm packaging is always amazing.

Very pigmented. The best blush out of the three (vs CabanaBoy and DownBoy), lasting power isn't so great but the color is lovely!