CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
Hydrating CleanserHydrating Cleanser

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 4/17/2019 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after my face was flaring up from using too many active ingredients. It's not effective after using a cleansing balm and removing the left over make up residue, but is great for washing your face in the morning. It doesn't foam up, therefore doesn't dry or affect the skin barrier and react to my skin. It leaves the skin hydrated. Great for the price!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am so happy I found this! Everyone's skin is different. Mine is combination leaning more toward the dry side lately. I just got this so it may be early to review but so far I love it! Usually I use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser but I was just looking to change things up and I've read so much about hyaluronic acid (which is in high end products) so I had to try this. This feels like a gel-lotion and like it is literally babying your skin as you apply it. I used Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton round to remove most of my makeup first but there were remnants of eye makeup left (I can't use micellar water on my eyes as it makes them sting). I was surprised that the Cerave actually removed my eye makeup without irritating my super sensitive eyes!

I have actually found a great skin care routine with Garnier Micellar Water (pink cap), Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, and Garnier Moisture Bomb. These products just might be my new HG.

This is my go to cleanser. Its the only Cleanser that makes my face look fresh and doesn’t break me out. I love how my face feels after using it. Its a simple cleanser that I continue repurchasing!

Same as the foaming cleanser, does nothing good for my skin. People get rid of acne with CeraVe products but I don't even have acne, my skin is not sensitive and still this doesn't clean my face at all, only causes pimples. This just shows how different our skins are. I won't be purchasing CeraVe again because it simply doesn't work for me.

I love this cleanser. After trying another Cleanser from Cerave (I think it was the one for normal skin) and the Simple Foaming Cleanser (both recommended on Beautypedia), I decided to give this hydrating cleanser from Cerave a try since I found the other two to drying and harsh on my somewhat sensitive skin. I have repurchased this hydrating cleanser many times since, it is an HG skincare product for me.

on 4/1/2019 3:09:00 PM

I just don’t feel my face clean after using this product. I used it as a double cleanse. However it leaves my skin smooth

on 3/19/2019 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My skin has become very sensitive and prone to redness and irritation. I have a very oily tzone, normal cheeks, tendency to be dehydrated all over, and clogged pores if I don't stay on top of my skin care regimen (forehead/nose/chin). I double cleanse with this but I have mix in an physical exfoliator or I experience clogged pores.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using the hydrating cleanser and after one use my face has been red, swollen under my eyes, peeling every where and ugh it's soooooo dry. I have NEVER had this dry of skin. I used two new products and was convinced it was the other (the other is an acne spot treatment) stopped that, it's been over a week now and I was still using the hydrating cleanser and just thought it was taking a while for my skin to heal from the acne treatment. But by reading other comments I'm going to stop using today because im 99.9% positive it is this! I just figured the bottle claims it's for sensitive skin and how great it is. I've never had problems with something meant for sensitive skin...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My skin is not especially sensitive, but this stung quite badly; cleansing shouldn't hurt, so I can't recommend it. I've done very well with CeraVe's gel cleansers, however.

on 2/26/2019 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I never leave reviews, but I came out of the shadows i lurk in, because I really love this product! I have typically clear combo skin with the hormonal acne from hell caused by my birth control at the moment, and this is the only thing that hasn't angered the beast. I just finished the bottle, and I will be repurchasing asap. I like it because I tend to get whiteheads that sit just deep enough that I can't extract them without scarring. This product softens the skin enough that I can just gently massage them away without damaging my annoying baby skin. That. Never. Happens. Sorry if that's gross, but I felt like more people should know it does that lol
It can be feel a little irritating in more sensitive areas as others mentioned, but again it's not damaging my skin, so I don't mind it.
No, it won't completely remove your makeup, and if you're looking for that squeaky clean feeling this product is not for you, but I never really expect that of a hydrating cleanser anyway. I usually just do a quick swipe with micellar water followed by this stuff and I feel nice and clean, but not stripped. Hydration is key in my dry ass Colorado city, so I don't mind that it leaves that 'film' some people complained of. I'll take all the extra moisture I can get. If you live somewhere dry, and birth control is ruining your life, it's worth a shot. Plus, it's a generous amount of product for the price!