My Beauty Diary Aloe Sheet Mask

My Beauty Diary Aloe Sheet Mask

3.9

Purified water, Propylene-Glycol, 1.3-Butylene Glycol, Hyaluronic Acid, Algae-Yeast complex, Milk protein, Glycerine, Nanospheres, Aloe Extract, Mulberry, Albumin, Collagen, Kiwi, Bearberry, Lemon, Rosehip, L-Ascorbic acid, Bio-active Silanols, Mucopolysaccharides, Vitamin E Acetate, Squalane, Methyl Paraben, Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Butyl Paraben, Ethyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Dimethicone, Tween-20, Lactamide

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite flavor from MBD (followed by hyaluronic & apple). Decent hydrating face mask, not something too rich until my skin can't handle & breakout in pimples. Maybe this mask isn't enough hydrating/moisturizing if you have dry/very dry skin. I have combo-oily clogged & acne prone skin.

I usually use MBD sheet mask on my 3step masking routine (twice per month).
- I will use multiple DIY clay mask first
- Wash my face & swipe acid toner (10% AHA) wait for 5mins then spray thermal water
- Then I use this MBD mask. I put it in the fridge. So soothing. Leave it for 15-20mins. I skip hydrating toner
- Serum followed by face oil
- Hydrating sleeping mask

What I love about this mask:
- thin sheets. Not picking on my undereye area
- plentyyyy of essences. I put the remaining on face, my neck, decolette
- pleasant smell

on 12/24/2016 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This mask received such great reviews here on MUA and on other blogs. I was so excited to it after my weekly peel to nourish and hydrate my skin. Unfortunately, when I opened the mask there where black dots everywhere. I had used several other MBD masks in other "flavours" and they did not have black dots so I threw the mask away. I'm apprehensive to repurchase this mask to try it.

on 12/20/2014 4:38:00 AM

One of my favourites , very hydrating and the scent is very nice and has a soothing effect on me . Skin looks and feels calm and fresh after use .

on 9/29/2013 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love sheet masks but haven't been able to get my hands on a large variety. Hanskin was the first (my favorite) and then a variety pack from MBD. As for the aloe mask in particular I felt it sufficed. It was moisturizing and did leave my skin soft and smooth. The effect seemed to last a day or so. I'd probably purchase the aloe one again but I have found that the new Garnier sheet masks aren't too shabby and are more accessible.

on 12/10/2014 7:02:00 PM

These sheet masks are very soothing and moisturizing. They smell lovely too!
I own many other My Beauty Diary masks, and I think Aloe is my favorite.
When I use this mask for 30 minutes, 2-3 times a week, my skin is brighter and more vibrant right after using. I'm very happy that my breakout prone skin didn't breakout from this.

on 5/1/2016 7:21:00 PM

I've tried a few different MBD masks in the last couple months, and this one is by far my favorite. I apply it to clean skin, usually while in a hot bath when my pores are most susceptible. I leave it on for 10 -20 minutes, and rub the remaining essence into my skin. I immediately follow with serum and face cream. The results are instant and noticeable.

I get dry between my eyebrows, and as such, I have just a few fine lines there. After one of these masks, my skin is plumped and the lines are gone.

It is important to moisturize after using these masks. As the essence dries, it tightens and can be irritating. If you follow through with the moisturizer, you will have the best skin day ever.

on 8/30/2012 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Ahhh sheet masks! One of the most "imported" beauty products/ritauls come to North America from the Far East and due to their novelty (and cheery packaging!) many-many girls hyped it up so much that it seemed like everyone loved them. The variety is endless and each type is said to address specific skin issues and skin types - Black Pearl, Aloe, Cooling, Strawberry Yogurt, Natto etc.
I purchased a variety pack from our local Asian market, delighted and optimistic of course. My box came with 10 masks (2 of each) and i was looking forward to checking them out, looking over ingredients, directions, concerns....Unfortunately i couldnt do any of those since the English translation was missing except for the mask name! I was disappointed but figured i could do some research online and pick up some tips on how to use it, how long, which benefits to expect etc. It was easier said than done but eventually i got the hang of it...proceeding with caution!
I put the mask on my face after cleansing and i have to admit the cooling sensation felt amazing on my skin for the duration of my "experiment"! I removed the sheet after 20 minutes, massaged the excess essence into my cheeks and was pleasently surprised by how soft, supple, plump and cool my skin felt! I loved it - the cynic in me lost the battle :)
Fastforward 2-3 hours, my face is going back to its usual "tired self", the skin is no longer supple to the touch and to top it off i was a bit itchy :-( Hmm so the results were short lived but i went and tried a different mask the next day...SAME results!!!
Yes these masks feel great, look cute and give you radiant skin for a little while BUT for me this is not enough! I want skincare masks to address my skin issues, leave me with a glow, last for much longer and produce some kind of long-term effects (or promises). These masks obviously didnt fit the bill so i gave up - i only put up an effort if its worth it and 3 hours of softness are not a very good incentive for me.
I can see these masks working for special occassions for that extra short-term glow BUT real skincare they are not :( No matter how cute the packaging is...

on 1/10/2013 10:36:00 PM

Pros:
-moisturizing
-smells good
-refreshing

Cons:
none

It's a really good moisturizing mask and it's quite cheap. I like to put it in the fridge for 10-15 minutes before opening the package and putting the mask on my face. Especially in the summer. A cold mask is so refreshing especially when it's scorching hot outside!

Skin is also brighter the next day. But the brightening effect is temporary. Lasts only for a day or two. But since it's not the main purpose of the mask, i think it's just an added bonus.

Overall, I really like this mask. I even stocked up 3 boxes of 5 sheet masks last time I went back to Hong Kong.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Firstly you can't beat the price. Hydrates and tones but I wouldnt say it's the best of the best. However it's a satisfactory introduction to the MBD masks range as it doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. I left it on for 40 mins and it still felt damp so I slathered the rest on my legs and arms. Tends to drop on my neck in the first 5-10mins but u can't fault them for providing more essence. Will not repurchase only because I find there are other masks which can do more. Easy on the pocket to sample :) will be trying thee other masks soon

on 9/9/2013 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim at an Asian grocery store Since I have redness issues and my skin is sensitive, I bought the aloe vera. I use it like any sheet mask. Put it on a cleansed face for 25-30 minutes. I usually put it on when I'm stressed, have an event to go to or after exfoliation. After I take it off and massage my face with the left over essence, it drys pretty quickly so I put some moisturizer over it. I really see the effects after I wake up (or in a few hours if I use it in the middle of the day). It looks healthy, and moisturized. Very nice and refreshing go-to sheet mask. Not an HG product but it suits my purposes well and will buy (and did re-buy a couple times) as well as willing to try the other types.