Christian Lacroix Absynthe

Christian Lacroix Absynthe

3.3

on 3/27/2009 9:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Goes on my skin almost like citrus, bright and fruity, then begins immediately to fade into a very same-y fruit/youth fragrance. I sure wish I was getting all those cool-sounding notes that everyone else is talking about, but aside from a murky/dusty note I sometimes get with cheap perfumes that creeps in at about the half hour mark, all I have on my wrist is a fruity floral been-there-done-that. There might be the tiniest hint of green in there somewhere, but there isn't wood, absinthe, anise, nothing like that. Beats me where the fruit is coming from, but on the whole I'm very disappointed. Points for being okay and wearable, but very few for being such a major, fizzling nothing. This is nothing new.

on 3/20/2009 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I would buy this product again but knowing Avon it'll be discontinued before I'm ready to repurchase. I like the sweetness of Lolita Lempicka but I can't take the normal gourmandy/foody scents very well. What I like about Absythe is that the sweetness of a foody scent is there but it's got a dryness to it that I like and can tolerate. There's also green notes as well that add a fresh feel. It's unique enough yet fits in with the woody/sweet thing that's trendy right now. I hope this stays around for awhile. The bottle is heavy and beautiful. I happen to like that the staying power is not as good, so that I may be able to get away with wearing this at work.

on 3/11/2009 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Its very very spicy like Prada or Miracle Forever. Its too spicy for my taste like pepper spray, I shoulda known better.

Notes are: absynthe, golden freesia, green anise, orchid, saffron, davana flower, narcusiss nectar, antique woods, ebony musk, myrrh, amber.

I find the Christian Lacroix Rouge was more citrusy oriental, which would be more appropriate for summer and ironically Absynthe is very wintery type of smell. I do love the bottle, the bright lime green is pretty, but unfortunately I dont like the smell. I do not smell freesia, or floral smells. I bought this off ebay for few bucks, I can see why.

EDIT: I left the bottle uncapped for a month, the spicyness died down signficantly. I sprayed it recently, I did notice that the dry down is much much better, THANK GOD!! its more like Lolita Lempicka, or Betsey Johnson- very vanilla leafy amber smell. I think thats what Lacroix is replicating. I still dont smell freesia or orchid and because of the strong vanilla prescence, I still consider wearing this in the winter months. This perfume is longwearing. The scent is becoming complex day by day. It stayed on me all day. I am upping my rating from 2 to 4. If you like sweeter smells, this is for you.