Christian Lacroix Absynthe

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Christian Lacroix Absynthe

3.2

I have to say I sampled this expecting to hate it with a passion, as I hated Lacroix's Rouge.

This fragrance is actually really nicely done. On my skin I get orchid, saffron, myrrh, woody notes and just enough anise to give it a refreshing, powdery, woodsy spicy tone. I've never smelled a fragrance so far that smells similiar to this one.

I really like the color of the bottle too, it just reminds me of the forest and of fantasy woodland creatures.

Overall, I really like this one, cannot say that I'm in love with it. Though, this one is so unique that I am probably going to reach for it much more than I think. This is a fragrance you could wear for any occasion or in any season.

EDIT: The lasting power of this scent is horrid, doesn't last very long at all 15 minutes if that. So, I took away one lippie.

on 8/29/2011 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This perfume is so underrated! The bottle is gorgeous and the scent is heavy and haunting. Kind of smells like XS by Paco Rabanne for men but obviously a bit more feminine. Definitely a night time fragrance and great value for money (15 for 50ML EDP) Can't wait to buy!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this scent much better than the "Christian Lacroix Rouge" - which I hated very much. This is a bit more lighter on the nose and has more oriental floral notes that agree much more with my palette. The woodsy spicy notes are still there in this perfume, but not as strong as the others from the line. I only tested it, but it wasn't enough for me to want to purchase it. Would be nice for those who like stronger heavier scents. Lasting power is average though.

on 2/24/2011 10:49:00 PM

I just didn't like this scent, I found it a bit strong. Wouldn't buy it again.

Love the scent
Love the bottle
Scent doesn't last long enough!
It's on sale half price right now!

& to update previous poster-
Avon's return policy is 1 year, not 90 days :)

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Are y'all kidding? This fragrance is unique and delightful. It was the very first Avon scent I purchased and really changed my stereotype of Avon fragrances. It's so wearable, spicy and oriental without being overpowering. Last at least 3 hrs., which is good for me. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wantinga fairly inexpensive cologne fo a great price!

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I'm delighted with Abysnthe! At first, I admit, I purchased this for the gorgeous chartruese colored bottle and the golden design scrolled on it. I thought it might be another modern, loud, letheric-type scent that Avon (and Mark) have been mass producing over the past few years.

But, Christian Lacroix may have been more hands on with his creation for Avon, in that this is a lovely, sexy but soft, cyphre-oriental eau de parfum (though Avon describes it as strictly an oriental).

There are no offensive notes or loud sillage with Absynthe. It's nearly a linear scent, but sparks of incense and patchouli do develop after a few hours when the base notes fully bloom which is so delightful!

If the color of the bottle - chartreuse - had a scent, it would be this! I highly recommend Christian Lacroix Absynthe by Avon!

on 3/27/2009 9:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Goes on my skin almost like citrus, bright and fruity, then begins immediately to fade into a very same-y fruit/youth fragrance. I sure wish I was getting all those cool-sounding notes that everyone else is talking about, but aside from a murky/dusty note I sometimes get with cheap perfumes that creeps in at about the half hour mark, all I have on my wrist is a fruity floral been-there-done-that. There might be the tiniest hint of green in there somewhere, but there isn't wood, absinthe, anise, nothing like that. Beats me where the fruit is coming from, but on the whole I'm very disappointed. Points for being okay and wearable, but very few for being such a major, fizzling nothing. This is nothing new.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The fragrance is very strong & spicy, there is nothing tender and airy in it, though I can feel strong green notes. Basic notes are very close to those in U by Ungaro.
Reminds me of something from 1980-s, my grandma used to wear a perfume very alike.
The most disappointing part - it does not last, 3 hours - and it is gone.