Christian Lacroix Absynthe

Christian Lacroix Absynthe

3.6

on 3/11/2009 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Its very very spicy like Prada or Miracle Forever. Its too spicy for my taste like pepper spray, I shoulda known better.

Notes are: absynthe, golden freesia, green anise, orchid, saffron, davana flower, narcusiss nectar, antique woods, ebony musk, myrrh, amber.

I find the Christian Lacroix Rouge was more citrusy oriental, which would be more appropriate for summer and ironically Absynthe is very wintery type of smell. I do love the bottle, the bright lime green is pretty, but unfortunately I dont like the smell. I do not smell freesia, or floral smells. I bought this off ebay for few bucks, I can see why.

EDIT: I left the bottle uncapped for a month, the spicyness died down signficantly. I sprayed it recently, I did notice that the dry down is much much better, THANK GOD!! its more like Lolita Lempicka, or Betsey Johnson- very vanilla leafy amber smell. I think thats what Lacroix is replicating. I still dont smell freesia or orchid and because of the strong vanilla prescence, I still consider wearing this in the winter months. This perfume is longwearing. The scent is becoming complex day by day. It stayed on me all day. I am upping my rating from 2 to 4. If you like sweeter smells, this is for you.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The fragrance is very strong & spicy, there is nothing tender and airy in it, though I can feel strong green notes. Basic notes are very close to those in U by Ungaro.
Reminds me of something from 1980-s, my grandma used to wear a perfume very alike.
The most disappointing part - it does not last, 3 hours - and it is gone.

on 3/20/2009 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I would buy this product again but knowing Avon it'll be discontinued before I'm ready to repurchase. I like the sweetness of Lolita Lempicka but I can't take the normal gourmandy/foody scents very well. What I like about Absythe is that the sweetness of a foody scent is there but it's got a dryness to it that I like and can tolerate. There's also green notes as well that add a fresh feel. It's unique enough yet fits in with the woody/sweet thing that's trendy right now. I hope this stays around for awhile. The bottle is heavy and beautiful. I happen to like that the staying power is not as good, so that I may be able to get away with wearing this at work.

on 3/27/2009 9:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Goes on my skin almost like citrus, bright and fruity, then begins immediately to fade into a very same-y fruit/youth fragrance. I sure wish I was getting all those cool-sounding notes that everyone else is talking about, but aside from a murky/dusty note I sometimes get with cheap perfumes that creeps in at about the half hour mark, all I have on my wrist is a fruity floral been-there-done-that. There might be the tiniest hint of green in there somewhere, but there isn't wood, absinthe, anise, nothing like that. Beats me where the fruit is coming from, but on the whole I'm very disappointed. Points for being okay and wearable, but very few for being such a major, fizzling nothing. This is nothing new.

on 4/10/2009 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This fragrance is really nice. I like spicy scents so this appealed to me plus I thought the bottle was beautiful, like a peridot. BUT...after about an hour the scent is mostly gone. It has zero lasting power. Because of this I will not repurchase.

Eighties scent, a bit cheap too. It vanishes really quickly. After couple of hours it's all gone. Nothing like the name or the image.. disappointing.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I'm delighted with Abysnthe! At first, I admit, I purchased this for the gorgeous chartruese colored bottle and the golden design scrolled on it. I thought it might be another modern, loud, letheric-type scent that Avon (and Mark) have been mass producing over the past few years.

But, Christian Lacroix may have been more hands on with his creation for Avon, in that this is a lovely, sexy but soft, cyphre-oriental eau de parfum (though Avon describes it as strictly an oriental).

There are no offensive notes or loud sillage with Absynthe. It's nearly a linear scent, but sparks of incense and patchouli do develop after a few hours when the base notes fully bloom which is so delightful!

If the color of the bottle - chartreuse - had a scent, it would be this! I highly recommend Christian Lacroix Absynthe by Avon!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Are y'all kidding? This fragrance is unique and delightful. It was the very first Avon scent I purchased and really changed my stereotype of Avon fragrances. It's so wearable, spicy and oriental without being overpowering. Last at least 3 hrs., which is good for me. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wantinga fairly inexpensive cologne fo a great price!

on 1/24/2011 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was rather wary of avon perfumes. I found they did not last at all. For some reason I decided to try absynthe. I didnt even try a tester first. I love it, its very sophisticated, woody and spicy. Dare I say it even sexy! Almost unisex. The packaging is gorgeous to.
I was amazed by its lasting power. I have come to the conclusion that some perfumes last longer than others depending on the individual. I say give it a go. You always have the 90 day return policy to fall back on.

Love the scent
Love the bottle
Scent doesn't last long enough!
It's on sale half price right now!

& to update previous poster-
Avon's return policy is 1 year, not 90 days :)

Popular Fragrances