Christian Lacroix Absynthe

Filtered by age: 30-35
Christian Lacroix Absynthe

3.3

I have to say I sampled this expecting to hate it with a passion, as I hated Lacroix's Rouge.

This fragrance is actually really nicely done. On my skin I get orchid, saffron, myrrh, woody notes and just enough anise to give it a refreshing, powdery, woodsy spicy tone. I've never smelled a fragrance so far that smells similiar to this one.

I really like the color of the bottle too, it just reminds me of the forest and of fantasy woodland creatures.

Overall, I really like this one, cannot say that I'm in love with it. Though, this one is so unique that I am probably going to reach for it much more than I think. This is a fragrance you could wear for any occasion or in any season.

EDIT: The lasting power of this scent is horrid, doesn't last very long at all 15 minutes if that. So, I took away one lippie.

on 4/10/2009 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This fragrance is really nice. I like spicy scents so this appealed to me plus I thought the bottle was beautiful, like a peridot. BUT...after about an hour the scent is mostly gone. It has zero lasting power. Because of this I will not repurchase.

on 3/20/2009 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I would buy this product again but knowing Avon it'll be discontinued before I'm ready to repurchase. I like the sweetness of Lolita Lempicka but I can't take the normal gourmandy/foody scents very well. What I like about Absythe is that the sweetness of a foody scent is there but it's got a dryness to it that I like and can tolerate. There's also green notes as well that add a fresh feel. It's unique enough yet fits in with the woody/sweet thing that's trendy right now. I hope this stays around for awhile. The bottle is heavy and beautiful. I happen to like that the staying power is not as good, so that I may be able to get away with wearing this at work.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The fragrance is very strong & spicy, there is nothing tender and airy in it, though I can feel strong green notes. Basic notes are very close to those in U by Ungaro.
Reminds me of something from 1980-s, my grandma used to wear a perfume very alike.
The most disappointing part - it does not last, 3 hours - and it is gone.