Christian Lacroix Absynthe

Christian Lacroix Absynthe

4.5

on 8/8/2011 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow nice fragrance! A Strong, rare, and addictive parfum! The notes on this one are heavier, dominant and i can perceive the great work the perfumer did to create it. The bottle is to die for so elegant and luxury! I think as all parfums created, its not for everyone cuz the aroma is strange some people will not stand it! But when u tested and let it down on ur skin u will find it lovely! My young 17 sister loves it, my mom, all in my family loves the fragrance! At the beggining the smells is like fresh burst with green notes trying to dominate, then it dry down more softly and closely to the skin! Is like a rare potion, all the mysteri of the old famous drink absynthe! Try it before u buy it!!! My brother bought the mens version and is a nice one, rare smelling with the green undertones from the forrest! This mines bought it with a beautiful green cosmetic bag! Will buy it again 100%!!!

on 3/11/2009 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Its very very spicy like Prada or Miracle Forever. Its too spicy for my taste like pepper spray, I shoulda known better.

Notes are: absynthe, golden freesia, green anise, orchid, saffron, davana flower, narcusiss nectar, antique woods, ebony musk, myrrh, amber.

I find the Christian Lacroix Rouge was more citrusy oriental, which would be more appropriate for summer and ironically Absynthe is very wintery type of smell. I do love the bottle, the bright lime green is pretty, but unfortunately I dont like the smell. I do not smell freesia, or floral smells. I bought this off ebay for few bucks, I can see why.

EDIT: I left the bottle uncapped for a month, the spicyness died down signficantly. I sprayed it recently, I did notice that the dry down is much much better, THANK GOD!! its more like Lolita Lempicka, or Betsey Johnson- very vanilla leafy amber smell. I think thats what Lacroix is replicating. I still dont smell freesia or orchid and because of the strong vanilla prescence, I still consider wearing this in the winter months. This perfume is longwearing. The scent is becoming complex day by day. It stayed on me all day. I am upping my rating from 2 to 4. If you like sweeter smells, this is for you.

Popular Fragrances