E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/23/2015 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I initially hated this brush but found it is actually perfect for contouring and applying blush on my huge, chubby cheeks. Most contour or blush brushes are too small for my cheeks and my blush ends up being too pigmented and blotchy from using a brush that is too small. I like how the hairs are dispersed and not dense so that my blush or contour powder look more blended out and not concentrated when I apply it.

I first dab the brush into my powder and stamp it into my arm to get rid of the excess powder and then pat the powder on my cheeks to get a blended look!

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm in love with this brush. Flawless finish with my creme foundation every time. It really does smooth and blend out my look. The brush never sheds and like any brush, if you clean it regularly it can last forever! I also love how the bristles are SO soft!! As for three bucks? You just can't bet it, I'll probably have to buy a few more just for backup!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Just like others, when I saw ELF brushes, I knew they were cheap and would not be comparable to other high end brushes. But I was WRONG! I decided to feel the brush when I was lingering around Target and I was very surprised! This brush is very comparable to brushes from Sephora, but less than half the price! I really like this brush for powder and blush as well. I will definitely go back and purchase more ELF brushes! Also, ELF is now sold at Walmart.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

It is great for blush and highlighter. I can carefully build the product up on my face with this brush. Even though it is fantastic, however, I will only give it a four because of the fact that my friend's is two times as dense - maybe denser and was disappointed to discover the one I ordered was not as such.

on 12/22/2012 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

One of my Must-have brushes in my collection. How can you beat the price of $3.60? It's just an amazing multipurpose brush. It has the prefect shape and size for what I use it for, blush and contouring. It is also great if you want to set your foundation gently with a powder. It picks up the right amount of product each time, no shedding and very gentle to my skin.
The brush has a sturdy handle and it's all in black plastic. It doesn't look cheap but nothing fancy either. I highly recommend this to everyone!

on 7/27/2012 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Most of the E.L.F Studio Brushes are just amazing, and this is definitley one of them. I have washed this brush multiple times, and I've only had shedding probably once to be completely honest. It is so soft, applies my powder with such a breeze. I find myself reaching for this brush more than my Sedona Lace Powder Brush.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was extremely excited to buy this product because of the outstanding reviews it has gotten on here; however, I can't say I'm blown away with the brush. The positive aspects of the brush are that it's extremely cheap (only $3!), it doesn't shed whatsoever, the synthetic bristles are extremely soft, the design is sleek and visually-satisfying, and it comes with a plastic slip-in cover which keeps the brush neat and protected. I think it's a perfectly fine brush for brushing off loose face powderbut that's about it. The brush doesn't keep its shape at ALL, and that's pretty annoying. The brush hardly picks up any product when using pressed powders like blush and bronzer. The worst quality for me though is its lack of ability to hold its shape. That's makes the price obvious. I don't use the brush for anything but brushing off loose face powder, but it's so cheap that I'd buy it again just for that purpose. I wouldn't use it for anything else. I like having a brush just for loose face powder and so this one is perfect for that, so if this one breaks on me, I'll buy it again for loose powder only because it's so cheap and soft and you really don't need an expensive brush for brushing off loose powder. So yes, I'ld buy it again, but for no other purposes. If you want a brush for contouring, using blush, bronzer, etc, don't buy this one!

on 4/23/2012 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

You can't deny that whether you consider the value of these brushes, their quality is superb! I picked this up very randomly and did not find a use for it for quite some time.
Recently, I started using it to apply bronzer and love it. It is so soft and gentle and does not shed one bit. The shape helps to automatically work on contouring my cheeks (I don't really contour much).

Great brush to have in any collection!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've heard terrible reviews about this brush shedding, but I've had it for 3 months so far, and not a single hair has fallen out (as far as I know).
I'm no brush expert, this being my first REAL makeup brush, but from what I've discovered so far, this doesn't really pick up much product. I'm not sure if all brushes like these are supposed to pick up little product, but this one definitely picks up only a thin bit. I really like that feature, as it makes my powder foundation look less cake-y, but I'm not sure about other people.
This brush is so freaking soft, and I will definitely continue buying brushes from this studio line.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really like this brush! it's super soft and they DONT shed!!!! how awesome is that?! super cheap and they dont even look like it. the only problem is that i may have to replace mine sooner that i thought because the handle seems to be getting loose and it's probably from washing them and rinsing with water so it runs down the handle and loosens the glue but i can probably just super glue it when the handle comes off but other than that i love these brushes!!! oh and i use this for blush!

Popular Makeup Brushes