E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/28/2017 12:12:00 PM

This brush is one of my favorites, and I think I have three or four of them. They last, though one did get tossed after many years of use, and I like using this for either applying powder/mineral foundation, blending concealer, or adding a coat of powder. I tend to clean these with baby wipes, which isn't probably the best way to do it, but I just swipe them over a fresh sheet and get the old product and whatever else off. They last a really long time, too. For something like $3 (they may be up to $4 now), I have gotten tons of use out of these particular brushes. They're not super fluffy or dense, but not wispy either, but just a good in between for me and multiple makeup uses.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This brush is an all-time favorite of mine for applying face powder and blush. It picks up product efficiently and perfectly applies it across my face every time I use it. The bristles are packed tightly, but they are long enough to provide a lovely softness to this brush. As the bristles are synthetic, one could use cream and liquid products with this brush. I have only used it with powder cosmetics, but I have been tremendously pleased with the results.

WOW! compared to the ELF total face brush, this is a total comeback for Elf face brushes.

I absolutely LOVE this. It comes with it's own brush guard, and I haven't yet washed it, but from the other reviews, it looks like it sheds a ton less than the elf total face brush.

downside- it doesn't do the best job picking UP powders, but it's super soft and does great as far as blending. the bristles feel great and they actually smell great fresh out of the package. It picks up my loose powder fine, but i wish it'd get a TAD more. Then again, I'd WAYY rather it not get too much and sit there tapping it on the makeup and getting powder all up everywhere. that's SOO annoying.

Awesome for blending and finishing naturally. 5 lippies.
I don't know if I would repurchase because this one will probably last me a long time:)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this brush about a year a go and loved it. Blended my blush/bronzer seamlessly. It was so great I wanted to buy several more to have a clean one to blend everything, and some for just blush and bronzer. Well a few weeks ago I finally went to Target and bought three more brushes, and was crushed they are not the same. The best way I can describe it is that they taper into more of an oval shape. They do not apply the same as my old one, the blush/bronzer does not go on evenly. It is a clumsy brush. Maybe I just bought a bad brush? The kabuki one blends much better, the tapered and angled brush I like more for blush and bronzer.

Very good powder brush, big enough for the whole face. The brush is convenient to hold and is easy to work with.

on 7/29/2015 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I use this brush for a natural application of bronzer. If you're looking for a precise bronzer brush, this isn't for you. I can' believe I only paid $3 for it. I'm loving it more than my expensive brushes.

on 6/16/2014 12:40:00 AM

I love this brush! I recently picked it up after my regular white E.l.f. Powder brush started falling apart. This one is a million times better. I use it to set my foundation. The brush is super soft and fluffy, and it picks up just the right amount of product for application. It works just as well as other more expensive brushes that I've tried. And for three bucks, what more could you ask for?

on 6/5/2014 7:26:00 PM

I use this for my powder, and it works great. You can likely find better for a higher price, but I'm very happy with this brush for now. Recommended if you're looking for a cheap brush for any number of uses.

on 5/22/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite powder brush! It's so soft and it gets just the right amount of powder on without making my face look super cakey. Awesome job, E.L.F.! This, my studio eyeshadow "C" brush and my studio powder brush are staples of my makeup bag.

Rumour has it, this used to be great. For me it was too late.
The current version is not dense. Unless there is confirmation that ELF has brought this back to its original quality, I wouldn't waste cash. There are so many similar synthetic brushes, which cost slightly more but are actually worth their price.

Popular Makeup Brushes