E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/28/2017 2:02:00 PM

I LOVE, love, love this brush! It's so sturdy, dense, soft and I've also never had any shedding- I have used it daily for ages. I can't even remember how I came upon it, that's how long I've had it and t looks brand new. This has replaced my MAC stiple brush as I find it sweeps my blush on so much better, like it glides over nicely. I can't be without it. I only use it for my blush or maybe bronzer when I wear the latter and it is perfect!

on 10/20/2016 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

No idea how e.l.f. is able to produce and sell so many makeup brushes for only $3! This brush is large but not fluffy, rather it is almost flat like a paddle but with a domed/curved edge to it. I use this with the e.l.f. tone correcting pressed powder to swirl the colors together and apply as a finishing powder - love it for this purpose. Bristles are soft and deposit just the right amount of powder on my face. The only issue I have ever had with an e.l.f. brush before was the flat topped powder brush I used to apply foundation. Okay, my fault since it was labeled "powder" brush and I used it for liquid foundation but it applied it so beautifully I couldn't help myself. Downside to that was I washed it so often that the glue inside the ferrel broke down and the handle became loose over time. Lesson learned - be gentle with cleaning to not over soak the bristles too far up and the brush should remain intact much longer. Thankfully this brush does not appear to retain product (maybe because this powder is awesome?) but I don't find myself having to clean it as often. Well worth the $3 in my opinion and highly recommend it.

All the raves for this brush are right on. This is a great, and quite soft, classic paddle powder brush, ideal for loose powders in particular. The sides form the perfect flat shape (ala MAC 134) to tap into sifter powder lids to capture the powder, and then for pressing and taping the loose powder onto the face, to really set foundation, before then changing to a sweeping motion to move the set powder all over, and the excess off the face for a light and even finish.

Yes, the MAC and other much more expensive brushes are very slightly larger, denser, and a tiny touch softer. And they have a weightier and more expensive feel in the hand, if you have the money to splurge and those tactile traights are important to you. But for those that are gearing toward a light and natural, but even coverage, of powder, for 3 bucks this brush offers excellent performance and is one of the best buys in the cosmetic world, period.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

At first I wasn't sure what to do with this brush but after experimenting with all things powder, I realize you can use it for most things. I wouldn't recommend it if you are only using powder as foundation, because it wouldn't get the coverage but as far as powder over foundation, blush and bronzer, it works and feels like a dream. I didn't think I was going to get any color with it because of its fluffiness, but somehow it works beautifully. It's also great for setting powder and blending face for a more natural look after you are done with your makeup.
Another great, cheap brush

I've had this soft and serviceable brush for a long time... I can't say exactly how long. Could be anywhere from 4-5 years; and it is finally about to fly the coup. This brush, along with the other e.l.f. brushes I bought around that same time, have started to shed like crazy and are entirely unusable. However, you can hardly blame an inexpensive brush for shedding after that length of time- probably even a pricey one would.

I've used this primarily as my main blush brush, but also as an all-over bronzer brush and a powder brush. When you're traveling and need to carry fewer brushes this is a real multitasker.

A couple issues with this brush were that shortly after I got it, the black paint chipped off the handle in a major way. That's simply an aesthetic thing and didn't bother me much. The other thing was that the brush head broke off the handle and had to be glued back on more than once. That one was more of an inconvenience. My mom has the same e.l.f. brushes and hers also required repair.

Overall the brush was good value, in spite of the maintenance concerns! But it is time to retire it. I live in Canada and it's hard to find e.l.f., unless I'm lucky enough to stumble across it at Winners. And the website doesn't have the best Canadian shipping options. So I think I'll be replacing this brush with one from Real Techniques or EcoTools. But if you can pick it up, it's a good steal.

This is such a high-quality brush. I use it every day to apply setting powder all over my face. It also works really well for blush and bronzer. When I travel, this is the only face brush I take with me and it's the perfect multi-tasker for powder, blush, and bronzer! It's super soft and tapered really nicely which makes it great for blending. I've had it for months, wash it about once a week, and it's still in perfect condition. I really can't say enough good things about this brush. Oh, and it's only $3! Highly recommend for beginners and professionals alike!

on 5/27/2014 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brush is half decent. I use it to apply finishing powder and for the price it's worth it. I find the bristles are too spaced out and not dense enough to do too much.

on 1/23/2014 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this brush! It's so soft, which is important on my sensitive skin, and it works well too. I mainly use it to apply translucent powder and occasionally powder foundation. It brushes over my face with no irritation and seems to distribute product well.

on 7/10/2013 7:51:00 PM

Get this brush! You can't go wrong really, it's great, especially for the price. Super soft, does not shed, fluffy, easy to work with, versitale, cheap. Lovely. I use it for finishing powder and 'all over' bronzer. Can be used for blush/highlight and maybe even contour but I prefer other brushes. Also great for overall blending, if you have your blush, powder, contour, bronzer, highlighting and whatever on, to go all over your face with this one to mix it all in; edges are gone and everything is beautifully blended.

on 4/16/2013 10:58:00 PM

This product was such a sleeper. I had it sitting around for ever and never used it until one day i put some bronzer on and it was a charm!

It's now the only brush I'll use for applying bronzer and tranluscent powder to my face. I will repurchase.

Popular Makeup Brushes