E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/28/2017 2:02:00 PM

I LOVE, love, love this brush! It's so sturdy, dense, soft and I've also never had any shedding- I have used it daily for ages. I can't even remember how I came upon it, that's how long I've had it and t looks brand new. This has replaced my MAC stiple brush as I find it sweeps my blush on so much better, like it glides over nicely. I can't be without it. I only use it for my blush or maybe bronzer when I wear the latter and it is perfect!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This brush is the perfect size and shape for face powder. I use it every single day to set my face even if I'm not wearing foundation. It sets powder really nicely and evenly and doesn't shed at all. Definitely recommend!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this brush a week ago and I'm in love with it! I love using it to set my face with powder and to apply bronzer. I love how the brush is tapered just a little bit, which makes it perfect to find the contours of your face. Definitely a great brush 🙌🏼

on 9/6/2016 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I find that for this price, this brush is amazing quality. I use it for both bronzer and blush. It is just the right size to fit the apples of my cheeks and allows me to build colour as needed. I would definitely recommend this brush.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this brush!! I use it for bronzer, blush, and finishing powder. The bristles aren't rough and unlike other cheap powder brushes I've tried, this doesn't shed everywhere. When I wash it it does shed bristles sometimes, but that's about it. I've had it for six months and it's still going strong. Considering the fact that this cost less than $3, I think that's pretty good! If you're looking for a multi-tasking face brush and don't mind drugstore brushes then I highly recommend getting this.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

At first I wasn't sure what to do with this brush but after experimenting with all things powder, I realize you can use it for most things. I wouldn't recommend it if you are only using powder as foundation, because it wouldn't get the coverage but as far as powder over foundation, blush and bronzer, it works and feels like a dream. I didn't think I was going to get any color with it because of its fluffiness, but somehow it works beautifully. It's also great for setting powder and blending face for a more natural look after you are done with your makeup.
Another great, cheap brush

on 11/29/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I disagree with the opinions that this brush is soft. Mine was well built - no shedding, a very nice density for applying loose powder from a sifter jar, which is what I purchased it for, and the handle is a confortable length for a good grip while still letting me lean in close to the mirror for nearsightedness. For these positive factors, 3 stars.

The bristles, however, are vaguely prickly. Not enough for me to call them irritating or rough, but certainly not as soft or smooth as other synthetics I own, namely from the older generation of Ecotools as well as the German Pfeilring brand, as well as Catrice and even some essence facial brushes.

It's a great shape and I love how floppy it is - I don't want a dense brush packing on loose powder - but the actual quality of the synthetic bristles themselves could be better, finer and easier on the skin.

I've had this soft and serviceable brush for a long time... I can't say exactly how long. Could be anywhere from 4-5 years; and it is finally about to fly the coup. This brush, along with the other e.l.f. brushes I bought around that same time, have started to shed like crazy and are entirely unusable. However, you can hardly blame an inexpensive brush for shedding after that length of time- probably even a pricey one would.

I've used this primarily as my main blush brush, but also as an all-over bronzer brush and a powder brush. When you're traveling and need to carry fewer brushes this is a real multitasker.

A couple issues with this brush were that shortly after I got it, the black paint chipped off the handle in a major way. That's simply an aesthetic thing and didn't bother me much. The other thing was that the brush head broke off the handle and had to be glued back on more than once. That one was more of an inconvenience. My mom has the same e.l.f. brushes and hers also required repair.

Overall the brush was good value, in spite of the maintenance concerns! But it is time to retire it. I live in Canada and it's hard to find e.l.f., unless I'm lucky enough to stumble across it at Winners. And the website doesn't have the best Canadian shipping options. So I think I'll be replacing this brush with one from Real Techniques or EcoTools. But if you can pick it up, it's a good steal.

Very good powder brush, big enough for the whole face. The brush is convenient to hold and is easy to work with.

on 8/26/2015 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite ELF brushes together with the blush brush and the small stippling brush. I love the shape of it with a narrow side. I use this mainly for bronzer but it's an all rounder multipurpose brush. You cannot go wrong with this brush at this price point, it's just great.

Popular Makeup Brushes