E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush

ELF Studio Complexion BrushStudio Complexion BrushStudio Complexion Brush27

4.6

on 12/23/2015 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I initially hated this brush but found it is actually perfect for contouring and applying blush on my huge, chubby cheeks. Most contour or blush brushes are too small for my cheeks and my blush ends up being too pigmented and blotchy from using a brush that is too small. I like how the hairs are dispersed and not dense so that my blush or contour powder look more blended out and not concentrated when I apply it.

I first dab the brush into my powder and stamp it into my arm to get rid of the excess powder and then pat the powder on my cheeks to get a blended look!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

love this brush

Great price (3$) for a very decent brush! I use it for powder (both pressed and loose) and it can be compared with other more expensive brands (I have sigma brushes, EcoTools, Real techniques, etc.) Its soft, quite dense and I never had any problems with shedding though I use to wash it every week. Design is also nice, looks professional, I would never say it costs just 3 bucks....:))

on 5/29/2014 8:47:00 AM

I can't believe I've only tried this now. I have the tom ford blush brush, bobbi brown blush brush and the real techniques blush brush. I like all of them but lately I noticed my Bobbi brown feels a bit stratchy and up my TF seems too expensive to abuse. For everyday I notice I use more of the real techniques one, its soft enough and I don't feel I have to baby it as much so I decided to try an elf brush. I don't feel one should pay a lot for synthetic brushes so I decided to try elf and I'm so glad I did. It is seriously the softest. If you like big fluffy blush brushes, this is a great choice. It is the least dense blush brush I have but not too much that it does not pick up product. It is almost the same size as the bobbi brown. It washes well and dries fast, I hate when synthetic brushes take forever to dry. The packaging is fine, it does not look really cheap. I can defintely travel with this, abuse it and not be too careful with it.

I will definitely try more elf brushes in the future. One thing I cannot answer is the longevity. So far I haven't experience any shedding or bleeding, only time will tell but I've bought a $30+ brush and it shed like crazy, a $3 brush is less annoying than a $30 one. If it does last a while I would definitely get back ups of this brush because I travel so much and I abuse my brushes, I drop them, I'm heavy handed with my blush, I wash them with bar soap. I feel brushes shouldn't be babied too much, I can't be bothered with buying brush cleaners, this one washes well and has kept it's shape, I hope I will enjoy other styles as much as I like this one.

on 10/12/2013 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this for dusting on loose powder or just sweeping off excess powder...i don't see much use for this brush other than that...but overall a very soft and fluffy brush that fufill its purposes...

This was the first brush I ever purchased when I started experimenting with makeup, and its still holding up! Its soft, functional, and Im not afraid to make mistakes with it bc it so inexpensive. it holds up well to washing. I use it for buffing foundation, and with ELF translucent powder ( much better than the sponge it comes with.) I love ELFs blush brush too. What a great product for $1. You cant beat that!

on 4/6/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a great powder brush but it and be used to apply a light layer of bronzer and for blush. I love it with my E.L.F HD Translucent powder whenever i want to apply a light yeaer of powder and im not wearing a lot of foundation. When i am wearing a my full coverage look, i use a powder puff so it locks in the foundation even better then knock off the excess powder with this brush

I can't add too much as others have posted really great things regarding this brush. I own one myself and it's really nice. I love how the price is right too.

I don't think this is in anyway a miracle brush but for 3 dollars, it is great for powders and blush. The handle kind of sucks because it broke as soon as I took it out of the package... But honestly for 3 bucks what did I expect? Lol I didn't return it though and I'm glad I didn't because this thing is sooooo soft and works great. I wouldn't trust it with my foundations but I'd reccomend it if you're looking for a cheap powder brush that really works. Give it a try before you dish $15+ on a more expensive brush. You can't go wrong with this!

on 6/23/2012 12:02:00 PM

Like all the ELF Studio brushes, I love this. It's perfect for applying my translucent face powder to set my tinted moisturizer. It's super soft, sleek, and holds up well through washes. It blends out powder beautifully across the face and picks up the right amount out of the pan. My roommate who swears by MAC brushes was impressed with the quality of these and her jaw dropped when she found out they were only $3 each.

Popular Makeup Brushes