E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so impressed by ELF flat top powder brush that I've bought this one.
All my other brushes are from Bobbi Brown, Dior, Sisley and as much as I love ELF flat top brush this one isn't for me.
Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing brush for the price. But there is nothing spectacular about it and I own couple of very similar brushes, that I like better.
Though I would totally recommend it to anyone who is not up to spend 45$ for a brush because below 45$ price point you'll hardly find anything comparable to this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

used to love it so much but now its meh

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Love, love my E.L.F. brushes and I plan to get more when I can. This is a great brush if I want to apply my powder foundation lightly for a very sheer look or if I want to buff my makeup. It's also good for applying blush or bronzer.

Either way, it's a very versatile brush with nice, soft bristles and you can't beat the price!

Eyes: Violet

for only $3.00, this brush is unbeatable. I owned several high end sephora natural bristle French made brushes( $45), and they do not perform more beautifully than this brush. I can wash this brush and it dries very easily. It feels like silk against my skin. No itchy or scratchy show. It doesn't shed, and it's ultra light weight. I notice that when I apply my mineral makeup, it goes on much smoother with the ELF brush. I don't need as much powder for the same coverage when using this brush. I get a seamless ultra smooth canvas. I also do not get that cakey look like the more expensive brands i've owned. Some brushes can pick up too much powder to cause that geisha look we all dread. ELF brush definitely is perfected for powder application, especially mineral makeup, bronzer, blushes, veils. etc. I own this brush for over a year now and it's still going strong. Wash after wash, it still perfect. I didn't even use any expensive brush cleaner. I simply use baby shampoo on all my brushes. I usually wash all my brushes upside down to prevent water from damaging the glue base of the bristles. I have never seen a single shred issue in the past year of owning this brush. This one doesn't dry out like natural bristle. Plus it's animal cruelty free. I only wish it was denser. Other than that, I have no complaint. For $3.00, it absolutely amazing. Highly recommend. Even if it doesn't work out, at least my wallet won't be burned.

UPDATE: I've had this brush for a year now and it is still going strong. No shedding no breaking, no falling apart, and best of all , it smells great compared to natural bristles. I now use it exclusively to apply blushes. It's very easy to control the amount of pigment from my mineral makeup blushes (which is in powder form). I hope this brush will last me more years to come.

on 5/28/2012 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This brush is incredibly soft. I use it for applying blush and it's awesome. I really do recommend their studio line of brushes, the essential brushes are a bit too rough.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It works great for applying pressed and loose powders with! Also, it doesn't shed. wder with! Doesn't shed! And, even though it does come with a rather cheap price tag, I find it to be of great quality.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I didn't like this.
Pros
it's soft and washes well
Cons
It picks up no product at all

So unless you are using this to shake off powder it not worth the three dollars

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

GREAT!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this as a blush brush! Great for blending and no hair fall out.

on 6/29/2011 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

So this is not for those who'd like precise application for blush on / bronzer. The bristles are too long, too wide, too soft & too flimsy. Can't use it for blending either.

But I love it because of those very reasons: too long, too wide, too soft & too flimsy. It's my HG for loose powder application for that soft, light and natural look. Totally kicks MAC 129 to the curb.

Popular Makeup Brushes