e.l.f. Studio Complexion Brush

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This brush is the perfect size and shape for face powder. I use it every single day to set my face even if I'm not wearing foundation. It sets powder really nicely and evenly and doesn't shed at all. Definitely recommend!

on 8/9/2016 4:37:00 PM

Very soft and works very well to apply my powder. The look of this brush is also very nice.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

At first I wasn't sure what to do with this brush but after experimenting with all things powder, I realize you can use it for most things. I wouldn't recommend it if you are only using powder as foundation, because it wouldn't get the coverage but as far as powder over foundation, blush and bronzer, it works and feels like a dream. I didn't think I was going to get any color with it because of its fluffiness, but somehow it works beautifully. It's also great for setting powder and blending face for a more natural look after you are done with your makeup.
Another great, cheap brush

on 12/15/2015 2:25:00 PM

If you haven't tried this yet...you really should. I'm sure you will find a use for it. Personally, Im iffy about using it for foundation powders...it seems to either pick up too much or too little product depending on what Im using. Not the best if you want to buff that stuff in...Im used to using kabukis for everything and so with this I find it lets the powder "sit" on the skin more than I would like. I also find this a little too intense for applying blush-but Im a pale girl who has to use a very light hand when it comes to blush. I find this works best for translucent/setting powders and highlighting...probably good for bronzer too but as I don't use bronzer I cant say for certain. What is certain though is this is a good quality brush for a very low cost...buy it and try it!

I love the E.L.F makeup brushes. They are very affordable and readily available in drugstores. I love the price only $3 per makeup brush. These brushes are soft and they don't shed I also love the packaging it has a high end look. I use this brush to apply my Coty powder . I love these brushes and they are great for any age. I recommend you give these brushes a try.

I've had this soft and serviceable brush for a long time... I can't say exactly how long. Could be anywhere from 4-5 years; and it is finally about to fly the coup. This brush, along with the other e.l.f. brushes I bought around that same time, have started to shed like crazy and are entirely unusable. However, you can hardly blame an inexpensive brush for shedding after that length of time- probably even a pricey one would.

I've used this primarily as my main blush brush, but also as an all-over bronzer brush and a powder brush. When you're traveling and need to carry fewer brushes this is a real multitasker.

A couple issues with this brush were that shortly after I got it, the black paint chipped off the handle in a major way. That's simply an aesthetic thing and didn't bother me much. The other thing was that the brush head broke off the handle and had to be glued back on more than once. That one was more of an inconvenience. My mom has the same e.l.f. brushes and hers also required repair.

Overall the brush was good value, in spite of the maintenance concerns! But it is time to retire it. I live in Canada and it's hard to find e.l.f., unless I'm lucky enough to stumble across it at Winners. And the website doesn't have the best Canadian shipping options. So I think I'll be replacing this brush with one from Real Techniques or EcoTools. But if you can pick it up, it's a good steal.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

love this brush

Very good powder brush, big enough for the whole face. The brush is convenient to hold and is easy to work with.

on 8/1/2015 12:57:00 PM

Great brush for powder. I tried to use it for blush but it's a bit too big for me. I only use it for light dusting of powder as its not dense and sweeps powder on do its not too obvious

The handle kept threatening to come off until I glued it.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

For an inexpensive brush, this is an amazing value. I like to use this complexion brush to apply blush or bronzer. The brush is super soft and allows for a light hand at applying bronzer. I never look overdone, using this brush. For my face powder, I lke to use Real Techniques powder brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes